GPS Freezes Sim

Thread: GPS Freezes Sim

GPS Freezes Sim

I have an issue with FS2004 GPS freezing the sim.
    I have to ctrl alt delete to switch user, sign out, or restart the computer to get out of the frozen screen.

I remember years, maybe decades back, a thread on one of the sim sites talking about it, but cannot find it.

How do I fix that?

Devildog73
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Icon5

Hi DD,
    Well, if it's not something like mesh/scenery/coastline etc and you're sure it's a GPS issue, then I think you'll find it's the default Garmin GPS. This is a bug that has happened since the begining of time.....

Try the same ac/flight/conditions, but do not use the Garmin GPS, or fly the same route/area with an ac that does not have that GPS in the panel fitted, and see what happens. If it is the Garmin, I'm sorry I don't have an answer only a re-instal of Fs9 seems to fix it, or change the GPS gauge and rename it as the Garmin in the GAUGES folder, so you change the gauge but not have to change every panel that uses it.

Good luck!

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi DD,
    Well, if it's not something like mesh/scenery/coastline etc and you're sure it's a GPS issue, then I think you'll find it's the default Garmin GPS. This is a bug that has happened since the begining of time.....

Try the same ac/flight/conditions, but do not use the Garmin GPS, or fly the same route/area with an ac that does not have that GPS in the panel fitted, and see what happens. If it is the Garmin, I'm sorry I don't have an answer only a re-instal of Fs9 seems to fix it, or change the GPS gauge and rename it as the Garmin in the GAUGES folder, so you change the gauge but not have to change every panel that uses it.

Good luck!

Shessi
    Shessi,

Here is how I resolved it:

[Window02]
    Background_color=2,2,2
    size_mm=300,220
    window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=8
    visible=0
    ident=GPS_PANEL
    window_size= 0.500, 0.500
    window_pos= 0.500, 0.500

gauge00=FS9Garmin!GNS530, 0,0,300,219

No more frozen screen.
    It was definitely the fs9gps.

The FS9Garmin!GNS530 is a much nicer looking GPS as well.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Ha ha...Dohh! stupid me, I meant to say the Fs9 GPS..and replace it with the Garmin...but you did it, so great.

Strange how that happens, but it is a bug that has happened since Fs9 came out, but why does it suddenly start happening out of the blue???

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 0