KASH Boire Field Airport - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KASH Boire Field Airport

One other note on the autogen Vegetation: I don't know how you place your objects (ADE or IS3), but either way, your buildings must have the "Allow Autogen" box checked in order to allow the vegetation to show close to those objects. If not then whatever size the bounding boxes happen to be for those objects, they will block any vegetation and you won't have it showing in and around those areas like they should.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Autogen Trees

Thanks, Falcon409 for that tip. I have bookmarked the Autogen Annotator Tutorial. I also located it in the Environment SDK on my computer and I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Thanks, Falcon409 for that tip. I have bookmarked the Autogen Annotator Tutorial. I also located it in the Environment SDK on my computer and I will check it out.
    The Annotator is a relatively easy program to use if you don't let the tutorial overwhelm you. lol

For what you need there are just a few steps to get you to the point of placing autogen. If it gets daunting, let me know and maybe we can get on Teamspeak and get you going. Once you have the basics it really is quite simple to use.

Current System Specs:

Sounds Great

Thanks Ed. I know we can talk on SOH Teamspeak. I still have the connection though not using it since 461st shut down.

Autogen to come

I downloaded the scenProc and am in the process of learning how to use it. I am told that it is a lot easier than autogen annotator. The reason that I used the photoreal bgl's that I created with SBuilderX is that FSX is so out of wack with the real world. The photoreal backgrounds show all the trees from the air but i agree that 3D vegetation would be much more real and aesthetic. Thank you for your suggestion.

The Latest Progress As Of Today

Here are four shots of the three new buildings and the airport sign which I just completed in Sketchup today. Really came out nice I think. I used a drawcall on the airport sign which worked beautifully drawing down the pavers block and the stone divider slabs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image_210814_160316.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	83963

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image_210814_160634.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	83964

Name:	Image_210814_160659.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	83965

Name:	Image_210814_160734.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	83966

Next week I am going to wind up the buildings with just two more to go. The red brick by the airport beacon and the firehouse which I have textures for already. Then I will tackle adding more autogen vegetation around the airport. I may try and redo the photoreal backgrounds to get closer yet and not so muddy on the ground. You can't see the roads at all.

This looks great so far tgycgijoes. Absolutely payware quality...really looking forward to seeing this in person, so to speak!

Thank You

Thank you for the encouragement. I have had so much fun and learned a ton doing this. I will be sharing it here with everyone and its not "shareware" but "freeware". I have gotten so much from the SOH guys here (and a few "gals") that I just want to give back to the community. Only a few more buildings to go. Falcon409 sent me a PM after evaluating his beta version I shared and I need to learn how to scenProc vegetation in places before I finalize it. I have placed some with ADEx in a few places where there are a few trees or bushes around a building in Google Earth. I have to place clumps of trees though where they are across from the airport which is cleared in a lot of areas obviously necessary for operations. I have to figure out how to animate the snowplows to clear the runways in the winter now. (Just kidding) I have GSX that has operational airport equipment, so if you want ground service you'll just have to invest in that or pretend. The plows are parked in the Service building No. 93 if you look really close.

Name:	SVb6O13m.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	83967

Airport Fire Department

Today's project was the fire department. I used both jpg image textures and merged them with Sketchup textures and window components because two of the four sides of the building could not be photographed online. I am pleased with how it turned out for a first time experiment. Learned a few tricks again too. Here are few shapshots:

I found something online

I made a comment above on the 14th about not having any snowplows in the winter at Nashua Boire Field. Well, I found something today and I am going to try to program snowplows when it snows here because I never have done this before. So when all the trees are planted and the airport ready to release, I am going to release it but if the snowplows and deicers can be made animated, I will issue an update with them. Wish me luck, I'm excited to try.

99 Pine Hill Road Eastpoint Executive Center

I have been working on this for three days now it is so complex but really learning more about Sketchup. If you want to see it Google the address above and you can "walk around" on the street. I didn't know about this when I first started doing buildings just using Google Earth but now as I work I have the Google site; Google Earth and Sketchup all open in different windows at the same time. Keeps me hopping back and forth.

Eastpoint Executive Finally Done

After three days, it's finally complete and part of Nashua Boire Field. <br>

This really looks great. I like the way the a/c units stand out. And you didn't miss the trash cans behind the firehouse either. It looks like you've done well by Sketchup and for the rest of us too! Simply outstanding work.

Sode v1.7.1

With help from "Bushpilot" at FSDeveloper, I have begun to understand SODEPlacer. On Avsim different developers have created addons for different airports around the world. I started with INNSBRUCK and obtained tractors pulling mowers and snowplows after my post above that said no animated snowplows would be at KASH. Well there are now if you have SODE installed on your computer. When you get your copy of the airport from the download if you PM me, there will be a folder with all the files for you to add there and where to add them. It is no more difficult than placing an addon into your simulator. I did the hard part. Here are the mowers at KASH:

AND here is one of the snowplows:

Just a Little More Checking

I noticed as I panned the airport " in the winter" that the mowers are out too so I have to check that out. The snowplows were not out in the Summer, today's date. It's all in the XML. Never mind. I found that sometimes Simconnect and SODE have a conflicting glitch if FSX is open too long or like I switched seasons and dates, it got confused. Fresh boot on the computer and all is well so whenever you'd like a copy, just PM me.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; August 26th, 2021 at 09:30.

This is a really well-executed scenery with much more detail and volume of buildings, etc. than is typical in freeware. Thank you to the many scenery and aircraft designers here who are so generous with their time and talent. These contributions are the breath of life for FSX. Please know your work is appreciated.

Wow nice scenery so far tgycgijoes. Looks like payware quality...

Looking forward to seeing (and downloading) this in person for FSX!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Ready To Download

Just send me a PM and I will reply with the mediafire download url.

thank you

A big thank you for all of you who PM'd me for the download link. This took a lot of time but it was all fun and definitely a learning experience all through it. I am glad that I learned how to reduce the fps hit to as low as possible. I obviously can't control what aircraft you fly out of KASH but the ones I tried still have a good frame rate so that you can enjoy your flight without any stutters or slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    A big thank you for all of you who PM'd me for the download link. This took a lot of time but it was all fun and definitely a learning experience all through it. I am glad that I learned how to reduce the fps hit to as low as possible. I obviously can't control what aircraft you fly out of KASH but the ones I tried still have a good frame rate so that you can enjoy your flight without any stutters or slow down.
    Will you be uploading it to the Warbirds Library?

Current System Specs:

Eventually

I will upload it but I like knowing who is interested and looking for some feedback on this the final version. Probably next week so that it is available for the future for those who haven't followed the thread when it disappears onto back pages. Short answer...yes.

I'm a complete dunce about scenery design. On my system, I get a fair amount of texture flashing on certain buildings in this scenery. I mentioned this to Ed Wells when I previewed one of his sceneries, and I'm not sure if this is a unique problem in my setup or wider spread. Are there any settings that I could change to eliminate the problem?

Scenery DesignProblem

When a scenery is designed and I know Ed Wells will bear me out. The designer has to do his best to correct this for each building and texture. Using 2D images in scenery is a notorious culprit for doing that. Also I try and remove as many polys that create this before a building is finished and readied to place in the scenery. Sometimes we just can't figure it out after doing everything we can. I KNOW you are not complaining or finding fault but asking for help. Can you tell me what is flickering (I have one hanger door I found the other day on MY system I am going to try and fix and send an update for) or is it multiple objects or the ground or what andI will try and help. Any other designers with an idea, jump in here!

The flashing of various building textures occurs just on certain buildings, and is initiated by the panning control (the hat switch) on my joystick. The same thing happens when I pan with the mouse, so it is initiated by panning, and continues until the panning is completed. It is not every building either: The blue and tan building that has a sign on it reading "Ranburg" is a flasher, but not the buildings on either side. Some of the glass textures on building are also flashing. The signage on the Nashua jet aviation building flash, or flicker, during panning. Buildings (hangers) with light blue siding will also flash momentarily. It would be interesting to see if others have this anomoly, or if I am the only one.Thanks for all of your hard work on this scenery.

No Problem

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    The flashing of various building textures occurs just on certain buildings, and is initiated by the panning control (the hat switch) on my joystick. The same thing happens when I pan with the mouse, so it is initiated by panning, and continues until the panning is completed. It is not every building either: The blue and tan building that has a sign on it reading "Ranburg" is a flasher, but not the buildings on either side. Some of the glass textures on building are also flashing. The signage on the Nashua jet aviation building flash, or flicker, during panning. Buildings (hangers) with light blue siding will also flash momentarily. It would be interesting to see if others have this anomoly, or if I am the only one.Thanks for all of your hard work on this scenery.
    I enjoyed every minute. The only flashing for me is one glass framed hanger door and that was made my hand NOT a jpg texture or image. It was also "cleaned up" to take out all the duplicate and overlying triangles which causes flashing. I will check it out later by walking around with BOB and see if I can get anything to flash. Thank you for your input I want it to be as good as it can be before sharing with all here. Also there is an update in the works.

Members who have read this thread: 0