P-3 now listed on Flightsim.to, but.....

Thread: P-3 now listed on Flightsim.to, but.....

P-3 now listed on Flightsim.to, but.....

I was thrilled to see the P-3 listed by KBT on Flight sim.to, but (contrary to what seems to be indicated on the description included by KBT), there aren't any additional liveries, such as USN, included. Hopefully they will be releasing them as well. The one included in the release is the Royal Norwegian Air Force. Nice paint, but we need some USN! NC

UPDATE: they just posted this!
    https://flightsim.to/file/17398/lock...-orion-us-navy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	navy vp.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	546.3 KB 
ID:	83507

Oh, and unfortunately they have not included the cockpit of the P-3, and instead had to use the 747. Hey, it is what it is, and I am happy to see it!!! And a big THANK YOU to SOH member for his outstanding RNoAF livery!

Name:	P-3N.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	83504

Name:	fwd view.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	353.8 KB 
ID:	83505

https://flightsim.to/file/17346/lock...3n-orion-rnoaf
    Last edited by Navy Chief; July 5th, 2021 at 09:16.

I'd love to see a nice native-built L-188.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Ok, so KBT posted a file with new light effects for the P-3. But the JSON file for the aircraft model has to be changed to reflect the new lights. I still cannot figure out how to do this crap. Yes, before you reply, saying that FSDevelopers has a cool little utility that automatically modifies the JSON file for you, yes, I already downloaded it, but I cannot figure out how to use the darn thing. It says to "Drag any file named "layout.json" onto the exe", but when I try to do this, the EXE file will not highlight, so I am unable to do this. I have tried to edit the JSON, but can't figure out how to get the spacing correct, etc.....

I would really appreciate some help here. This is driving me nuts. NC

https://flightsim.to/file/17394/p-3-...-light-effects

It's still useable. First, drag the addon folder to your desktop (makes it easy to find in a minute). Then open the folder and drag the layout.json file to the desktop and out of the folder.

Double-click the auto-json program to open the GUI window.

Click the Directory button at the top-right and navigate to the addon folder - select the folder itself, but don't go any further.

Click OK and the program will generate the text of the json in the main window.

Click anywhere in that window and press Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C to copy the entire volume.

Open the layout.json on your desktop with either Notepad or Notepad++, then press Ctrl+A > Delete > Ctrl+V to replace the previous text with the new data.

Place the json back into the addon folder and then put the addon back in the Community folder. You should be good to go now.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Iit would have been nice if the author had just included a new json along with the effects...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It's still useable. First, drag the addon folder to your desktop (makes it easy to find in a minute). Then open the folder and drag the layout.json file to the desktop and out of the folder.

Click the Directory button at the top-right and navigate to the addon folder - select the folder itself, but don't go any further.

Click anywhere in that window and press Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C to copy the entire volume.

Open the layout.json on your desktop with either Notepad or Notepad++, then press Ctrl+A > Delete > Ctrl+V to replace the previous text with the new data.

Place the json back into the addon folder and then put the addon back in the Community folder. You should be good to go now.
    Thanks.for.that! I will give it a go tomorrow! NC

If you have Legacy Importer, that can be used to update the layout.json file too. Just open Legacy Importer, click the right-hand P-51 "Select MSFS Aircraft Legacy or Native", browse to the addon's folder, select it, then click the "Rescan aircraft files" bar, wait for it to tell you how many files it added in JSON, then close. I find this easier than using stand-alone tools for this purpose since I'm already comfortable with Legacy Importer from converting airplanes.

August

I'd love to see a nice native-built L-188.
    That's pretty much near the top of my "want" list for MSFS....that and for JF to release their F27 for MSFS....with aux wing tanks, please!

Kent

Well, as usual I got confused and frustrated. Couldn't figure it out. NC

Members who have read this thread: 1