Texture - not showing.

Thread: Texture - not showing.

Texture - not showing.

I have a model where a part of the surface shows as black.
    In MCX I can ID which bmp is being called. In fact I can see what should be showing as the
    part is a very distinctive shape on the texture sheet. This shape is surrounded by a black background
    which appears to be what is showing on the model.

Do I have to go back to GMAX to correct this or can MCX be used..?

If that requires alpha channel changes, you can do modifications for that texture in MCX quickly and also saving texture using DXTBMP to correct format/type.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    If that requires alpha channel changes, you can do modifications for that texture in MCX quickly and also saving texture using DXTBMP to correct format/type.
    Its not an Alpha channel issue but a mapping problem. The original author has retired so not a source I can access.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Its not an Alpha channel issue but a mapping problem. The original author has retired so not a source I can access.
    Can you share screenshot of that issue?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? No, just kidding.

Maybe check if a vertical flip of the texture does the trick. At any rate, that's a very common error. You can also use a small fully textured test sheet, say containing columns of numbers to check how this displays and in what area the fault lies.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? No, just kidding.

Maybe check if a vertical flip of the texture does the trick. At any rate, that's a very common error. You can also use a small fully textured test sheet, say containing columns of numbers to check how this displays and in what area the fault lies.
    Thanks, I'll give both suggestions a try.

Hi
    It happened to me with a Falcon 20 where for some reason some aerials were showing parts of the undercarriage well no matter what I did.
    Went into the folders, removed all "intermediate" textures (the ones created by mistake or in the wrong format, repeated ones) removed DXTBmp from the system (just delete, there is no installation) and reboot.
    Fresh copy of DXTBmp and everything went back to normal...
    Maybe?
    Born to Fly

Thanks to all for your suggestions.
    I ended up trying different color shapes on the texture sheet to see what area was being called.
    I then used a substitute texture to fill the mapped area and am now happy with the results.

I was not able to use the original intended texturebut with time and a cut and paste approach should be successful.
    My time will be better spent learning to precisely map textures and then circling back to use the intended texture.

Members who have read this thread: 0