Hotfix for SU5 available tomorrow.

Thread: Hotfix for SU5 available tomorrow.

Hotfix for SU5 available tomorrow.

(Available July 30th) Some good news for those of us having CTD issues with SU5. The video also has additional info about certain mod problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctZP7RQtEN4
    Cheers,
    Dave

Just checked here in Europe. Nothing yet. What's the time over there?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Hmm, I guess it's a start. No sign yet that they will be fixing the broken axis mapping of elevator trim, or the newly introduced incompatibility with the CH Products flight yoke. But we shall see.

So far, this update has been the best thing that's happened in a while -- for Prepar3d!

August

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Just checked here in Europe. Nothing yet. What's the time over there?

Priller
    15:00 CET, so for me next 53 minutes from now.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1.18.14.0. Its up. Again by MS Store firstly ....

390Mb + 350 Kib. Installed.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

So far so good! The first flight behind me (about 20 minutes, between two FTX airports) and was ok, no CTD.
    Of course I need to fly more, but I am writing this as quick info.

Nothing for European Steam users yet...
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Nothing for European Steam users yet...
    I have from MS Store, not for Steam. Always better to have sim direct from producer, the same DCS, IL-2 ect. You will have faster updates and more money goes to develloper and his support for future development .

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I have from MS Store, not for Steam. Always better to have sim direct from producer, the same DCS, IL-2 ect. You will have faster updates and more money goes to develloper and his support for future development .
    Steam just offers more flexibility during the install. And as someone who works in IT, the less money goes to M$, the better. They have enough already. And Steam doesn't make use of the "Store" which is a nightmare for most users. As for addons, I always buy directly from the devs.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Up in Europe on Steam now, tiny update...

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    Hmm, I guess it's a start. No sign yet that they will be fixing the broken axis mapping of elevator trim, or the newly introduced incompatibility with the CH Products flight yoke. But we shall see.

So far, this update has been the best thing that's happened in a while -- for Prepar3d!

August
    My advice is to get FSUIPC and set your controllers through that, no more flakey Asobo controller problems.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    My advice is to get FSUIPC and set your controllers through that, no more flakey Asobo controller problems.
    I concur. I have used FSUIPC since FS9. It has only gotten better with age. I also have Lorby's Axis & Ohs. It is perhaps easier to use setting up controllers, but it can't handle Go-Flight rotaries.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Up in Europe on Steam now, tiny update...
    Thanks Keith!! Just got back from the restaurant, should be able to cope with an update! Especially a tiny one. patience has grown a bit thin lately!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

I'm hoping it fixes this CTD

- Load game
    - choose default plane
    - Load map
    - choose low scenery area in middle of australian desert
    - Click fly now
    - immediate CTD.
    According to the logs it's crashed 15 times so far ( I have been doing the steps on the MS site ).

I've gone through everything barring a re-install ( cos australian internet ).

Fingers crossed for the hotfix. First time this sort of issue has happened. I did get the inability to change the time on the fly but that was managed with the dev tools and it came back at the last update before this one.

<rant start >
    Opt in for updates. Or allow rollback. I play offline. I dont need performance updates. I need stability and less crashes. One thing is for sure. If this hotfix works or I need to re-install I will stop flightsimulator from going on the internet until 2 - 3 weeks after the next update is released in september. I need stability. I dont need rhinoceroses and an announcement that it has arrived on xbox.

Apparently the ability to open doors in the game is coming in 2022. can we ask for a castoring tail wheel for 2023 ? you know something rather important for tail draggers ?

</ Rant over >

( my arm is still hurting from the jab 2 days ago so I blame that.).

Hmm might be time to change the sigpic.
    Last edited by pilto von pilto; July 30th, 2021 at 13:37. Reason: noticed my signature and was amazed that it was old as the hills

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    I'm hoping it fixes this CTD

- Load game
    - choose default plane
    - Load map
    - choose low scenery area in middle of australian desert
    - Click fly now
    - immediate CTD.
    According to the logs it's crashed 15 times so far ( I have been doing the steps on the MS site ).

I've gone through everything barring a re-install ( cos australian internet ).

Fingers crossed for the hotfix. First time this sort of issue has happened. I did get the inability to change the time on the fly but that was managed with the dev tools and it came back at the last update before this one.

<rant start >
    Opt in for updates. Or allow rollback. I play offline. I dont need performance updates. I need stability and less crashes. One thing is for sure. If this hotfix works or I need to re-install I will stop flightsimulator from going on the internet until 2 - 3 weeks after the next update is released in september. I need stability. I dont need rhinoceroses and an announcement that it has arrived on xbox.

Apparently the ability to open doors in the game is coming in 2022. can we ask for a castoring tail wheel for 2023 ? you know something rather important for tail draggers ?

</ Rant over >

( my arm is still hurting from the jab 2 days ago so I blame that.).

Hmm might be time to change the sigpic.
    Hello early naive pilto , this is jaded future pilto talking to you from the future.

No the hotfix does not stop CTD. On top of that after some research online at the steam forums this hotfix has introduced more CTD's than ever before to people whose update was actually working.

Before you were able to select an airport and it would crash at the button Fly now. Now it crashes at world map zooming in to select the airport. And the only good news is that this seems to be a common issue so it might get fixed.

So instead of hoping for castoring wheels in 2023 you should probably reconsider that and ask for a game that lets you fly a plane for 2023.

Let's please keep things civil. If you have an actual issue with the sim, there's nothing anyone here can do about it other than tweak ideas. The official forums are staffed by people with a direct line to Asobo - that's where you need to post. You can also submit a ticket to Zendesk.

As for castering wheels, if you set the steering angle to 180, you'll have what you want. It's an easy edit in the Flight_Model.cfg file using Notepad. In the list of point.x lines, the ones with a "1" for the first parameter are the wheels. The one of those with a "0" for the third parameter is the nose or tail wheel. In that line, change the 8th parameter to 180 and save.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Let's please keep things civil. If you have an actual issue with the sim, there's nothing anyone here can do about it other than tweak ideas. The official forums are staffed by people with a direct line to Asobo - that's where you need to post. You can also submit a ticket to Zendesk.

As for castering wheels, if you set the steering angle to 180, you'll have what you want. It's an easy edit in the Flight_Model.cfg file using Notepad. In the list of point.x lines, the ones with a "1" for the first parameter are the wheels. The one of those with a "0" for the third parameter is the nose or tail wheel. In that line, change the 8th parameter to 180 and save.
    I had a well written, well thought reply but then I remembered it's the internet.

I am sorry my salty slightly humourous take on the current... kerfuffle was uncivil.

SU5+hotfix, no more CTD, great job for me!

I must to say - thx for this Friday's hot fix! I had a lot CTD after SU5 directly. I didn't write about it for a few days to test a dozen flights but now I can say - no more CTD for me like before of SU5. Great job Asobo with this. I'll close reported issue on Zendesk about it.

SOH-CM-2024

Also check your Windows 10 Updates in Settings

On Friday, Dec. 2nd, Windows 10 introduced a Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 21H1 (KB5004296) This update fixes issues between the compatibility of Windows 10 and XBox Gaming Services.

Regard,
    Cazzie

Members who have read this thread: 0