Exciting Reeve DC-4 Service That Can Get You Drolling

Thread: Exciting Reeve DC-4 Service That Can Get You Drolling

Cool Exciting Reeve DC-4 Service That Can Get You Drolling

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting exciting regular scheduled Reeve airline service from PADL Dillingham Airport located two nautical miles west of the central business district of Dillingham in Alaska to PANC Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport located 5 miles southwest of downtown Anchorage.

Very excited passengers boarding Reeve Airline DC-4 featuring well polished/buffed masterpiece livery work painted and polished exclusively by repainter named Hartmut Hekmann who is the official repainter for Virtual Aircraft Restoration Facebook group owned and operated by Hartmut Hekmann and Tobias Krause.

Time for preflight inspection!! Check out super shiny and well polished engines!!

Checking right wing to be sure there is no ice or snow build up CHECK OUT reflection of clouds on metallic shiny wing!

Checking left wing for same reason WHOA I can see cloud reflection on the wing!

Checking right engines

Because of regulations not permitting more than 6 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink below to view rest of exciting trip.

Here is the hyperlink: https://calclassic.proboards.com/thr...scrollTo=85097

Thank you for viewing!! Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

There is no doubt this is a stunning work.
    Can you tell us if it will be made available and possibly provide a link..?
    Thanks..

'Drolling?'.........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH-CM-2020
    Great pics Aharon

I'd love to get a copy of these textures, where did you get them, please?

Pete.

Thanks all for your kind words. The repainter of this livery will answer all of your questions on availability of this repaint. He is in European time zone and probably at work. I let him know about your questions

Wombat666, it is typo error I meant to spe
    ll drooling. Sorry about typo.

Regards,

Aharon

Textures for the DC-4 by Flight Replicas

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    There is no doubt this is a stunning work.
    Can you tell us if it will be made available and possibly provide a link..?
    Thanks..

Hello Seahawk72s!

Since this Repaint is pretty much brand new, it is not decided yet what we will do with it further. It was realized by the request of aharon, and we co-operted successfully once before, yet again with a DC-4-Project (C-54G) for a "Buffalo"-Repaint. If there is a decission made about the "Reeve"-DC-4, we will let you know, OK?

Best regards...

Coach Harry
    (Virtual Aircraft Restoration)
    https://www.facebook.com/VirtualAircraftRestoration

Textures for the DC-4 by Flight Replicas

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Great pics Aharon

I'd love to get a copy of these textures, where did you get them, please?

Pete.

Hello PeteHam!

As I replied above, no final decission has been made, on what to do with the Textures. By now, only 3 persons own these; Aharon, my partner Tobias and me, of course. I will discuss your requests with Tobias and will let you know about the results!

Best regards...

Coach Harry
    (Virtual Aircraft Restoration)

I did peruse their Facebook site and ran across a few folks who had asked if the liveries they were viewing were available. The general answer seemed to indicate that releasing the liveries would be discussed and at some point, "if" it was decided they would make it available they would let them know. They seem to be very protective of their work and I can only assume there is a good reason for that. . .no idea what that would be however.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Availlability of Textures

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I did peruse their Facebook site and ran across a few folks who had asked if the liveries they were viewing were available. The general answer seemed to indicate that releasing the liveries would be discussed and at some point, "if" it was decided they would make it available they would let them know. They seem to be very protective of their work and I can only assume there is a good reason for that. . .no idea what that would be however.
    Hello Falcon 409!

You wrote that we would be very protective and there might be a good reason for that. Well, you´re absolutely right. Sadly we had to make some very bad experiances with releasing some textures.
    As selling those Texture-Sets is strictly forbidden by the Original manufacturers, we´ve tried our luck by releasing some as Donationware. And some people were simlpy respectless by offering rediculess Donations. So we´re definitely thinking about a release from case to case. I hope you understand our behaviour.

Best regards...

Coach Harry

Hello fellow Sim-Aviators!

We thought about about a way to get our works released and we have found a solution:

We will open a Facebook-Group, you can join in, where we will show some Pics and provide the Download-Link to get your copy. We will also release a Pay-Pal-Link there for those who´d like to support our work.
    How do you like that idea?

Best regards...

Coach Harry

The Facebook-Group is established! Please request your membership here:

Also, leave your request for Download-Links for your favourite Texture-sets here!

Best regards...

Coach Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Harry71 View Post

Also, leave your request for Download-Links for your favourite Texture-sets here!

Best regards...

Coach Harry
    A download link for the Reeve airline here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Best regards...

Coach Harry
    Got nowhere with that link - Keeps asking if I want to join FB, which I don't. I don't see any FB group to click on.
    Oh well.......

Has anyone gotten a chance to try this metal beauty..?

Has anyone gotten a chance to try this metal beauty..?
    I wish I had a chance to download a copy. With Facebook mandate to register before downloading it, I doubt chances to try it.

For Those Who Don't...

I have a Facebook page because I share with my family across the country but I understand that others like my Pastor who don't like Facebook for personal reasons and don't want to join, why doesn't Harry71 give others on a PM here basis something like a Google or Mediafire link to download a requested texture? Just my 2p. That way they are still in control of their hard work which I very much understand.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have a Facebook page because I share with my family across the country but I understand that others like my Pastor who don't like Facebook for personal reasons and don't want to join, why doesn't Harry71 give others on a PM here basis something like a Google or Mediafire link to download a requested texture? Just my 2p. That way they are still in control of their hard work which I very much understand.
    I PM'd him about that and mentioned that I didn't like the "strings" attached mandate (join FB) and his reply was what "strings" was I talking about. Since then all I hear from him is
    crickets (no response). Oh well.......

Best regards...

Coach Harry
    So My wife has a FB account (I don't) if she logs on and uses that link ^ can she download the reeves repaint?

Okay, It looks like just having a FB account is enough to have a link to download.... one more hurdle to jump is to request a copy of the texture desired and then
    (whenever that is) a link will be provided. So we have two storm doors to go through to download a texture. This is almost like what I have to go thru to logon
    to my checking account online just to get my balance.

no information

I have FB and used this link to send message asking for a download.
    I've not received a reply and do not see a FB group for repaints.

If someone has had better luck a heads-up would be appreciated.

I have FB and used this link to send message asking for a download.
    I've not received a reply and do not see a FB group for repaints.

If someone has had better luck a heads-up would be appreciated.
    Sounds like you are having as much fun with this enigma as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    So My wife has a FB account (I don't) if she logs on and uses that link ^ can she download the reeves repaint?

Okay, It looks like just having a FB account is enough to have a link to download.... one more hurdle to jump is to request a copy of the texture desired and then
    (whenever that is) a link will be provided. So we have two storm doors to go through to download a texture. This is almost like what I have to go thru to logon
    to my checking account online just to get my balance.
    Edit: At last, I finally got it. Looks very nice.
    Last edited by gray eagle; July 29th, 2021 at 13:32.

Members who have read this thread: 0