The MSFS PMDG DC-6 Livery Thread - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The MSFS PMDG DC-6 Livery Thread

TiAr, very nice Biafran Airlift repaints, thank you. Now we just have to fined Uli airstrip)

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Here are two more Biafran airlift repaints ...
    Thanks so much for the Fragtflug paints! I'd posted a request on Flightsim.to for TF-OAA in ex-JAL colors, much like your TF-OAB ex-City of Sapporo. No need to cover that base, of course... this is a more-than-ample supply. Glad to finally have some special-mission paints to work with.

Speaking of which... and not to sound greedy or ungrateful, but... any chance of any of the U.S. Department of Commerce/Weather Bureau/NOAA DC-6 hurricane hunters? Storm chasing in MSFS might produce some, ah, interesting moments...

Hope you'll consider it - and again, thanks for what you've done so far.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Thanks so much for the Fragtflug paints! I'd posted a request on Flightsim.to for TF-OAA in ex-JAL colors, much like your TF-OAB ex-City of Sapporo. No need to cover that base, of course... this is a more-than-ample supply. Glad to finally have some special-mission paints to work with.

Speaking of which... and not to sound greedy or ungrateful, but... any chance of any of the U.S. Department of Commerce/Weather Bureau/NOAA DC-6 hurricane hunters? Storm chasing in MSFS might produce some, ah, interesting moments...

Hope you'll consider it - and again, thanks for what you've done so far.
    First, thank you all for your nice words.

Alan, I will do both, TF-FRA (TF-OAA), wearing different paintings as TF-FRB and USDoC/NOAA Hurricane Hunter. But first, I have to finish HB-IBS in its Biafran times

Thomas

That's fantastic - glad to welcome those, too. You're giving us quite a hangar.

The hurricane hunter(s) will have to be a bit of an approximation, since the model doesn't include a radar housing or gust probe. But I'm guessing we can imagine our way around that. I used to fly simulated weather observation in Coastal Command B-17s, so this will be a nice step twenty or twenty-five years into the future.

Take your time!

-- Saint-Exupery

First two more Biafran Airlift repaints. Both are wellknown and WIP. First Balair HB-IBS and second Fragtflug TF-FRA in its ex Japan Air Lines painting, both 1969. Is later TF-OAA.

HBIBS_1969_5 by TiAr, auf Flickr

HBIBS_1969_3 by TTiAr, auf Flickr

TFFRA_1 by TiAr, auf Flickr

TFFRA_4 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Both will available the next days on flightsim.to.

Hope you like it

Thomas

Bravo! and thanks!

-- Saint-Exupery

I am so pleased with the reception the Six has gotten from the Community and our Painters here at SOH. She is by far my favorite aeroplane in MSFS (so far) and has liveries to suit almost anyone. Operating her far below 10k, she’s the perfect platform to watch the beautiful world drone by. Keep them coming please!C

Hello Thomas!

I am absolutely thrilled with the Panits from the Biafran Airlift repaints that is absolutely amazing for me. And now the story with the DC6 HB-IBS Balair is finished and over.

So the paints from you are the absolute "FINEART". So once again, thank you very much for your time to create such paints so that the community here can fly these great paints with the DC-6. D Not to forget this is also for all other Dc-6 paints that are shown here.

With best regards, Christian (Pirosch)

USAF 63rd MAW paint released

Just finished and uploaded to flightsim.to. Should be available shortly.

Oh baby....that is GORGEOUS! Thanks, Steve! Any plans for a MATS version with Day-Glo?

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Oh baby....that is GORGEOUS! Thanks, Steve! Any plans for a MATS version with Day-Glo?Kent
    Thanks Kent. I saw a Day-glo on flightsim.to with 2500 downloads so she must be pretty good....never looked at it closely.Not sure if I'll do one that is already out there unless I can get some good pics, especially squadron logos and service ribbons painted on her. Mine just showed up at flightsim.to.https://flightsim.to/file/19637/pmdg-dc-6-usaf-63rd-maw

An update to the Braathens Safe LN-SUB "Social Distancing" have been uploaded. Only minor texture adjustments to make the livery more accurate

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Working on NOAA Hurricane Hunter N6539C, but need help to find the right emblem on the nose section.

fly0001227147 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Perhaps you have an idea.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Working on NOAA Hurricane Hunter N6539C, but need help to find the right emblem on the nose section.

Perhaps you have an idea.

Thomas
    That's proving to be a tough one so far. You might have to go to the source: photolibrary@noaa.gov

The public affairs staff at US government agencies can be quite helpful.

Wondering if the orange-stripe or blue lightning bolt liveries might be easier to work with (they seem to have fewer decorations), though I agree the one you've got looks best.

I'll keep digging.

-- Saint-Exupery

Day-Glo is a possibility as it turns out. I found a few ok pics to paint her...this is what I have so far.I took a look at the one already available that had 2500 downloads...uhh....well....we could always use another USAF paint.

Steve-- you're a GOD...plus you have ESP...I've had this pic on my desktop for a few months and was thinking about sending it to you after your MAC version was released:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0145456.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	84133

Yeah...looks like the SAME tail number and everything...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0145455.jpg 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	84134

Can't wait...looks GREAT!

Kent

Steve-- you're a GOD...plus you have ESP...I've had this pic on my desktop for a few months and was thinking about sending it to you after your MAC version was released:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0145456.jpg 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	84133Yeah...looks like the SAME tail number and everything...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0145455.jpg 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	84134Can't wait...looks GREAT!Kent
    Thanks Kent.I'm not a deity...just a guy who's been painting for forever it seems, Hehe. Those pics are the only really good ones of a Day-glo DC6, so luck would have it that I found them as well and used them to paint it. Still working out a few things, but made some progress today. Have not edited the wings yet for this livery...still more to do on the fuse and tail.If I can make a fellow Vet happy (esp. in these times) with a paint, I'm glad to oblige...painting takes my my mind off pressing real world events (as does flying when I manage to do that, LOL)

Outta' New Orleans!

Gotta' get her out of the path of the hurricane!

Steve-- that is GORGEOUS! Thank you for the repaint. Looking forward to trying it out.

Kent

Steve-- that is GORGEOUS! Thank you for the repaint. Looking forward to trying it out.Kent
    Thanks Kent....She'll be yours....Soon®

Just grabbed the paint. Fantastic! Love the 50s through 70s military paints. Thanks for doing this!

Indeed , very beautiful.
    But what i would like to know is : How is the blue canoe coming along ?

Thanks guys!
    You can get her here:
    https://flightsim.to/file/19748/pmdg...ay-glow-colors

@spook48 she's coming along.....I'm adding a lot of detail, and waiting for a few more pics from a friend who used to work at Everts.

Awesome , steve. I'll be waiting for that one.
    In the meantime , i painted this Aviateca repaint.
    https://flightsim.to/file/19787/pmdg...teca-guatemala
    snap01093 by Danny Best, on Flickr
    snap01095 by Danny Best, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    Awesome , steve. I'll be waiting for that one.
    In the meantime , i painted this Aviateca repaint.
    Very nice! Love the colors. Already grabbed it and will do some flying in Guatemala with her for sure!

Members who have read this thread: 82