KASH Boire Field Airport - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: KASH Boire Field Airport

KASH SODE Update

I got a message from Bushpilot from FSDeveloper a little while ago and sent him all the SODE flags from KASH which he volunteered to update and pack into one useable Simobject folder with all new information so that anyone who has downloaded can use with instructions how to install.

If you have not tried using the DX10 capabilities in FSX enhanced with the utility called "DX10 Fixer" then you are missing some of the visual potential of FSX. The feature that I enjoy most in DX10 is having moving shadows in the interior and on the exterior of aircraft, as well as on the ground. However, the reason I am not seeing parked aircraft shadow in the KASH scenery is probably related to my use of DX10 Fixer. Add-ons can cause such anomalies sometimes.

My only venture into DX10 (Preview) was when I installed Acceleration years ago and I was not impressed. Airplanes were white and textures were skewed so I turned it off and never went back. I am giving it a second look and thus far (w/DX10-Fixer) I like some of the things I see. . .initially the increase in FPS. One thing I have found is that despite the shadowing active the only way shadows are visible is if you set it in the FSX menu.
    Last edited by falcon409; October 3rd, 2021 at 12:50.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hi Falcon and tgycgigoes, when I bought Steve's DX10 Fixer and cloud shadows addon, it transformed the sim to me and I never looked back.

Greenhouse357

Update to SODE Flags

Yesterday, Bushpilot from FSDeveloper who has so tirelessly helped me with the SODE Flags and windsocks at this airport has created an update that compiles all the SODE flags into one file and provides directions in a README to install. I am providing the mediafire download link here and also uploading it to the WARBIRDS Library for posterity in case mediafire changes its free download policies like others have done for monetary reasons.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/63dql...s_new.zip/file

New Flag SODE Files

I just deleted the SODE flags according to Bushpilot's instructions and installed the compiled simobject and xml files and they work perfectly. Hope everyone else has no problems either.

SOH-CM-2023
    Didn't lok for the SODE stuff but I have a floating building issue. I'm running 3rd party mesh but the airport flatten should fix that. So I'm not sure what is causing this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3D3-2021-oct-10-001.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	587.4 KB 
ID:	84616
    You can't take the sky from me...

Curious

I don't have any issues at all like that...what sim are you in and do you have ORBX global sceneries installed? Is that the "3rd party mesh?" The only issue reported was a bit of flickering which I don't have either. Once Bushpilot sent the SODE composite folder, all the SODE works at least to my knowledge perfectly for everyone using the airport.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; October 10th, 2021 at 18:56.

Members who have read this thread: 0