RAF Benson for FS9

Thread: RAF Benson for FS9

RAF Benson for FS9

RAF Benson FS9

This is a collection of 2 airfields in Oxfordshire, England. Associated with photographic reconnaissance
    operations, both RAF and USAAF, during WW2. Originally made for X but reworked for 9

RAF Benson
    An expansion era airfield opened in 1938, home to Battle and Whitley sqd's during the phony war and battle
    of France. December 1940 saw the arrival of No1 PRU ( photographic reconnaissance unit ), from then on, Benson became the center of PRU operation through out the rest of the war providing vital arial reconnaissance for the D-Day invasion, Bomber command operations over northern Europe and the Dambuster raid's plus many more operation's. A number of No1 PRU detachments operated from Wick in Scotland and St Evel in Cornwall

Chalgrove, sta 465 USAAF
    Constructed in 1942 and occupied in February 44 by the 9th airforce PRU USAAF. Flying mainly the photographic variant of the P-38, the F-5, Charlgrove PR units made a massive contribution to the build-up,invasion and aftermath of the D-Day landing's before moving to Rennes/St Jacques in France in August 44, this airfield is on the basic side, it just looks good when climbing out of Benson. Ive included static P38's, converted by Fulbert from The B24 Guy's CFS2 default model. Its in its Far East marking's but looks good if you dont get to close, any one know a better repaint ? :-) If you dont like, just remove P38-OBS.BGL

You'll need my Manston 44 scenery, my Bradwell Bay scenery and the recently uploaded
    Ted Andrews RAF building library.

There is also a basic traffic file for Benson using John Youngs Spitfire Mk XIX AI, this can be found at Flightsim
    look for "acg_ai_pack1_fs9.zip"

ive had to make a small change to the cfg, replace the existing line's with these----

atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
    atc_parking_codes=XIX

thanks, ian

Many thanks Ian,
    Another good one for me to do PR Mossie flights etc from...

Did you do the traffic file?

Cheers

Shessi

RAF Benson FS9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: RAF Benson FS9

This is a collection of 2 airfields in Oxfordshire, England. Associated with photographic reconnaissance
    operations, both RAF and USAAF, during WW2. Originally made for X but reworked for 9

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAF Benson FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank's, and yes, although its only one of my very simple one's

Thanks Ian! As always highly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0