Problems with Brian Clarke's post war airfield scenery

Thread: Problems with Brian Clarke's post war airfield scenery

Problems with Brian Clarke's post war airfield scenery

In my post war jet install, i really like Brian's MAIW object based scenery, but its a bit hit or miss, i get the Blurry's with some of his airfields, some work and other's not so well, and i cant narrow it down to find the problem, at first i figured it was an object from the various library's that can sometimes cause the problem, but i couldn't find the culprit, then i wonder'd if it was the ground poly, so i knocked up my own, but i still got the same problem, any one else have problems?

Icon5

Hmmmm...odd???

So you're saying the airfiled scenery does that to the ground tex? Apart from a memory issue, and you would see a huge frame drop if that was the case, strange that it should do that, have you tried putting the airfield lower in the scenery settings? Try different position settings, see if that does it?

Is there one bgl/xml for the airfield or several, if there are I take it you tried just the basic airfield without anything else? And it does it with different ac?

Cheers

Shessi

The objects are in a separate bgl, ive had a go (trying to watch a football match at the same time ) removing the object bgl and everything seems fine, so its an object issue, now i have to work out what--

PS frames seem constant, not getting any stuttering or slow down

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    The objects are in a separate bgl, ive had a go (trying to watch a football match at the same time ) removing the object bgl and everything seems fine, so its an object issue, now i have to work out what--

PS frames seem constant, not getting any stuttering or slow down
    Have you tried running the object textures through dxtfixer? (by peter Nyman @ Avsim)

blurries get cause by textures being set for an Alpha channel when they don't have one (and vice versa)

ttfn

Pete

Thanks for the idea, ive used most of these object in my own scenery's, but ive had no problem's, but i know it only takes one rouge texture

That seems to have done the trick Pete, a problem with just one texture, MAIW Range Tower bmp, Everything looks good now, thanks for your help :-)

back to the drawing board, been flying this morning and the problems returned. I did wonder if it was the quantity of object's used, Brian's scenery's can be pretty detailed, but my performance is good and frame rates steady

Icon5

Hi Ian,
    You proved it was an object issue.

What scenery is it?

Was it one of Brian's conversions from P3D or FSX to Fs9?

Can you replace the objects with known Fs9 good ones?

Cheers

Shessi

Hi, its West Raynham, i think all his scenery's either at Avsim or the MAIW library are for FS9. It is odd, another airfield i like of his is Upwood, which ive added Canbarra Ai, and that works fine, but it seems a smaller, less detailed scenery, if i have time i may open up the bgl and reduce the amount of Objects just to satisfy my curiosity,
    I was also playing with the "Mip Mapping quality slider" but although the blurring is reduced above 6, my sim looks like European Air War

Some thoughts that come to my mind:

Could it be that you have another instance of the same bad texture in the texture folder of another scenery?
    And that FS9 loads it from this folder instead of using the fixed texture in the MAIW Global library texture folder.

Is it really the West Raynhem scenery that causes the issue or could it be a another scenery nearby?
    Do the blurries only happen at certain fields of view?

Could it be triggered by a bad AI texture?
    Did you try switching of all AI.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Hi Hartwig, I'll check for duplicate texture's in other area's, although ive removed the Range targets bgl from the MAIW library, which suspect texture sheet is linked too, i dont use those objects anyway.
    Havent installed Ai for this field yet
    The problem defiantly seems related to WR, i take off from Sculthorpe, my own scenery, everything is good, fly over WR and problems occur, fly on to ACG Marham and things return to normal but if i pan back to WR blurries return, same problem occurs with Middleton st George, Binbrook and a few others

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Hi Hartwig, I'll check for duplicate texture's in other area's, although ive removed the Range targets bgl from the MAIW library, which suspect texture sheet is linked too, i dont use those objects anyway.
    Havent installed Ai for this field yet
    The problem defiantly seems related to WR, i take off from Sculthorpe, my own scenery, everything is good, fly over WR and problems occur, fly on to ACG Marham and things return to normal but if i pan back to WR blurries return, same problem occurs with Middleton st George, Binbrook and a few others
    Try pointing the dxtfixer at your fs9 main folder,
    Just in case you have an errant texture there

Ttfn

Pete

As I have this scenery installed as well I tried to reproduce your problem. Strange enough it doesn't occur when I start from West Raynham, however when I fly from another field to West Raynham I have blurries as well......

When I notice in you screenshot is that it only affects your ground textures (as it did with me) the clouds are still in HD.

Flying from West Raynham:

And flying to West Raynman:

It seems the problem needs some time to overload the available (graphic?) memory.

A puzzled Huub

Im actually quite encouraged by your screens Huub, Now i know its not just me

Members who have read this thread: 0