Sim Update 5 can be downloaded - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sim Update 5 can be downloaded

Just finished downloading the Sim Update, and there was a further 21+ GB's of updates to be found in the content manager, covering the aircraft from the Deluxe and Premium packages, and various updates to scenery and landing challenges from all of the World Updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Just finished downloading the Sim Update, and there was a further 21+ GB's of updates to be found in the content manager, covering the aircraft from the Deluxe and Premium packages, and various updates to scenery and landing challenges from all of the World Updates.
    For me in total it was: 620Mb+41Gb+7Gb+9Gb, so 4 parts
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I had a chance to look at the new World Map window, and it is really cool to see it all in satellite imagery now, and with towns labeled. I also immediately spotted all of the seaplane bases/airports now added (it warns you too, if you select a seaplane base and you have a land-based/non-float plane selected).

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Crap. I downloaded about 3/4 of the update, and the server crashed. I noticed initially that the update being downloaded was just over 38gb, but now, since I am attempting again, the amount says only 15.30gb. Does that mean I am only downloading what was left of the original 38gb?? NC
    Exact same thing happened to me, even the same GBs. Downloading faster now so hope to have it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    I won't be downloading the PC update for a day or two. I've installed the Base sim on my Xbox Series X in about 1hr 40mins, just installed Deluxe and Premium in about 45mins, and I'm currently installing all the World Updates (30+Gb) which might take all night!
    You get full marks for sheer bravery coming out here to the Outhouse and admitting you're controlling with an X-Box Controller.

Go straight to the top of the line-up.

How is it?
    Tell all.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

What I want to know is why does the download screen need to thrash the GPU so hard ? My 2080 Ti's fans are running flat out just downloading the update.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Here we are Chief;

Read second paragraph; WORKAROUND FOR THE OVEREXPOSED SKY AND CLOUDS:

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/07/27/best-graphics-settings-guide/

Hope that eases your eyes.

A pleasure to help, Sir.
    Thank, Jim, I definitely appreciate the tip! NC

Wow, performance is very nice now! Maybe not like in DX12 P3Dv5 but its a big step forward. Great job for me (for VR)!

I very like new kind of map in editor:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2023
    Problem. Can't fly anywhere after downloading the 40 GB.

There was a screen indicating another 22.9 GB to download while the 40 GB was loading or to download in the marketplace I did not take the first option. I could not find what to do in the market place to d/l the 22.9 GB which must be necessary to fly.

I get the menus to appear to select an option, can select planes and locations to fly from but when I press fly a water scene screen appears and shows locked. No cursor shows at this point.

Sure could use some help.

I'm halfway there; - after 3 1/2 hours - at 49% - and most of that is Tutorials - which I don't do.

This better be bloody worth it.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Thank, Jim, I definitely appreciate the tip! NC
    Thank you Chief,

Happy to help and an honour to do so Sir.

Jim
    Jim

Downloaded, updated, commuity folder files installed. But I have encountered an unsolvable problem. I don't know if any of you have seen this yet. As soon as I go to Cockpit camera view, the view starts to float away from center. It is not fixed. Acting like head tracking IR, but without the head tracking. None of the camera settings seem to fix it other than reset position, then it starts floating again. Guess I will also check the MS site on this one. -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

ISSUE'S with this update...

Is anyone else having issue's with this update? Yesterday everything was fine, today after the update nothing works...
    "Remember, all you have to do is ask."

My biggest pet peeve about MSFS is all the extras that have nothing to do with my installation (787 liveries when I don't even have the premium package) that slow everything down.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Weird I still have not got the update here in Texas. I can start the sim and no update lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Weird I still have not got the update here in Texas. I can start the sim and no update lol.
    Open the Microsoft Store and click the top-right menu, then select Downloads and Updates. Click the Get Updates button even if you don't see MSFS in the list - it should pop in after a few seconds. Once the core is updated to the new version, the rest will be waiting when you restart the sim.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I'm currently going through the usual download package looping BS, I've had to restart the Sim half a dozen times so far and I really need to go to bed and I still have about 20 gig to go.
    I'm restarting it again and going to bed and hope it doesn't get stuck again overnight.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Downloaded, updated, commuity folder files installed. But I have encountered an unsolvable problem. I don't know if any of you have seen this yet. As soon as I go to Cockpit camera view, the view starts to float away from center. It is not fixed. Acting like head tracking IR, but without the head tracking. None of the camera settings seem to fix it other than reset position, then it starts floating again. Guess I will also check the MS site on this one. -d
    Reading through AVSIM, other folks are having this problem. No solution yet.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Open the Microsoft Store and click the top-right menu, then select Downloads and Updates. Click the Get Updates button even if you don't see MSFS in the list - it should pop in after a few seconds. Once the core is updated to the new version, the rest will be waiting when you restart the sim.
    That did it. Im flying off the hammer DL now. Guess T-Mobile/iPhone hotspot loves MSFS2020 lol 500mb/s. That's the best speed I ever got up here on the UT/UHS Helipad Office.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Don't forget the Content Manager once you're in - I'm currently downloading another 21.46 GB!!!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Everything i touch with the mouse in the cockpit turns BLUE and I can't change/ dial or alter it. It's like tool tips but it won't let you do anything - just a '?' with a Press to change - but when you do it doesn't.

I have hundreds of hours real world flying - but this has defeated me.

wtf.

p.s; frame rates are off the clock - which is nice.
    Jim

Real bumpy install for me as well. Four hours into it and still 10GB to go, not counting content manager. So far, 2 CTDs, 3 loops, a very long pause trying to get a license, and a complete freeze when checked for updates during one of the restarts. Download speeds all across the range for my setup.

I'm not too surprised though considering all the server traffic. I don't know why they dont break out some the content into optional installations. The tutorials or discovery flights for example, great few newbies but not essential for the core sim.

- dcc
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    Real bumpy install for me as well. Four hours into it and still 10GB to go, not counting content manager. So far, 2 CTDs, 3 loops, a very long pause trying to get a license, and a complete freeze when checked for updates during one of the restarts. Download speeds all across the range for my setup.

I'm not too surprised though considering all the server traffic. I don't know why they dont break out some the content into optional installations. The tutorials or discovery flights for example, great few newbies but not essential for the core sim.

- dcc
    Absolutely - the first 20 Gigs - Tutorials - I don't want/ not interested/ will never go there - waste of Planet Earth's resources -
    The last 15 Gigs are the Big Files so they kind of flatten out and will go by quickly. It seems the delays "Please Wait. .. ..." are when MSFS is searching for an "In" to the next file it wants to download - when you get the big files - your speed increases and the whole deal speeds up.

So, in summary - if you get past half way - you'll be okay.

Heads up if you're flying fast jets - the Update destroys your Controller settings (It doesn't look like it does - but it does) - so, Brothers of the Outhouse - careful on those ailerons - until you've backed off the sensitivities - back to where they need to be for very fast Post-Mach supersonic stuff.
    Jim

Since I run on ultra all the time, it looks to me like the level of detail is less and a lot of the buildings now look like they are right out of FSX. Very strange. Also, what's with the small white dot in the camera view? I have a bad feeling about this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Everything i touch with the mouse in the cockpit turns BLUE and I can't change/ dial or alter it.
    They introduced a new interaction method called "Lock." Go into Settings - General - Accessibility and you'll find the setting there. Change that back to "Legacy."
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0