Latest Update Elevation Issues?

Thread: Latest Update Elevation Issues?

Latest Update Elevation Issues?

Anyone else having elevation issues after the latest updates? I took note that when I flew into two different airports (one an addon, the other stock) that I saw odd visual anomalies appear right at touchdown and the runway had very uneven surfaces and negative interaction with the contact points of the gear. One of these instances triggered a crash detection. Anyone else? I have read it's been reported to Asobo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There are issues like that all over. KGSO (my home field) is nearly useless around the FedEx end. The runways are good, but the cargo ramp and one taxiway are both no-go zones.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    There are issues like that all over. KGSO (my home field) is nearly useless around the FedEx end. The runways are good, but the cargo ramp and one taxiway are both no-go zones.
    Tom, I use GSO a good bit as well since IRL, it is my home base away from ILM when I have flown GA aircraft up there and back to here many times. I am running the addon payware GSO scenery sold on Simmarket which also makes scenery for ILM and AVL. I haven't had any issues here at ILM but as I flew to and landed the PMDG DC-6 into runway 5R at GSO, I had a crash just past the intersection which had not happened before. I guess this is the one negative thing Asobo has going on the attempt to have actual ground level deviations at airports rather than their all being flat. Obviously this needs more work to fix said issues.

BTW, I may have mentioned it before, I am originally from the Triad having been born in Thomasville in '66 and my folks were born in High Point. Still have a lot of family in the area (and we still have our old farm out west of High Point off West Lexington Ave). Been here on the coast since I was a year old being a "converted flatlander" ever since! lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I never knew there was any scenery for Greensboro! I just got done checking it out, and I'll probably get it after I get a paycheck coming in again. The only thing I didn't see in the publicity stills was anything related to HondaJet. I wonder if they didn't want to cooperate and allow their name to be used.

Edit: I looked again, and the HondaJet factory is there. This will be a must-buy once I get working again!
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; June 29th, 2021 at 06:14. Reason: Update
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I had a few major elevation issues (particularly when landing at large airports in photogrammetry cities) right after the Nordic update, but haven't had had any problems the last few days. I just figured it was due to all the network traffic.

- dcc
    - -

@StormILM - I just found this yesterday - thought you might like it. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it looks promising!

https://flightsim.to/file/16447/kbuy...gional-airport
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0