PTO Expansion Help

Thread: PTO Expansion Help

PTO Expansion Help

New to the Forum, but flying microsoft for years. I have CFS3 installed on my Windows 10 PC with throttle, stick and rudders working well, but my Tech help and I don't know how to get the PTO installed and working.
    I have been to this site;

http://www.mrjmaint.com/CFS3/PTOAddOns.html

but need to know;

Is there a separate expansion pack somewhere that is needed before Rising Sun et al that we have missed?
    Rather, do we just load all those highlighted installations?

We have the Hurricane, Semi-P39 and a few other planes on, and have some of the Solomons on, but when we try missions the thing fails for lack of Japanese bases.

Dumbed down help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    If you look in the sticky section you will see a thread for installation of ETO and PTO-RS expansions. You will also need CFS3 updated to 3.1a .You can also find that in the forum sticky section. Mission builder is also a good option. Follow instructions to a tee and you should have no problems. Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi thecapgunkid,

remember there are two different installs for the Pacific. The first one is PTO, for which the theater of operations is the Solomons plus a few odd islands in missions utilising a bit of global layer trickery.

The later addon is PTO Rising sun. This is a far more sophisticated but complicated bit of trickery, and has seven different theaters rolled into the install. Much more care is required when using this install, to avoid mixing up global layers and spawn sets, etc. Unfortunately reading is required, which is always a drag. Also get familiar with the .bat file system, which enables you to swap between theaters. For some reason, my Pearl Harbour theater has never worked entirely to my satisfaction, maybe I'm missing a few files. Midway theater is a bit underwhelming, because the island itself is pretty small and there is a lot of deep blue ocean.

There are one or two addons for Risiing Sun, adding airbases to the global layer for PNG. There are also a number of great Japanese warships which can be added to the pacific theaters. These are really nasty ships, bristling with AA. Best to avoid them and attack cargo ships!

Blog Entries
    If you are looking for the PTO-Rising Sun or PTO-Solomons expansions you need to look in the sticky section. There you will find the links to download the needed files to install. As said, Follow the installation instructions given in the sticky section and you should have no problems. Regards,Scott

now what?

thanks for your suggestions to my PTO installation question. My Techie got it installed with a lot of work.

I notice that sometimes the controls commands inputted and saved don't always work or get forgotten in spite of being saved.

Since my son in law flies for real( jeez... he actually has his own plane) he gave me a Saitek rig including stick, throttle and rudder pedals.

Any advice on controls?

Thanks
    The Capgun Kid

Blog Entries
    Glad you got it up and running. Never programed my flight stick so i can't help you there. Maybe someone will see this and point you in the right direction. I use just a simple Logitech 3D Pro. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    If you can't get any help here you may want to try the facebook page, Combat Flight Simulator 3 Fans. There, someone may be able to help.Hope this helps in some way. Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by thecapgunkid View Post
    thanks for your suggestions to my PTO installation question. My Techie got it installed with a lot of work.

I notice that sometimes the controls commands inputted and saved don't always work or get forgotten in spite of being saved.

Since my son in law flies for real( jeez... he actually has his own plane) he gave me a Saitek rig including stick, throttle and rudder pedals.

Any advice on controls?

Thanks
    The Capgun Kid
    I've never had to go through this process, but from memory it crops up in the threads from time to time. So search the threads I'm sure there will be detailed information on the subject.

Members who have read this thread: 1