Sim Update 5 can be downloaded - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sim Update 5 can be downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Open then your MS Store (before running MSFS) and check that you have update in MS Store too (find your MSFS in the MS store, push play or update button).
    Some files need to downloaded from MS Store also (before click update in MSFS), maybe you missed it?.
    Thanks again YoYo but no.
    As I mentioned in my opening post, the store updates went fine, just the sim was stuck while checking for updates for several hours.
    Anyway, it's history now, new install is running and it looks as if I'm on my way back into the friendly skies.
    Mathias

SOH-CM-2023

MSFS still trashed after update and reinstall

I downloaded MSFS 1.18.13.0 without obvious delays in an hour. The program started with the new screens and I used the content manager to update the sim with about 25 GB of files. I set up a flight with a plane and departure point but when I pressed FLY a scenic screen appeared that never proceeded to flying. Reviewing the content manager one file was not installed, the world update for Japan 1. In the field where "UP to date" usually appears was an ERROR 3 message. I deleted that file and attempted to reload the 1,004B blue field that appeared. When that field was pressed no activity shown to indicate it was loading.

I uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS 1.18.14.0 without updating the World updates. The Japan I update showed the ERROR 3 message. I was able to fly. I then loaded my purchased addons, then all the world updates except JAPAN I. I began a flight. The flight loading progress bar proceed quickly at first for about 80%, then slowed to a crawl. After it reached 100% on the progress bar nothing happened after 13 minutes and I aborted using the task manager.

It seemed when I was able to fly I was not able to reach 50 fps as before the update, only 40 fps max.

Very concerning was both update and reinstall showed the problem for the world update I:Japan displaying an ERROR 3 message. Does ANYONE else see this in the content manager???????? This may be important info for ASOBO to help in a solution to my problem.

Now I'll try reinstalling and load in addons and world updates one at a time to help isolate MSFS not being able to fly.

Jim

Curent status: The hotfix did it for me. At least the CTD and feezing upon loading disappeared completely. And my former addon content seems to work again.

Downside: All port-over aircraft do not work anymore (still CTD) and two payware aircraft (blackbox Islander and the ATS P149) are missing their pilots, which is quite an imersion killer for me. So I leave them out off the sim, untill an update is provided.

The menu screens seem to be a lot faster and the visuals seemingly improved. Everything runs smooth once loaded. So I´m back to normal with a few flaws for now. But I started with an empty community folder and tried out all my content one by one (in small portions indeed) to make sure they work. Finally this whole update took me some hours of "toil and trouble".

Regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Unfortunately, FPS got worse (stutters)
    I didn't change anything in the settings, though
    Before updating, there was no such problem
    Now I'm not happy

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Am i the only one that still thinks that this game looked at its best when it first came outoff the box ?
    Probably not, but that brilliant graphic appearance was extremely hard on all but the most capable gaming rigs. Reducing a little quality for the benefit of those of us that can't afford a five thousand dollar gaming computer is better in the long run, and still looks orders of magnitude better than anything else out there.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Am i the only one that still thinks that this game looked at its best when it first came outoff the box ?
    Not at all...still trying to figure out what happened to the game after updating it in my 2 machines. They partially trashed my Thrustmaster 16000M. Button 2 the one I use most (changing views) is now useless. And at MSFS support they say problem solved just because they instructed me to read some posts. Easy, no? Not happy at all...

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Probably not, but that brilliant graphic appearance was extremely hard on all but the most capable gaming rigs. Reducing a little quality for the benefit of those of us that can't afford a five thousand dollar gaming computer is better in the long run, and still looks orders of magnitude better than anything else out there.
    True enough , but there settings to reduce quality in-game so it still seems weird to me .
    The way things shine right now , seems a bit too much aswell.
    I was flying a bare metal dc-6 today and the damn thing hurted my eyes .
    I had to wear shades .

Blog Entries
    True enough , but there settings to reduce quality in-game so it still seems weird to me .
    The way things shine right now , seems a bit too much aswell.
    I was flying a bare metal dc-6 today and the damn thing hurted my eyes .
    I had to wear shades .
    To me it is too much saturation.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Not the only one. The water IMO looked it's best at lauch. But there are many who think it looks more natural now. Some of the Bing maps have been updated. Landscape does not look as crisp in some cases now as it was in the beginning. You really have to look hard for it. Water masks are much improved. Clouds look about the same, but the overall brightness or bloom is overpowering in the latest update. That's assuming of course you have enough time to look around before the CTD hits you.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Mouse Alive and Logitech 16000M Round 5

Got an e-mail from MSFS

"Hi Beaufighter,
    Thanks again for bringing this matter to our attention. We're sorry to hear the issue wasn't resolved after following our guidelines.
    This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker thanks to the information you provided.
    Our QA team will review the information and try to reproduce the issue. Bugs and issues that have been successfully reproduced will be categorized and prioritized—game-breaking bugs will receive the highest priority, while middle-of-the-road and cosmetic bugs are prioritized based on reproduction and the number of times reported.
    We'll come back to you if we need more information or if we have troubleshooting steps to recommend.
    Kind regards,
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team"

This is what I call customer consideration and care. Believe they will sort this out and get my joystick full functions back.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    That's assuming of course you have enough time to look around before the CTD hits you.
    I've only had one CTD since SU5, and that was the very first flight. It crashed about 5 seconds after I hit "Ready to fly" because I hadn't turned off AI traffic. I remembered the release notes saying that, so I restarted and turned it off. I turned it back on only after 1.18.14.0 was on my rig, and haven't looked back since. I spent the last few days testing and reinstalling things in my Community folder one or two at a time to make sure they were compatible. Luckily, the no-pod Caravan and DA62X have been updated to SU5, so I'm back in business with those two. I still haven't tested the TBM, but the only mod I run there is the G3000 from WT - I like the stock performance as it is.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

So..... did everyone get the Hot Fix? I have yet to see any pop up for the mandatory update whenever I launch the sim.

I have, but I'm on Steam. If you're on the store, you might want to go there to get it!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Angry Download won't start

Has anyone had trouble with the download taking forever to start from the Store? After I read about the Update 5 while at work, on the 27th. When I finally got around to checking/attempting the update on the 30th, I attempted to start the update from the Microsoft Store as always done before. Mine would not start, in fact, it kept redirecting to the page for Gaming Services. When I tried to start the game from my menu, it sent me to the same "Gaming Services" page. On that page, there was a blue button labeled "install" but it never would.
    After restarting the computer, and rechecking for Windows updates, finding none, then checking in the store, and getting the same as before, I uninstalled MSFS from the Windows Apps page. I had previously renamed my Community folder, and now cannot find it!! I had made a shortcut to it before uninstalling the app. Now the shortcut is no good. This morning, when I turned on my rig, I got a message on the XBox App for PC, Which I never use, but it loads on startup, mentioning my original problem. However, it covers Windows 10 servicing stack ver 1904*.1022, while I have ver 20H2 build 19042.1151. The notice says mine should be ok. Nope. Same problems as covered in the earlier versions. Mine will not update to 21H1 yet.

Anyway, After downloading and installing the listed "fix" my Premium version of MSFS reappeared in the store, along with my Digital License App. I hit Download 4 hours ago, and all I get is the progress line, greyed, with "pending" above it, and the "waiting rotating blue circle.

Any suggestions?
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I must admit, I have been nothing but impressed with the sim and subsequent updates since launch, however this one I have found to be a regression.

I am lucky to have a fairly beefy machine so can move the "sliders to right" on a lot of settings, however I think the overall environment for me looks different. I am currently flying from Sedona in Arizona which is one of Asobo / MS's flagship location and airport they use for the basic 152 flight lessons and gone are the beautiful red rock mountains with high detail definition and it looks like green rolling hills.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this particular area take a quality dive too?

Cheers,

Fras

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    So..... did everyone get the Hot Fix? I have yet to see any pop up for the mandatory update whenever I launch the sim.
    Have you tried to update through the MS Store yet? What has always worked for me is to open the Store and click the top-right menu icon, then select Download And Updates. From that page, even if MSFS isn't on the list, if I click the Get Updates button, it will pop in and download the initial update. It may take as much as 15 seconds, but it happens.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Have you tried to update through the MS Store yet? What has always worked for me is to open the Store and click the top-right menu icon, then select Download And Updates. From that page, even if MSFS isn't on the list, if I click the Get Updates button, it will pop in and download the initial update. It may take as much as 15 seconds, but it happens.

Yes. It shows I am updated, but I have not seen any notification for a hot fix upon launch. Very frustrated that I had everything running perfect prior to the latest release. Just a complete waist of valuable time trying to fix things, reload numerous 3rd party aircraft, CTDs for zero benefit. I had great FPS with the 2080S.

Once your Store shows 1.18.14.0, the update is a blink-and-miss-it quick download. I honestly don't remember it asking me to click to download. In the sim, check your version # by either clicking on your gamer tag in the main menu or going to windowed mode with Alt+Enter. If your Store and sim versions don't agree, then you have an issue that needs to at least be brought up at the official forum, or through Zendesk.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs

Well, Store High In Transit ...... just about everything is busted.....

Everything reported over at the PMDG forum about the DC-6 not working .... I got the same !

I can not reassign many of my levers and knobs to my Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units ! MSFS only sees a few of them

It tells me that my AFC_Bridge in not installed; it is !

I have that info "V" shaped bar at the top of my screen all the time; it never goes away !

Lordy this (SU 5) is worse than when DCS wiped out all of the buildings in their Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR).

I'll just have to wait,

Don

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    I have that info "V" shaped bar at the top of my screen all the time; it never goes away !
    Get this - I never fly without it anymore, and it's compatible with 1.18.14.0!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...e-mouse/266566
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Everything reported over at the PMDG forum about the DC-6 not working .... I got the same !
    Did you get the PMDG update for the DC-6 and SU5?
    I fly the DC-6 every day and it's fine, though I don't have a honeycomb yoke, just Saitek...

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Thanks for that link, if ASOBO does not fix it I'll d/l that file.

@keithb77, yes the Operations Center v. 2.0.1.2150 notified me of the update.

I even have the same problem that was reported by other customers that the PMDG update did not fix the spinning volume knob on the GNS 430. The GNS 430 has a black screen on it every time I load the DC-6. Left clicking does nothing. I've found that if I right click & hold on the face of the GNS 430 I get the image that the GNS 430 is on and if I let go of the right click the screen goes back to black! The autopilot/gyro system will not work.

I think I'm gonna have to take a knee on this one coach!

I use the 430 and autopilot every flight, the only slight issue is that I can't get the Direct-To tuned in VR as the smaller knob won't select, have to go back to pancake vision just for that, everything else is fine.
    I start the flight in running mode and then get the AFE to do the pre-takeoff checks, more likely to have problems doing a cold-and-dark?

Members who have read this thread: 0