Nemeth Designs Yak-18T

Thread: Nemeth Designs Yak-18T

Hybrid View

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Nemeth Designs Yak-18T

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Very nice looking, but I have a question. On the pillars on each side of the front windscreen, there are brackets holding something that look like soldering irons. My only logical guess is that they're microphones, but I have no clue. Anyone able to shed a little light on this?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Tom, those are the headset plugins.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; July 2nd, 2021 at 17:05.

Wow, great, I liked always this T variant, the last (good) model was for FS2004! Fantastic news and good price also (19.5$).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I own this addon and while for the most part I love it, there's a major memory leak somewhere. I can fairly consistently get it to drop the entire sim to exactly 10FPS with ~100ms mainthread (CPU) delay. I can confirm it's the Yak by using dev mode to reload the aircraft which is fine for a second and then breaks again, then switch to any other aircraft and not experience the problem in the same setting. That said, it doesn't always happen. I'm not sure what the trigger is but I've gotten it to happen about 4 or 5 times at different airfields. Quite frustrating. There are some other minor issues (engine sound can loop despite being overall really great sounds) and almost all switches start on which is aggravating for people who prefer cold and dark start. For the most part though this addon is worth the cost.

John - thanks for the info. I still think they look odd.

LostPilot: Look in the aircraft folder for a bunch of *.FLT files. The Apron version should be the one that controls the aircraft state when you start on the ramp. Look for the switches section. If they're not all set to False, then you've found the issue causing the switches to be preset to on.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0