Sim Update 5 can be downloaded - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sim Update 5 can be downloaded

Well, we'll see chaps.

It might just be a HOTFIX to hide the White Dot (in the middle of the screen) that's been plaguing X-Box Users.
    Who knows what's going on in the heads of state of MS and ASOBO.

Wouldn't like to be in on the Ready Room meetings right now - that's for sure.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Wanted to show some things in MSFS to a friend this evening and my happiness regarding the update faded slightly. I still hope it's a more or less simple issue of USB inputs on my end but while FS was running sound was completely cut from my Headset base station and while flying the control inputs were sometimes ok, sometimes delayed and sometimes nonresponsive. In the menu and the Windows Gamecontroller menu everything looked fine, but that's always an issue when looking for sporadic errors.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well my just sits here

The info still scrolls through but it does not move on to the flight, using a standard plane.

This looks like a community folder issue and mod conflict. Did you try emptying the community folder and restart?

Yep, just done that and it now works.

Have test one by one.

Mouse Alive 3 and Logitech 16000M

About my previous posts... this is all related with my Logitech 16000M. With this update I got on lower left corner a tag with "Joystick Button 2"/ several functions.
    Noticed that immediatly after launching the game when I press button 2, mouse pointer jumps to upper left and dev tools bar opens. Very annoying. Same during flights. Cockpit to exterior views and dev-tols bar. No coming back when used again. To close dev-tools must go down with mouse plane view remains the same.
    Tried to find out if anything wrong with controller, no joy.
    Will wait for incoming hotfix, see what happens. Anyone with same problem or just me?
    Regards

This posted on the official forums just a moment ago. Says it all.

Time to put the chairs back up on the tables, turn the lights out as we leave and wait. . .

RIP MSFS2020; 27-7-2021

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

On Avsim I've seen many comments about the clouds that, according to them, now look absolutely horrible, almost to the point that they look worse than the level "Medium" back before the update.
    Of course, nobody has been able to post a screenshot showing the problem so far. One member posted a screenshot, but I suppose he was trolling because the clouds look amazing on his picture.
    What's your view on that ?

From my side, the clouds look even better than before, mostly because Asobo finally got rid of that terrible darkish grey that was plagging the clouds, making them look more like volcano ash than real cumulus.
    However I haven't made many flights yet and I haven't seen any "serious" coverage in the sky since the update...

Do you guys also think the new clouds look bad ? If so, any chances you post a comparative screenshot to show how ugly it is ?

Before going to bed: no the clouds look absolutely brilliant.

Can you link to that forum post so that I/we could have a look at it please?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Here's a link to the main discussion, but I've seen other comments in other threads.
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...-sim-update-5/

I take it all back.

I've just done a night flight from London down to my lonely old farm strip on the South Coast. The Night lighting and clouds absolutely blew me away.
    Better than anything I have ever seen before in any virtual environment.

Sorry i didn't get a screenie - I was too in the moment.

Absolutely bloody incredible - what they've done.
    Jim

Am i the only one that still thinks that this game looked at its best when it first came outoff the box ?

So I thought it's a good idea to wait a few days before downloading SU5.
    Got the store update fine yesterday but got stuck at the "checking for updates" screen after launching MSFS. Several restarts didn't cure the problem.
    Today I checked the store again and downloaded another 399 MB, most likely the hotfix.
    Yet again, got stuck at the update screen when launching MSFS.
    My community folder is empty, so that isn't the cause.
    I hate to appear thin skinned but those guys really need to get their act together.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    So I thought it's a good idea to wait a few days before downloading SU5.
    Got the store update fine yesterday but got stuck at the "checking for updates" screen after launching MSFS. Several restarts didn't cure the problem.
    Today I checked the store again and downloaded another 399 MB, most likely the hotfix.
    Yet again, got stuck at the update screen when launching MSFS.
    My community folder is empty, so that isn't the cause.
    I hate to appear thin skinned but those guys really need to get their act together.
    SU5 only not enough but after the yesterday's hotfix the sim will start working properly again (but so far I have only 1 longer flight behind me). What I noticed is that it is important to clear the Rolling cache (the option in Data TAB), after that the sim starts loading much faster.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    SU5 only not enough but after the yesterday's hotfix the sim will start working properly again (but so far I have only 1 longer flight behind me). What I noticed is that it is important to clear the Rolling cache (the option in Data TAB), after that the sim starts loading much faster.
    Doesn't help me right now as the game (sim, LOL) won't launch. As I said, it's stuck at the "checking for updates" screen.
    Don't know if it's save to delete the ROLLINGCACHE.CCC?
    It's 8GB
    Mathias

Indeed it does! Thanks for the pointer YoYo!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Doesn't help me right now as the game (sim, LOL) won't launch.
    Don't know if it's save to delete the ROLLINGCACHE.CCC?
    It's 8GB
    So you stuck on loading screen?

Yes, so to speak.
    And I only was able to download the store portions of the update. Still hoping for the major chunck to begin downloading, LOL.
    Mathias

Yes, so to speak.
    And I only was able to download the store portions of the update. Still hoping for the major chunck to begin downloading, LOL.
    So you must to wait I think.... the first run after the update take much longer loading screen (and checking the update). For me it was I think 5-10 minutes or more (the first start after SU5 update) on SSD disc but finally it moved ahead. Now its ok, maybe not so fast like other sims but this is an acceptable level. Check if any firewall is blocking your connection also.

Thanks YoYo but no, I'm dabbling with it like 5 hours now in total. No firewall issues either.
    Seems I'm not the only one btw from reading the official MSFS board.
    Mathias

Thanks YoYo but no, I'm dabbling with it like 5 hours now in total. No firewall issues either.
    Seems I'm not the only one btw from reading the official MSFS board.
    Steam or MS Store?

Store version.
    Anyway, I'm reinstalling now.
    Mathias

Store version.
    Anyway, I'm reinstalling now.
    Open then your MS Store (before running MSFS) and check that you have update in MS Store too (find your MSFS in the MS store, push play or update button).
    Some files need to downloaded from MS Store also (before click update in MSFS), maybe you missed it?.

Mouse Alive and Logitech 16000M Round 4

So I contacted MSFS support and got a standard answer, read this and that forum, etc, etc. Did just that and found nothing about the problem. The fact is that in a supported joystick Thrustmaster 16000M they turned useless one of main and most used buttons (2) with this update SU5. Previously it was fine. They offer no solution or look for one. This way think all users of this perfectly capable joystick will find this number 2 useless since it will shoot away your mouse pointer to upright corner, open "devs" bar and stay there, no action if pressed again. Bad, bad, bad option with that "default" for number two.
    Regards

Members who have read this thread: 0