Falklands stuff

Thread: Falklands stuff

Falklands stuff

Continuing on from my post in the screen forum, im on a bit of a Falklands kick at the moment, inspired by Rowland White's great book "Harrier 809" Ive made up the forward operating strip used by RAF,FAA harriers and Helicopter assets at San Carlos water, it only really works with Jim Keir's coast and mesh package. Named HMS Sheathbill, the strip was 850ft long, im struggling with the UKmill Harrier, i can just about take off, and ive made one good landing ( one i could walk away from without medical treatment ) Im tempted to stretch it to 1000ft but i'll keep it at its true length for the time being and see how you guys get on
    You'll need the basic MAIW FS9 object libs

some good pics here-
    https://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/san-carlos-fob/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Continuing on from my post in the screen forum, im on a bit of a Falklands kick at the moment, inspired by Rowland White's great book "Harrier 809" Ive made up the forward operating strip used by RAF,FAA harriers and Helicopter assets at San Carlos water, it only really works with Jim Keir's coast and mesh package. Named HMS Sheathbill, the strip was 850ft long, im struggling with the UKmill Harrier, i can just about take off, and ive made one good landing ( one i could walk away from without medical treatment ) Im tempted to stretch it to 1000ft but i'll keep it at its true length for the time being and see how you guys get on
    You'll need the basic MAIW FS9 object libs

some good pics here-
    https://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/san-carlos-fob/

Thanks Ian, think you've been a bit generous with the planking, in a few places it was only as wide as the Harrier outrigger track, if I can rescue the pictures from my old HD I have one showing a Sea Harrier off the track, and another showing how much the track ' deformed as the Harriers taxied over it, it wasn't secured very well due to the ground there

Ttfn

Pete

I think your right Pete, but the UKmil Harriers a bit tricky to taxi, so i gave a bit of width to stop ending up in the bog, its shape seems to be constantly changing, there's quite a few pics online, most of them different, like to see what you could dig up. But can you land on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    I think your right Pete, but the UKmil Harriers a bit tricky to taxi, so i gave a bit of width to stop ending up in the bog, its shape seems to be constantly changing, there's quite a few pics online, most of them different, like to see what you could dig up. But can you land on it ?
    Yep, basically it took a few days of use, then would have to be relaid again

Ttfn

Pete

Luverly stuff there, Ian...

I think there's some Falkland Sound/San Carlos Water water traffic/AI, somewhere?

Cheers

Shessi

There's a Falklands package underdevelopment by Henrik Nielsen for FSX and above but ive never seen anything for 9

Members who have read this thread: 0