Fenix Simulations - A320 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fenix Simulations - A320

Some chatter on the other Forum that it may be released this weekend.
    Will be interesting to compare its functionality to the PMDG 737-700.
    T43

Update - Looks like its coming out 2100Z today.
    Last edited by Twice43; May 19th, 2022 at 11:52.

She’s available to purchase now…

Kind of insane that all of the high-detail/survey level planes (C310R, 146, 737-700, Trislander, and now A320) have all shipped within a few weeks of each other. I'm still trying to master the Boeing 247 from last month!

Cool to have so many options, but a shame for the devs that the market's money is going in so many directions.

I'll be watching this one... I'm more than satisfied with the A32NX right now, but at the very reasonable $49.99 price, I'll consider this if I start hearing stories of people loving it and finding ways it's particularly cool.

Really smart pricing on their part. The Maddog is a real outlier now.

It's not 49$, it's 49£, which makes more or less 60$.
    Very very good modelling and texturing on that one, impressive! I just made a short flight and IMHO it's better than the PMDG 737.

It can’t be better than the PMDG 737 because the PMDG 737 is a 737 and the Fenix A320 is an A320. :-)

Bummer on the price. $60 pushes it out my “Well, if it’s *awesome*…” range. Same reason I didn’t get the 146.

Gotta be a plane I love IRL to spend over about $30-35 on it.

I'm more of a MD-80 and 737 guy, but couldn't resist. I like it. It is great that we are finally getting some study-level airplanes in MSFS. Loving it. Will REALLY love it when AH releases their DC-3, and FR releases their C-54/DC-4...life will be GOOD.

Kent

Its great aircraft, but...

Bought the Fenix A320 yesterday, and very impressed. But one slight problem I had... when I installed the Fenix software, it overwrote my exe.xml file, and didn't even create a backup. This was a pain, because I had to try and remember what other apps I had starting up automatically (not an easy thing when you're my age), things like Volanta, SimLink, FS2Crew Command Centre, FSUIPC7 etc etc. So I'd recommend backing up this file before installing.

Also still not sure how I can get it to work with the pushback utilities like the one from AmbitiousPilots. Fenix has their own pushback utility, but I'd rather standardise on a single pushback app for all aircraft.

Super nice model but it's software apparently disables a number of FS2020 functions as well as the Windows Screenshot function. The throttle setup does not recognize the base FS2020 F2 command as I have it programmed for my TM HOTAS Warthog Throttles (I have one of the thumb switches set up for both the F1 Cut and F2 Reverse functions). Also took note that my Autopilot Off Button setting on my Stick is likewise disabled. I whish these companies that put such high level of detail and programming into the options would allow the option of using the basic FS Command/Functions. Maybe they will make a change in a later update.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ap button works fine for me, assigned the 'z' key to the hotas. as for reverser, simply mapped the button on throttle to the 'reduce power' action (which is f2 by default). autothrottle also can be mapped to hotas.
    i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | P3D DCS MFS

Members who have read this thread: 0