Hurricane, Spitfire and Bf109 from Wings over the reich.

Thread: Hurricane, Spitfire and Bf109 from Wings over the reich.

Icon5 Hurricane, Spitfire and Bf109 from Wings over the reich.

Hi everyone, I recently bought the Wings Over the Reich and really enjoyed the Hurricane Canopy, panel and modeling. It made me want to take it to the original CFS3 and other expansions like ETO and MAW. With some modifications in the Aircraft.cfg and xdp files I managed to get it to work satisfactorily, but I would also like to make the rearview work as it does in WOTR. Could someone tell me what I should do to make this work?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Don't look like too many people have done this. Do the mirrors actually work in WOTR ? Can you see other aircraft in them ? You can't have that in CFS3 so far that we have. OBD broke the code ? Regards,Scott

The mirrors do not show aircraft in WOTR. They are the same as what we have with the latest version of Ankor's shaders, which do allow sky, cloud, land, and water to be reflected in close to real time. If the mirrors are not working in your CFS3 install like they do in WOTR, I assume you need to install Ankor's shaders:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4_dec_2019.zip

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Had me excited there for a minute ! That would be a real breakthrough !

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    The mirrors do not show aircraft in WOTR. They are the same as what we have with the latest version of Ankor's shaders, which do allow sky, cloud, land, and water to be reflected in close to real time. If the mirrors are not working in your CFS3 install like they do in WOTR, I assume you need to install Ankor's shaders:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4_dec_2019.zip
    thanks for the responses, June 25, 2021, sixstrings and gecko, I didn't explain it right. it's really like the gecko said but I still couldn't make it work. I've tested it with the latest versions of ankor shaders and even with the WOTR shaders but the rearview mirror is only white.

Hmm, perhaps you missed a texture when you copied the files over? Can you post a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Hmm, perhaps you missed a texture when you copied the files over? Can you post a screenshot?
    I am sending the pictures, thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Combat Flight Simulator 3 30_06_2021 21_42_17.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	83456 CFS3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Over The Reich 30_06_2021 21_47_49 (1).png 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	83457 WOTR

Looks like a missing texture. You can open the m3d file for the cockpit in a hex editor or even notepad and in the midst of the gibberish you will see the texture names used by the model. You can then double check that you got them all copied into your other install.

To make the rearview mirror look right in CFS3 using AnKor's shaders the part of the _s.dds file where the mirror texture is located needs to be a very light shade of grey (or white), and the m3d file needs to set so that the texture uses the shader's reflectivity function.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Guys, finally the WOTR planes rearviewmirrors worked on cfs3 stock. It was kind of accidental and I'm not sure exactly what part of the terrain change to WOTR made it happen. I followed the instructions from the post http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1271216, from Threedp, and the mirror "worked" with the change. Could anyone point out why or what part of the change could make the mirror work?

Yeah, I also would love to know if this can made to work on (most) CFS3 planes.

hertzie

I have this working on all mirrored aircraft. It takes Ankor's Shaders, hex editing the cockpit m3d to activate the reflectivity for the texture representing mirror face, and insuring the related _s.dds or _r.dds texture has the area of the mirror in a light shade of grey.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 0