RIP Dale Snodgrass

Thread: RIP Dale Snodgrass

RIP Dale Snodgrass

What terrible news to start out my EAA week with! https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...le-snort-snod/

A big shock to the Naval Aviation community. Helluva pilot and all-round great guy. Hand Salute and RIP, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    A big shock to the Naval Aviation community. Helluva pilot and all-round great guy. Hand Salute and RIP, Sir.
    Yeah, if Iran ever retired their F-14 fleet and sold them off and one could be brought back to the US while still complying with ITAR Dale was number one on my list of people who would've tried it!

Oh my! I did not know that "Snort" passed. What a legend! Rest easy, sir. You most definitely have earned your place in US Naval Aviation history. I salute you. Navy Chief

NC, I was surprised that Snort's death got hardly any coverage at the national level, considering how popular his demo routines were at air shows around the country. Probably because he was the only fatality... If he had crashed into an apartment complex and killed a dozen or so people on the ground you can bet the ghoulish news media would've picked up on it right away. Within my personal NavAir community the news spread like wildfire.

I am reminded of a short-lived website that he had, called "Top Gun Simulations". He had a online carrier ops competition, where the winner received a expensive Swiss-made aviators watch. I played around with the practice traps, but the guys who were in the final competition were, to put it mildly, serious about their perfection of cats and traps.

There were two missions the website provided; one day and one night mission for practice. I still have the Day version, if anyone would like to download it. I tried for years to find anyone who still had the Night version, but never located anyone who did. Anyway, here is the day version. The only thing is, it was obviously made for FSX. Not sure how to import to P3DV5. I don't fly FSX anymore. NC

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t2qrovwk4w9gafp/retopgunsimmissions.zip/file

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    NC, I was surprised that Snort's death got hardly any coverage at the national level, considering how popular his demo routines were at air shows around the country. Probably because he was the only fatality... If he had crashed into an apartment complex and killed a dozen or so people on the ground you can bet the ghoulish news media would've picked up on it right away. Within my personal NavAir community the news spread like wildfire.
    You're correct about that. But he received tribute from the people who cared the most, namely his family, friends, and most definitely the NAVAIR community. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0