Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Just uploaded this one:
    I love DAT one!
    Great paint Danny

Braathens Safe LN-SUB ("Social Distancing") have been updated with minor texture corrections. Version 1.2 is uploaded to flightsim.to.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

The sheer amount of detail in the Evert's Blue Canoe by Steve Dra must be seen to be believed... well worth a DL.... for the painters amongst us, you know how hard the nose stripe was to get right... and it's brilliant!

Thanks Steve!

Ooh, that looks absolutely brilliant!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Took her for a little cruise from paom to paun.
    Absolutely gorgeous.

I think this exemplifies the spirit of SOH- here we have 2 great talents praising another’s work. I am so glad to be a small part of this community. For those who haven’t downloaded 1CE… she’s really incredible.

And the NOAA N6539C | 1975 is on its way... First WIP-pictures.

NOAA by TiAr, auf Flickr

NOAA1 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    And the NOAA N6539C | 1975 is on its way... First WIP-pictures.Thomas
    Looking good Thomas! I saw a pic of her without the logo on the left nose....but wondering if you're going to try and create it....looks cool and think it would enhance the livery, but can't read the writing in the only "ok" pic I can find of it on the web. Looks like a one-off sticker they threw on her...not an official NOAA sticker for sure. I'd make up some text Think the last word is "Agency" but hard to tell....could not find that logo anywhere.Also...on some of the close-ups I've seen of those hurricane patches on the left side...each one has the name/year of the specific hurricane. I expect your livery to faithfully reproduce that! Hehe. Remember to only use names from the years this plane flew thru them...I'll be checking for accuracy! LOL Don't cheat and pull the names of the storms from the good photos on the side of the P3!!!
    Last edited by SteveDra; September 14th, 2021 at 11:41.

Took her for a little cruise from paom to paun.Absolutely gorgeous.
    Thanks!Took your Aviateca on a flight in her region somewhere in Guatemala (forgot the airports)....love this unique color scheme and flying in this region! Not sure if the airport I landed at was accustomed to such a large aircraft, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Ooh, that looks absolutely brilliant!
    Thanks JanKees! Love painting this plane (as I know you do as well)

And the NOAA N6539C | 1975 is on its way... First WIP-pictures.
    There's my ride!

Stunning - and that's my favorite of the several different NOAA paints. Glad you were able to find references.

Looking forward to taking her on Point A-Point A observation flights.

Thanks again for taking her on.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDra View Post
    Looking good Thomas! I saw a pic of her without the logo on the left nose....but wondering if you're going to try and create it....looks cool and think it would enhance the livery, but can't read the writing in the only "ok" pic I can find of it on the web. Looks like a one-off sticker they threw on her...not an official NOAA sticker for sure. I'd make up some text Think the last word is "Agency" but hard to tell....could not find that logo anywhere.Also...on some of the close-ups I've seen of those hurricane patches on the left side...each one has the name/year of the specific hurricane. I expect your livery to faithfully reproduce that! Hehe. Remember to only use names from the years this plane flew thru them...I'll be checking for accuracy! LOL Don't cheat and pull the names of the storms from the good photos on the side of the P3!!!
    The emblem/logo is also on NOAAs C-130 N6541C of the Seventies. But there are no highres pictures around. In that time, NOAAs birds are based in Miami Intl. At least I found it on an old Captsim repaint of good old FS9. But to cover that, is also not purposeful. Tomorrow I will write an email to NOAA, I am sure, thats the best way to get a better template.

To make the hurricanes stickers proper readable, I have to do it in 10k. With risks of CTDs on older systems. Without a highres reference like the Orion, there is no way.

Thomas

The emblem/logo is also on NOAAs C-130 N6541C of the Seventies. But there are no highres pictures around. In that time, NOAAs birds are based in Miami Intl. At least I found it on an old Captsim repaint of good old FS9. But to cover that, is also not purposeful. Tomorrow I will write an email to NOAA, I am sure, thats the best way to get a better template.To make the hurricanes stickers proper readable, I have to do it in 10k. With risks of CTDs on older systems. Without a highres reference like the Orion, there is no way.Thomas
    Hehe...I was kidding about the hurricane names. I hope in the future all devs can make use of decals so we can get those hi-rez textures in common places on the aircraft.I hope NOAA responds and is able to supply the logo.Too bad PMDG didn't model the big radome on the other NOAA birds...that would be awesome!

Thanks!Took your Aviateca on a flight in her region somewhere in Guatemala (forgot the airports)....love this unique color scheme and flying in this region! Not sure if the airport I landed at was accustomed to such a large aircraft, LOL
    Haha , getting her down there is one thing , but getting her back up outoff there is ........

Haha , getting her down there is one thing , but getting her back up outoff there is ........
    LOL True....she definitely went out very light...I think I recall 3k fuel and 8k of payload, LOL. Even left the beverage carts on the tarmac! :LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDra View Post
    Hehe...I was kidding about the hurricane names. I hope in the future all devs can make use of decals so we can get those hi-rez textures in common places on the aircraft.I hope NOAA responds and is able to supply the logo.Too bad PMDG didn't model the big radome on the other NOAA birds...that would be awesome!
    Email to NOAA with emblem request is out. Find pic of August 1975 which shows front emblem and US flag also on right side. Nice. Did an investigation on hurricanes in West Atlantic area between 1960-1974 for the stickers. They are now readable.

Working on overall engines shine and exhaust dirt is going on

Thomas

NOAAs repaint of 1975 is a big fun. Got an answer to my logo/emblem request, with no luck, but got new contact. Second email is out.

Anyway, my work is nearly finished. Did a lot of work on engines and fuselage with new emblems on the front (which is a placeholder). Really nice is the turquise inner front door. This is real on that time on N6539C.

NOAA2 by TiAr, auf Flickr

NOAA3 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

Thanks Steve.
    That NOAA paint is looking great , Thomas.

jk7592 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk7590 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk7614 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk7605 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

JanKees does it again!I'll be proud to add your Navy paint to my hanger and will fly her regularly! (OK...so I'm a little biased for Navy paints, go figure, LOL)Loving the B&B livery as well....will be one of my Go To paints when flying over the Aussie outback!

Members who have read this thread: 82