MAAM-SIM Orders

Thread: MAAM-SIM Orders

MAAM-SIM Orders

Is anyone familiar with how MAAM-SIM operates? There seems to be one webmaster there that may be on vacation. Just a bit anxious to finally try out their DC-3 package.

I have re-purchased Briefing Time not too long ago (December 2018) and it went quite smooth. I just looked at the e-mails again, but I think it was an electronic reply (actually two), which contained the download link. Later I received an invoice which might be send manual.

Cheers,
    Huub

(In case you are curious, the file I had was corrupt (old CD) and I couldn't find the e-mail of my original purchase. As it for a good cause I decided just to purchase the model again.)

maamsim

Quote Originally Posted by MattJeo11 View Post
    Is anyone familiar with how MAAM-SIM operates? There seems to be one webmaster there that may be on vacation. Just a bit anxious to finally try out their DC-3 package.
    I thought maam sim went bust 8 years ago tried to get their avenger ,no luck
    greycap

Turns out their guy was attending some storm preparations and has now responded to me. He's a volunteer so more power to him. Just flying by the seat of his pants a bit at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    I thought maam sim went bust 8 years ago tried to get their avenger ,no luck
    greycap

Mid-Atlantic Air Museum is still in business and you can find the Avenger package under the button packages.

http://www.maam.org/maam_sim.html

Cheers,
    Huub

Is there a means by which the Avenger for 2004 can be converted for use in FSX? I have the FS9 disk.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Is there a means by which the Avenger for 2004 can be converted for use in FSX? I have the FS9 disk.
    I think this is more a question to ask in the FSX forum. That is where you can find the boys and girls who fly in FSX.

Cheers,
    Huub

Now I'm the one waiting on their Avenger. I was told their webmaster is away on his anniversary and will be back next week. Their payware is wonderful but they need more volunteers.

Now I'm the one waiting on their Avenger. I was told their webmaster is away on his anniversary and will be back next week. Their payware is wonderful but they need more volunteers.
    Its not payware it is actually donationware. The models are made by a team of volunteers as well, from which many are member here at the SOH. The money they make with the virtual models all goes to the various restoration projects off the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum.

I'm glad you succeeded to purchase the model. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Cheers,
    Huub

I ordered the R4D/DC-3/C-47 package today. I've lived with just the "default" DC-3 in FS9 for years so I can be patient for a few more days.

MAAM webmaster must be having a memorable anniversary. My debit card payment for the R4D/DC-3/C-47 package has cleared my bank but still no email with download links.

Did you shoot them another e-mail? As said when I re-ordered Briefing Time it all went quite smooth.

Success and I hope it works!
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Did you shoot them another e-mail? As said when I re-ordered Briefing Time it all went quite smooth.

Success and I hope it works!
    Huub
    Hi Huub,
    I sent them an email yesterday (no response) and another one today. No "nasty-grams" but I did tell the webmaster to either send me the download link or refund the US$30 I paid for the plane. We'll see how it plays out.
    MAAM-SIM should have a "payment received" function like other flight sim vendors where you get an automatic email with the download link after you place your order.

Members who have read this thread: 0