The MSFS PMDG DC-6 Livery Thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The MSFS PMDG DC-6 Livery Thread

Christian, great history of HB-IBS, but you didn´t told us life before Air Ferry and after Conair.

In short: This Combi DC-6A/C c/n 45531 was built in 1958 and was delivered first to Hunting Clan Airservices as G-APNO. Left fleet to British United Airways in 1960. Air Ferry used G-APNO until 1968. This combi came to Balair in 1969 as HB-IBS and was used by International Committee of the Red Cross in Biafra crisis wearing pure white fuselage with International Red Cross stickers. Later in 1969 HB-IBS got its Balair scheme. Conair Aviation bought it 1982 and converted C-GIBS to a fire fighting aircraft. Came to Everts Air Cargo in 2013 as N501YP. Reregistered as N851CE and was used for cargo services in Alaska. In 2019 N451CE was substantially damaged when it struck a berm and damaged the landing gear while inbound to land in Candle, Alaska. There were no injures to the three crew members onboard. Today on store in Fairbanks/AK.

The last flight of Everts N851CE was on 1st August of 2019. Perhaps you didn´t noticed that bad landing in Candle/AK. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7voLYFmuCI

And https://aviation-safety.net/database...?id=20190801-0

Thomas

Thomas- to clarify she’s N451CE- the Everts “Blue Canoe”…. their best livery by far!C

Hello Thomas...!

Your part on the history of HB-IBS was great. Now we have a full history of HB-IBS. Thanks for your additions. I also wanted to know when the DC-6A / C c / n 45531 was built, etc. I also searched but didn't find much. And so I only had the information about where she came to Balair and until the time she was with Conair.

Thank you, also for the comments on my short story, which was supplemented by Thomas. Absolutely nice.

And who knows, maybe somebody wants to paint the (N451CE- the Everts “Blue Canoe”) and the (Conair C-GIBS).

Well, I wish you a happy new beginning of the week.

Greetings from Christian (Pirosch)

Yes, I was wrong, 45531 is not N451CE (the Blue Canoe). It is N851CE. Sorry for wrong information.

https://www.aerialvisuals.ca/Airfram...p?Serial=82774

Thomas

HB-IBS is available. as a B-Model. I am thinking about a A-Model with fake windows.

DC-6_HB-IBS2 by TiAr, auf Flickr

https://flightsim.to/file/18328/bala...-c-hb-ibs-1970

Enjoy!

Thomas

Absolut great, this is super Thomas, many Thanks. I Fly the HB-IBS this Evening...

Greats from Chris (Pirosch) and have nice Evening..

... and we're back in SEA, headed home to AK... hoping for a VTS Blue Canoe soon!

C

Hope you get a Blue Canoe shortly too!

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    ... and we're back in SEA, headed home to AK... hoping for a VTS Blue Canoe soon!C
    Hoping you'll get one "Soon"® too. I caught a glimpse of this one as I snuck on to the painter's private strip where he's been known to pull his paints in progress out of the paint hangar to get some sun, hehe.Crawling thru the grass in the hot Texas summer was no fun I tell ya...but at lease I got a clear shot of the nose where I hear the painter has been pulling his hair out trying to make it look just right.

Painting in the nose area

Agreed- especially over the top of the nose!
    Amen Brother!I've heard turning on the wireframe helps a lot in the nose area.

Steve- she's gonna be grand! Thanks for all your efforts on this.

C

Ramp Presence

Steve- she's gonna be grand! Thanks for all your efforts on this.C
    Thanks Carl...I know you'll enjoy her. Adding even more details as I've contacted an A&P who used to work at Everts and he's been sending me a treasure trove of pics. She just draws attention when she's on the ramp.

Back on track again after sim update. The Braathens Safe DC-6B LN-SUB (2020 livery - "Social Distancing") is almost finished.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Back on track again after sim update. The Braathens Safe DC-6B LN-SUB (2020 livery - "Social Distancing") is almost finished.
    Beautiful work! I always liked Braathens....it was one of my earliest paints, back in 2003 (I think)...on the Eric Cantu 737-200. Those were the days.

Steve and Gunnar,

I am looking forward to both of your liveries. Amazing work!!
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Steve and Gunnar,

Agreed! We are fortunate that SOH has several PREMIER painters here.

C

LAB is now out

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Steve and Gunnar,

Thanks...I just released my LAB paint over at flightsim.to.

https://flightsim.to/file/18556/pmdg...iano-lab-dc-6b

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OH3yce.jpg  

Braathens SAFE DC-6B 2020 livery with nose art has now been uploaded to flightsim.to.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

That’s great Gunnar, much appreciated! She will certainly be one of my historic flights.C

coming soon:
    jk6870 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6878 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6886 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

VH-BPH is uploaded on flightsim.to, together with this US Navy R6D:

jk6922 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6929 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6924 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6932 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

One more Navy livery....

My view is that you can never have too many Navy aircraft.

Just working on some final details (he says as he always manages to find one more thing to tweak, LOL)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hfFELo.jpg  

Biafran Airlift DC-6B Fragtflug Iceland TF-FRB | 1969

A little history:

This DC-6B was was build 1956 with c/n 45067/709 and delivered to Western Air Lines as N93116 and sold in 1962 to Japan Air Lines as JA6208. In June 1968 it was bought by Onyx Corporation, reregistered PH-TRK and briefly flown by the Dutch company Transavia. The next year it was registered TF-FRB for Fragtflug who reregistered it again in December 1969 to TF-OAB. In that time TF-FRB is flying the famous Biafran Airlift, wearing first old Japan Air Lines painting with ICRC Red Cross stickers. Later in 1969, when airlift to Uli airstrip becomes more and more dangerous, it was reregistered to TF-OAB, wearing famous olive green/grey paint scheme. Later in mid 1970, TF-OAB flew humanitarian aid flights in Cambodia for UNICEF.

In 1972 TF-OAB was sold to Boreas Corporation as N14436; the next year Kimex bought it. Indiasa Aviation Corp. bought N14436 in 1978 and reregistered it as N120AC. Virgin islands Int'l Airways leased it in 1980, but the next year it was impounded in Colombia. The Air Force made use of it and registered it as FAC-902; it crashed near Letica, Amazona on 24Jul85. Because of a strike among Avianca pilots, Air Force transport planes were used on domestic services. The aircraft was flying in bad weather when no. 3 engine fire caused the plane to crash into the jungle. All 80 people on bord were sadly killed.

TF-FRB_1969 by TiAr, auf Flickr

TF-FRB_1969_2 by TiAr, auf Flickr

https://flightsim.to/file/19347/biaf...nd-tf-frb-1969

Enjoy!

Thomas

Here are two more Biafran airlift repaints from Fragtflug Iceland, the TF-OAB (in the background) is the TF-FRB, but this time in olive green/grey livery with a UNICEF sticker. Also in this dress is the "sister" TF-OAA, which after the Biafra mission was already used in this livery from June 1970 to 1972 in European passenger and cargo traffic.

Keflavik by TiAr, auf Flickr

Coming soon.

Thomas

TiAr,

Those are great looking paint jobs. Looking forward to adding them to my hangar, and taking them out for some flights.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 82