Sim Update 5 can be downloaded - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sim Update 5 can be downloaded

A quick an dirty workaround for me: All things in the community folder did not work anymore! Next to the community folder there lies the folder "Official", inside this one the folder "Steam" and inside this folder you find the default content and some content purchased via the online shop. The content inside this folder (since I own the steam version, others may have varying folder name) simply works.

After I put non working content (aircraft) from my community folder into the official/steam folder it also worked propperly!

Maybe I´ll try putting the community folder inside the official folder or - for the time being - put my additional content into the "default" steam folder. Not a great solution indeed, but the update seems to have caused some trouble with the community folder content or its location.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Not just VR users, but TrackIR users also need a working virtual cockpit mode. So far, every port I have tried just immediately CTDs on load. Including ones that do not have any XML gauges.

I'm not worried about the payware stuff like the FlyingIron, those will be patched in due course. For the DIY port-overs, I only see two options, (1) start a riot and force MS/Asobo to give us our functionality back, or (2) figure out how to mod our planes.

August

I noticed that during a taxi, the all aircrafts turns strongly to the right
    Why is this phenomenon?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

No problems here with a smooth download and update. Not a fan of new water landing effects on the Cessna and missing them on the Ozx Goose. Heli H135 not good. On flightsim.to they say you must use legacy flight mode. Will keep checking if my payware works...
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    No problems here with a smooth download and update. Not a fan of new water landing effects on the Cessna and missing them on the Ozx Goose. Heli H135 not good. On flightsim.to they say you must use legacy flight mode. Will keep checking if my payware works...Regards
    Wake effects are lame. Also, they are specific to MS provided aircraft, not 3rd party. They also put some "Disneyland" type rocks on Bora Bora. Not very accurate at all, and all of the surrounding buildings look like first gen FSX. This is just awful for a 2021 gaming simulation. I could only hope for a patch, and soon.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Mouse Alive

Most strange in my system mouse pointer is "alive" and keeps jumping for upper left corner of the screen activating that top bar. And would you believe? this is happening even with my mouse off! Very annoying...wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Most strange in my system mouse pointer is "alive" and keeps jumping for upper left corner of the screen activating that top bar. And would you believe? this is happening even with my mouse off! Very annoying...wonder why...
    You need to set your main mouse profile to Default, then create a Custom profile for your own preferences if necessary.

This is something i haven't seen before
    snap01019 by Danny Best, on Flickr

Pink areas at airports occur with texture conflicts between different mods, perhaps that’s happening now with models too.

The full download of the update (marketplace and content manager included) is finally finished.

Testing will be for tomorrow I'm afraid. I think my graphics card will love me for letting it cool down!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I haven't checked the new water effects for seaplanes yet, but you guys made quite a few bad comments about them.
    I'm surprised, because on the pictures they don't look bad at all, and I'm quite glad they finally got rid of that ugly steam effect we had since FS9.
    I'll have to take a look by myself to see how it really is, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I haven't checked the new water effects for seaplanes yet, but you guys made quite a few bad comments about them.
    I'm surprised, because on the pictures they don't look bad at all, and I'm quite glad they finally got rid of that ugly steam effect we had since FS9.
    I'll have to take a look by myself to see how it really is, I guess...
    Its not a bad for me, you will see also 3D effects of wake behind floatplane what looks really nice! What is missing its a spray effect.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Couldn't resist, I just HAD to check the Flyingiron Spit and it works I'm happy to say!

I just found that I had to go over the options again. Graphics, controls, flight model and some other things had been altered. It will take me a while to put everything back, but I have an early day tomorrow.

But performance wise, I'm very happy! It is indeed a big improvement.

G'night all!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    What appeared in your content manager to update the 21 Gb? Did your content mgr update automatically or did you have to manually do something?
    The main update was, according to the new Installation Manager, the Standard Package files. The stuff in the content manager was updates to all five World Update packs plus my "Deluxe Package" files.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    You need to set your main mouse profile to Default, then create a Custom profile for your own preferences if necessary.
    Will try that as soon as possible...thanks a lot

Well... how to say it; it wasn't half as bad as some of you experienced it. I waited for the game to tell me to go for SU5 and, as "THE" day was over (UTC wise), I went to M$ store and downloaded that little "installer". It took around 2 hours for the "main course" to install an another hour for the rest (freebees included).

My first attempt to play (hemm... I mean fly) ended in a CTD before reaching the runway. The new map was not showing, so I think that, out of embarrassment, it simply crashed! But, so far, it was the only occurrence (knock on wood) and, apart from some new features that I had to get rid of (like that new "Christmas tree" light-show on the panel) and a few third party add-ons not working or half-working (like the mugz UIMOD showing but not going off/on) that will probably get some tweaking by their authors so that they do.

But, on the whole, I'm pretty much impressed, so far, by the new goodies; maps, G1000 NXI, nameplates with infos on the aircraft even if that model is not mine. If only the new XBox players (hemm... pilots) could learn the runway etiquette (rolling over my Skyhawk with their A320 for example), it would be close to perfect... on an Asobo relative POV.
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

For those who have said that their graphics card was being thrashed during the update, this is fixed by simply locking your frame rate, say at 30 fps. If it isn't locked, the sim, for some reason, will cause your frame rate to go off the charts during the update process, which will seriously heat up your graphics card. With my RTX 2800, I have it locked at 30 fps all the time as is, so I never experience that issue during the updating process.

Now I have lost mouseover ability in the cockpit. Only thing I get is a blue highlight on the touched item. I can't throw a switch. As for the wake effects, these are really poor. Very 1D IMO. Bit of a joke for such a high end simulation offering.For me, the sim is broken. All of the previous settings were lost. I don't have an xbox, and don't want this. And a final note, prior to this update, my sim was running like a fine watch. Never a CTD, good fps, great visual fidelity. Now it's unplayable. So I am done with this while MS sorts out the mis-match between Xbox and PC operation.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

The new blue and yellow mouse thing is controlled in the Accessibility section. The new interaction is called "Lock," but you can change that to "Legacy" to go back to what you're used to doing.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Its not a bad for me, you will see also 3D effects of wake behind floatplane what looks really nice! What is missing its a spray effect.
    I agree with YoYo on this. For the first time in MS sims we get a 3D effect of the water waves behind the floats. The wake "foam" textures are not the best but the ability to make effects is there now so we may expect talented creators to come up with nicer effects soon.

Looking forward to seeing wakes behind ships.

After a frustrating 1.5 hours trying to set up a simple flight this morning, I learned something else weird about the new update. On my system at least, it DOES NOT LIKE having my CH Products yoke being set up to control the main flight axes (elevator and aileron). This was the first time I had tried to fly a yoke-controlled plane (stock 172) since the new update. The yoke profile in Options/Controls showed everything working properly. but the sim hung up during the pre-flight loading screen with the progress bar at around 60%. When I switched to a yoke profile that disabled the aileron and elevator control (but many other functions on the yoke still active), now the sim would load the flight. Then, once in the flight, I could go into Options/Controls and restore the aileron and elevator control, and everything would work fine. But prior to loading a flight, the yoke must not be set to control the elevator and ailerons or the sim will hang up and have to be killed with Task Manager. You can see why it took an hour to figure this out! It looked at first like a mod conflict, so I wasted some time deactivating everything in the community folder before I figured out the real issue.

Everyone's controller setup is different, so I wouldn't be surprised if nobody else is having this problem, but I'd still be interested if anyone is. At least I found a workaround.

August

HOTFIX Coming; (read through the first bit as it's at the end of an announcement on the forum about un-pleasantness)

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...threats/429789

CTD and other issues to be addressed. Hopefully LOD and Live Weather.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    HOTFIX Coming; (read through the first bit as it's at the end of an announcement on the forum about un-pleasantness)

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...threats/429789

CTD and other issues to be addressed. Hopefully LOD and Live Weather.
    Brilliant news!!! (coming from someone who is again downloading, but this time the updates for his addons)

I'm pretty sure that my ISP now loves me to death!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Yep, I saw it too this info. Fingers crossed, I hope they will release it near the weekend or max in Sunday .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Mouse Alive 2

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Ok, out for weekend and installled update on my second machine. Guess what? Exactly same problem. Mouse pointer alive and jumping for upright corner by itself. It happens with mouse off and with my wife's. So something must be wrong within the program but unable to find where. Mouse control is set to "default" never changed a thing for that matter...
    This is most strange...
    Regards

Members who have read this thread: 0