Gauge Needed

Thread: Gauge Needed

Gauge Needed

Does anybody know where I can get a German Cowl Flaps (Haubenklappen) gauge?

Hello Col Wolf

Do you know a pict for this gauge, or one in xml format that could be converted?

Best regards
    Martin

Martin,

What I need is a German version of this gauge found in the stock F4F Wildcat on the ECU. Attachment 83423 It should look like this with German markings Attachment 83424

This would be used in a bf-109. The 109 had two cowl flaps, one for the oil cooler and one for the radiator that were operated with separate handles but CFS2 only recognizes one key/button function for both. The closest thing to a correct looking gauge is the stock hand crank cowl flap of the F4F on the ECU which would work fine for my purpose if it had German markings. Unfortunately, this is not a separate GAU. file and is only usable in CFGedit as a sub file under the F4F main file.

I also tried using Gaugemaker to extract the .bmp file and simply convert it by editing it with paint.net for this gauge but without success. It comes out looking like this when used in CFGedit Attachment 83425

Hello Col Wolf

As to compile a gauge, would you have a pict with the real one? it won't be longer to do with it
    Cheers
    Martin

Martin,

The 109E radiator control is a hand crank located on the right side of the cockpit as shown here: Attachment 83440

The 109F,G and K radiator control was a teardrop shape handle located on the lower right side front panel which just pivoted left to right as shown here:Attachment 83442

These are the closest I can get of images of the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    Martin,

What I need is a German version of this gauge found in the stock F4F Wildcat on the ECU. Attachment 83423 It should look like this with German markings Attachment 83424

This would be used in a bf-109. The 109 had two cowl flaps, one for the oil cooler and one for the radiator that were operated with separate handles but CFS2 only recognizes one key/button function for both. The closest thing to a correct looking gauge is the stock hand crank cowl flap of the F4F on the ECU which would work fine for my purpose if it had German markings. Unfortunately, this is not a separate GAU. file and is only usable in CFGedit as a sub file under the F4F main file.

I also tried using Gaugemaker to extract the .bmp file and simply convert it by editing it with paint.net for this gauge but without success. It comes out looking like this when used in CFGedit Attachment 83425
    _486_Col_Wolf

That image indicates that you had used 24 bit color for the bitmap. You need to use 256 color bitmap to make gauges.

Please send me your private email and I will send you the new gauges. You can upload that with your aircraft when it is ready. You can also clean up the text quality after you have received the new gauges.

Andrew

Ok ACWay, no problem

have a nice day, cheers

Members who have read this thread: 0