Nemeth Designs Yak-18T

Thread: Nemeth Designs Yak-18T

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Nemeth Designs Yak-18T

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Very nice looking, but I have a question. On the pillars on each side of the front windscreen, there are brackets holding something that look like soldering irons. My only logical guess is that they're microphones, but I have no clue. Anyone able to shed a little light on this?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Tom, those are the headset plugins.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; July 2nd, 2021 at 17:05.

Wow, great, I liked always this T variant, the last (good) model was for FS2004! Fantastic news and good price also (19.5$).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I own this addon and while for the most part I love it, there's a major memory leak somewhere. I can fairly consistently get it to drop the entire sim to exactly 10FPS with ~100ms mainthread (CPU) delay. I can confirm it's the Yak by using dev mode to reload the aircraft which is fine for a second and then breaks again, then switch to any other aircraft and not experience the problem in the same setting. That said, it doesn't always happen. I'm not sure what the trigger is but I've gotten it to happen about 4 or 5 times at different airfields. Quite frustrating. There are some other minor issues (engine sound can loop despite being overall really great sounds) and almost all switches start on which is aggravating for people who prefer cold and dark start. For the most part though this addon is worth the cost.

John - thanks for the info. I still think they look odd.

LostPilot: Look in the aircraft folder for a bunch of *.FLT files. The Apron version should be the one that controls the aircraft state when you start on the ramp. Look for the switches section. If they're not all set to False, then you've found the issue causing the switches to be preset to on.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Are there more people who have this addon? I'd like to hear a "second opinion" about this one! That is no criticism LostPilot!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Are there more people who have this addon? I'd like to hear a "second opinion" about this one! That is no criticism LostPilot!
    Cheers,
    Priller
    From Simmarket (review from customer):

I bought this direct through Nemeth when it released. Glad to see it here!

This addon is absolutely worth the money. There are some small issues that Nemeth may want to address that I'll cover, but the short story is that this Yak-18T is a very nice model that is wonderful to fly.

I only give this 4/5 because of the lack of opening windows/doors and the occasional sound looping on the engine which can get annoying. Otherwise it's an easy 5/5.

The good:
    The 3D model is very nice inside and out
    The night lighting is simple but very visually pleasing
    The aircraft is ILS capable
    In game checklists are very robust and helpful
    Engine sounds are unique and good, though they do have a loop at times (see "the not so good")
    Flight modeling feels superb, I have no complaints about the FM at all

The not so good:
    Engine sounds do have an audible loop at some settings despite being good sounds.
    The in game checklists do not feature focus, so you will have to hunt for some switches the first time around.
    Windows and doors cannot be opened
    The aircraft always starts with all non-essential switches ON which is annoying as the checklist has you turn them OFF at the end of each flight.
    Looks like the same issue with cold and dark and sound. I hope they fix this.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    LostPilot: Look in the aircraft folder for a bunch of *.FLT files. The Apron version should be the one that controls the aircraft state when you start on the ramp. Look for the switches section. If they're not all set to False, then you've found the issue causing the switches to be preset to on.
    Unfortunately Nemeth didn't provide any .FLT files, I'm noticing that at least half of my addons don't use them. I'll have to figure out how to identify all of the simvars and build my own it looks like. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.

Try copying one from a default piston plane like the G1000 C172. It may need tweaking, but it should be a good start as a template.

Edit: If you have the steam version of the C172, use that one. The G1000 has two batteries, and this is reflected in the flt file.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

One quick bump as I unstick this one...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    One quick bump as I unstick this one...
    I havent it but Id like to know that did Nemeth do any patch for this Yak?
    What it was here did not look encouraging, especially that I always do a start from cold and dark situation (so parking option).

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I havent it but Id like to know that did Nemeth do any patch for this Yak?
    What it was here did not look encouraging, especially that I always do a start from cold and dark situation (so parking option).
    They have released a patch for FPS issues mainly, but there is still work they could do. Nemeth is extremely uncommunicative sadly, worse so than Carenado. As far as I can tell he will not speak to his customers anywhere but he is listening to feedback as confirmed by the patch thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    They have released a patch for FPS issues mainly, but there is still work they could do. Nemeth is extremely uncommunicative sadly, worse so than Carenado. As far as I can tell he will not speak to his customers anywhere but he is listening to feedback as confirmed by the patch thankfully.
    Thx for the info! So dont rush with this model to having it, better to wait .

Members who have read this thread: 0