DH9A Ninak
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DH9A Ninak

Ninak

Hey all, I'm getting close to finishing the D.H 9A "Ninak".

This will probably be it for a while. I was planning on taking the next couple months or so and go RV traveling. However, I was just diagnosed with Covid-19 today. I've been vaccinated but evidently the D strain will still infect you. It's no fun. I guess I'm playing it by ear for a while. At least I should be able to finish this one as I am very close to done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH9A.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	83671
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Covid-19. Yikes. I hope things pass quickly and you have no problems.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hello Kurt

Thanks for the Ninak, a great add.
    Sorry to hear about your problem, I cross fingers.

Cheers
    Martin

Thank you!

From what is publicly known, being vaccinated prevents you from suffering from symptoms, but you can still be infected and spread the virus. So if that's correct, you should be safe yourself, but have to stay at home to avoid spreading the virus to other (unvaccinated) people.
    I wish you good luck and a fair amount of patience!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Hey all, I'm getting close to finishing the D.H 9A "Ninak".

This will probably be it for a while. I was planning on taking the next couple months or so and go RV traveling. However, I was just diagnosed with Covid-19 today. I've been vaccinated but evidently the D strain will still infect you. It's no fun. I guess I'm playing it by ear for a while. At least I should be able to finish this one as I am very close to done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH9A.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	83671
    Captain Kurt

No Cruise for you.This is the reason I don't want my oldest daughter going to college this year.She just turned 18 yesterday and is not sure if she should just wait for another year.

Hiede

Thinking of you Kurt and hoping that your vaccination does the job for the long haul. Which vaccine were you given?

Lovely looking 9A. While I'm looking forward to her I hope you will keep us posted on your Covid condition.

Hey Kurt. Hang in there! Ms and I both got it in November, berfore shots. Us old coots made it through. You probably will feel like you have run a 20 mile marathon.

Hi All

Thanks for the concern. As it turns out, the symptoms are on a par with the flu, no worse. I'm already getting better so I'm not worried. I just have to self quaranteen for 10 days .

Hiede, I understand a parent's concern. Our children are precious. My son in Michigan got Covid before vaccinations were available and recovered with no problems. IF your daughter has gotten her vaccination then there seems to be very little risk. From what the Dr. told me I am a rare case to catch it after the vaccination, and even so it kept me from having any serious effects. Up to you of course.

also on a positve note, I've finished up the Ninak and will be posting it shortly.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

DH9A Ninak

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: The AMC DH.9A (Aircraft Manufacturing Company de Havilland type 9a) It was nicknamed Ninak (9=Nin A=ak)

It was developed out the urgent necessity for a replacement for the underperforming DH.9. The DH.9 itself was intended to be an improved replacement for the Eagle powered DH.4. Although having the pilot positioned further aft to the gunner improving inflight communications, the DH.9 was in every other way a great step backward, underpowered with the unreliable 230 hp Puma engine.

With the availability of the American 400 hp V12 Liberty engine, the DH.9A design was undertaken by AMC and the Westland Aircraft Works with the DH.9 as a starting point. With larger wings, new nose, and other design improvements, it began flight testing in February 1918. Manufacturing was undertaken by AMC, Westland Aircraft Works, Whitehead, Mann Eggerton & Co, and The Vulcan Motor & Engineering Co. Numerous small post war production orders and rebuilds were also let to the de Havilland Aircraft Co, Handley Page Ltd., HG Hawker Engineering Co Ltd., and Short Bros among others. At least 2700 unauthorized copies were built as the Polikarpov R-1 by the new Soviet Union. Several unserviceable DH.9A's were left behind when the British mission supporting the "white Russians" in their losing fight against the Bolshevik revolutionaries was withdrawn, and became the patterns for the Polikarpov R-1 copies.

The first operational DH9A Squadron, No. 110, arrived in France on August 31, 1918. By the end of the war, Squadrons No. 18, No. 205 and No. 99 (flying a mixture of DH9s and DH9As) were equipped with the Ninak. Throughout the 1920's, it equipped U.K Squadrons and units involved in policing Britain's Middle East empire. By 1930 it had largely been replaced by newer types.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The original Airco D.H.4 model and air files are by Gary Aumaugher.

With Gary's kind permission it is the base for the further development by Captain Kurt. The nose, wings, fuselage, tail, landing gear, machine guns, cockpit, propeller, equipment and rigging were all different from the DH 4 version but the original Airco DH 4 was a useful basis to develop from just as it was in reality. Textures are by Captain Kurt. The aircraft.cfg, .dp, and .air files modified for the new aircraft, plus a new 2d panel are also by Captain Kurt.

The crew figures were developed from Wolfi's free source Japanese pilot figure. Spinning prop texture is by Kelticheart.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit DH9A Ninak
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Hi All

Thanks for the concern. As it turns out, the symptoms are on a par with the flu, no worse. I'm already getting better so I'm not worried. I just have to self quaranteen for 10 days .

Hiede, I understand a parent's concern. Our children are precious. My son in Michigan got Covid before vaccinations were available and recovered with no problems. IF your daughter has gotten her vaccination then there seems to be very little risk. From what the Dr. told me I am a rare case to catch it after the vaccination, and even so it kept me from having any serious effects. Up to you of course.

also on a positve note, I've finished up the Ninak and will be posting it shortly.
    Captain Kurt,

Great to hear you are feeling better.My 1 sister had covid and it was touch and go for a while,this was also before the vaccines,she got from the people from the cruise ships that had to port here.She works as a nurse.She's doing fine now.

This has my daughter worried still even though she is vaccinated.She has been excepted to 3 Universities 1 on the east coast,she will have family there as a support system,1 on the west coast and no one as a support system and 1 here in the Islands with us as a support system.

I told her I will support whatever she decides.

Only my son isn't vaccinated because he just turned 11.

Hiede

Great, thank you!

SOH-CM-2020

DH9A Ninak - thanks

Thanks Captain Kurt.

C_K,

As always your efforts are highly appreciated by me as well. I'm sorry to hear you have Covid, but happy to here you have only mild complaints.

As for getting Covid after being vaccinated: None of the available vaccines covers a full 100% For the Delta version the mRMA vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer are expected to protect 98% of the vaccinated people. For the vector type of vaccines this is less. For the AstraZeneca vaccine the expected percentage is 92% and for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine they expect even a lower percentage. A positive effect for the people who are infected after being vaccinated is that you become less ill. Hospitalisation is a very rare thing for this group.

The older you get the less good your immune system will work, but it is also harder to activate with a vaccine. So for us old farts the vaccines are simply less effective, but they do keep us out of serious trouble.

Get well and looking forward to fly the DH.9a

Huub

Thanks Captain, stay some spaces in my hangards, keep on your nice works

Cheers
    Martin

Lovely work Kurt. Many thanks! When I saw your first mention of the 9A I did wonder whether you were using any of Gary's source files. You have almost completed the list of RNAS /RAF / Independent Air Force bombers. Robert John's Bessonneau hangars are getting crowded. All the best for a speedy and full recovery.

Library Staff
    Another great job Kurt - thanks very much and recover soon!
    Cheers,
    Kevin

Thanks Kurt , looks great , Will keep you in my prayers , for a speedy recovery ,

Hi Captain
    Thanks for this great looking machine.
    All the best for your recovery.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Hello Kurt

I hope you are not too much affected by this nasty covid19, thanks again for the Ninak for CFS2, beautifull plane with elegant lines.

I had a problem with the bomb sight vue that crashes my sim (so did the DH4 Aerocrate bomb vue). Perhaps my system is a bit weak.

I fixed it as it:
    -editing the panel.cfg

- in the [VIEWS] section
    VIEW_UP_WINDOWS=GPS_PANEL (space of 0)

- in the [Fixed Window38] section
    file=Bombsight_640.bmp
    file_1024=Bombsight_1024.bmp
    size_mm=1024

space of

file=Bombsight .bmp
    size_mm=1024,768

and finally renamed
    bombsight .bmp to bombsight_1024.bmp, and created a bombsight.640.bmp

here is the fixed panel folder:
    panel.zip

Cheers
    Martin

Library Staff
    Yes Martin, I had the same problem with the D.H.4 and fixed it by making an 800X600 bombsight bitmap. Gary made the aircraft before Windows 7 which doesn't like more than one 1024X768 panel bitmap.

Thanks for posting the fix.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Captain Kurt: I was happy to read you are recovering. I'm also vaccinated and have hip replacement surgery coming up in 10 days and I definitely do not want to get exposed to that Delta variant.

The plane looks great! Thank you for all your excellent work.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hang in there Kurt....

Kick that thing in the front of it's pants!

Cheers mav

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

I am sorry you ended up with Covid, but I'm glad you were protected to a large extent. With two family members with compromised immune systems, including myself, I worry about that too. I went through actually having Covid before I was vaccinated. I am glad you are recovering well. Many thanks for your work on this model, I look forward to flying again after my move!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks Kevin to put the finger on the exact culprit, I didn't know this win7 bug.

Cheers
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    C_K,

As always your efforts are highly appreciated by me as well. I'm sorry to hear you have Covid, but happy to here you have only mild complaints.

As for getting Covid after being vaccinated: None of the available vaccines covers a full 100% For the Delta version the mRMA vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer are expected to protect 98% of the vaccinated people. For the vector type of vaccines this is less. For the AstraZeneca vaccine the expected percentage is 92% and for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine they expect even a lower percentage. A positive effect for the people who are infected after being vaccinated is that you become less ill. Hospitalisation is a very rare thing for this group.

The older you get the less good your immune system will work, but it is also harder to activate with a vaccine. So for us old farts the vaccines are simply less effective, but they do keep us out of serious trouble.

Get well and looking forward to fly the DH.9a

Huub
    Hi huub, this old fart has had the covid.
    While it is generally flu like symptoms, it was the worst flu I've ever experienced, fever, headache , my legs didn't work, lost sense of taste and smell too.. but its the after effects that got me worst of all.. blood clots in lungs and brain, brain damage, lung damage, heart damage and what the medics are calling super sticky blood. I only went back to work in May after contracting it in December, and still having regular hospital tests for monitoring.. but hey ho I'm still here

Going to have to try this dh9 in fs2004..

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 1