Any one tried this Crusader ?

Thread: Any one tried this Crusader ?

It's reasonable but the RFN version is a better proposition (IMHO) especially at the price.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Yeah I was hoping someone had tried it and could point out anything that makes it better than freeware options.
    I see a basic gps radar and non tacpack weapon release option but I wondered if there was more to it.

Yes, I have it and the RFN Crusader as well. Both are great.

The Roland Laborie version has a few more animations in the cockpit as I recall such as unlocking the wings for takeoff and landing and wing fold. I haven't tried launching any weapons yet, but so far this version seems to have a bit more realism.

There are several model versions and based on which one you fly determines what armament you can load. The RFN model has a 2D loadout manager which I prefer.

Someone, somewhere mentioned the -P model was more accurate with the Laborie version but I don't know if that's true or not.

And, you're right the RFN doesn't cost anything -- and there's lots of repaints.

Hope that helps.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

thanks very much guys, I appreciate it.
    JB

I have both, so I can say IMHO that the flight model of the payware one is not very good,
    the aircraft takes off by its own after a very short run (without any imputs from the stick)
    and also during the approach before the landing it seems floating in the air ...
    The RFN Crusader is far better, the flight model is far honest (even if I never have flown
    a real F8, but the behaviour in the air doesn't leave you perplex as the R.Laboire
    product).
    I keep both in my FSX because I can live also with those inaccurancies and the RF8 is visually very nice,
    Happy landings !
    The more you do, the less you dream

Members who have read this thread: 0