Smoke Damage & Smokescreen Effects UT

Thread: Smoke Damage & Smokescreen Effects UT

Smoke Damage & Smokescreen Effects UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Effects Add-ons

Description: Smoke Effect objects for CFS2 by UncleTgt

This zip contains a range of smoke damage & smokescreen objects for use as eye-candy when writing missions.

The most useful are configured as vehicle objects, so can appear to be "mobile", & can be spawned using triggers & events in your missions.

The original idea of an invisible object carrying a smoke effect was inspired by Skylane's predam objects.

Configuring some of them as vehicles, so they could be triggered, spawned & mobile during a mission was influenced by Talon & the AF teams work on the volcano object used in the Battle of Bismark Sea pack.

The effect files owe much to the original work carried out by Nanni & Blade back in 2002-2005.

smokescreen_UT
    ==============
    An invisible vehicle carrying a smokescreen effect. When spawned, can act as though your destroyers have been instructed to lay smoke.

Smokefield_XXL_UT
    =================
    Configured in the same way as the smokescreen vehicle, but much larger. Intended as a way of representing the large target obscuring smokefields generated by smokepots around high value targets. This effect needs more work, it is rather basic.

predam_oilfiresXXL_UT
    ======================
    This quickly generates a large, high plume of black oily smoke, reaching 1400-1500ft. Configured as a vehicle, so can move with a target that is meant to have suffered damage prior to your mission start, without needing a separate, pre-damaged ship model.

I've also provided static infrastructure versions of oilfiresXXL & smokefield_XXL, in case it's found this object configuration is more useful.

inf_predam_smoke_XXL_UT
    =======================
    Similar to the oilfiresXXL effect, but larger & taller. The smoke plume reaches 1800-2000ft.

inf_predam_smoke_XXXL_UT
    ========================
    Similar to smoke_XXL, but larger still, with the smoke plume billowing up to 3000ft.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Allen for his Making Exploding Objects using FS2002 Tools & Tutorial
    Arno Gerretsen for ModelconverterX & FXeditor, such clever & versatile tools

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    JUN 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Smoke Damage & Smokescreen Effects UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you, Unc!

All this new eye candy of yours is superb.

Cheers
    BuV

Great addition to available effects.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Library Staff
    The smokescreen looks fantastic UT - thanks once again!
    Cheers,
    Kevin

Can't wait to try these UT. Great addition! The smokescreen opens up a lot of possible scenarios.

Thanks UT.

I have the Perfect Midway mission to try this

TheBookie

Many thanks Uncle Tgt, very usefull effects, bringing life to our sceneries and war theaters.

Martin

A most helpful addition. Thank you, sir.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon14 Reply...

UncleTgt,

This is outstanding work, thank you for all your efforts to continue to revitalize and keep CFS2 going strong!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hi UncleTgt
    Great idea.
    Thanks for these
    Take Care
    Stuart

Members who have read this thread: 1