A nice on line experience

Thread: A nice on line experience

A nice on line experience

Last evening we flew on line with a bunch of friends over Scotland. We were flying openly, not in a closed group.

I was flying the default Cirrus. On approach to Inverness I was approached by an unknown simmer flying a Spitfire. He was not from our group and I had labels off so I could not identify him. He stayed in formation with me after the touch and go flying on both sides for a few minutes. After that he peeled off and left.

A nice sim experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. Very sporty!

Hey Dimus, that's really cool. I have not done much multiplayer in MSFS, but during Alpha testing I did join a few group flights and flyins, and they were good fun. Even just playing the sim day to day I always have multiplayer turned on, so if someone is flying in the same area I will see them, and I often do. I was at YBBN and WSSS the other night and it was very busy with real people at both airports. On one occasion I was testing an airport in an A320, just loading at gates and testing the functions, and I started getting buzzed by a Cessna, he kept swooping down and just flying over the top of me really close. It turned out it was another tester I know just having a bit of fun.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

That is cool, but how did his Spitfire look like a Spitfire from your perspective? Do you have to have the same aircraft installed in your own game?

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    That is cool, but how did his Spitfire look like a Spitfire from your perspective? Do you have to have the same aircraft installed in your own game?

August
    Indeed I have the Spitfire too so I was able to see him as a Spitfire. If I did not have it then the sim would replace it with a default GA probably.

Members who have read this thread: 0