Thread: The MSFS PMDG DC-6 Livery Thread

uploaded on flightsim.to:
    jk6080 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6095 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6106 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6108 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6123 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

the files were too large to upload here unfortunately
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

My first flight in the continental US was an Eastern 727 from JFK-TPA. I Miss those birds and National.would love to see one glinting in the summer sunshine!C

Last edited by GrizzlyAir; June 26th, 2021 at 11:49.

Grizzly…your Western skin was the first applied to the DC-6. It remains my favorite. Thanks!

Kent

A new real one - it shows US Navy VC-118A 128425 of VR-1 Squadron based at NAS Patuxent River in 1963. It was one of six R6D-1 delivered from Ontario, CA 1961 und redesignated as VC-118B. Others were 128423, 128427, 128429, 128431, and 128433. 128425 was the only one wearing this red scheme on tail for a short period of time. Was used for stuff transport.

DC6_425 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr
    https://flightsim.to/file/17003/us-n...128425-ca-1963

On this repaint i am currently working on. It shows DC-6B(F) N55CA of Conner F.A. with c/n 45328/825. Ex DC-6B CF-CZU of CP Air. This aircraft was based in Miami MIA until 1991. Airworthy until 1997. Ended in Opa Locka. Registration cancelled 2013-04-18.

DC6_N55CA_4 by Thomas Roehl, auf Flickr

Thomas

my latest, XV-NUC of Air Viet Nam, 1966:
    jk6165 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk6168 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

link to paint: https://flightsim.to/file/17051/doug...vietnam-xv-nuc
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Superb! Any takers on N451CE, the Everts Blue Canoe?https://i.imgur.com/cQbMroV.jpgTIACarl

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Eastern ?

shure

Icon5

Hi,

Start working on my second DC-6 repaint (all new because i did not have the DC-6 for P3D).
    It will be the KLM PH-TGA, as flown in the "London-Christchurch Canterbury Centennial Air Race" in 1958.

Looking for some more detailed logo's which were on the aft fuselage.

What do you think is the best estimate of the colours? Myself thinking about brown/gold for colour?

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    W.i.p.
    snap00890 by Danny Best, on Flickr
    Cool! The more Dutch DC-6's the better!

Marcel

PS
    Do not know the lighting conditions of the shot, the greens look a bit too dark to my mind.
    Example: https://www.airteamimages.com/dougla...016_large.html

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Martinair aka Martin's Air Charter (MAC). The PH-MAM circa 1970:
    Marcel
    Marcel, you did it.

Now I REALLY just have to go get the PMDG-DC6
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Marcel, you did it.

Now I REALLY just have to go get the PMDG-DC6
    From me across town....DO IT. It is the best flying airplane I have found thus far in MSFS

Kent

Especially for Manfred and Kent:

Hope to release it within a few day.

Marcel

Absolutely Fabulous, Marcel and Spook ! Thanks!

Soot !

I saw requests for Everts Blue Canoe passing by. Looked it up. Lovely livery indeed. Possibly good chance to talk about soot for a minute.

Everything is top of the bill regarding the default PMDG DC-6 external texturing. It's only aft of the cowl flaps that the painting artist seems to have lost interest or didn't want to get his hands dirty... Usually it's quite a palet of blackish, brownish, blueish and whatnotish matt colors all over the place there behind the cowl flaps because of the trillions of explosions coming from the 18 cylinders of a P&W R-2800 for many, many hours, day in day out. The result f.i. on the Everts Blue Canoe DC-6 looks therefore like this :

The soot coming from the PMDG DC-6 engines however looks like only 4 cylinders have been working very inefficiently for just a few hours :

Some more evidence that there really are 4 hard working, oil dripping, fuel slurping, hot glowing, firebreathing monsters there in front of the cowl flaps that leave their excrements behind all over the nacelles behind the cowlflaps in a most not to be misunderstood way.

Working of the PMDG DC-6's engines have been replicated to the utmost fidelity, it is just a pity this has not exactly been forwarded to the external texture department...

Just saying, guys...

Hi Jan,

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    The soot coming from the PMDG DC-6 engines however looks like only 4 cylinders have been working very inefficiently for just a few hours :
    Some more evidence that there really are 4 hard working, oil dripping, fuel slurping, hot glowing, firebreathing monsters there in front of the cowl flaps that leave their excrements behind all over the nacelles behind the cowlflaps in a most not to be misunderstood way.
    Working of the PMDG DC-6's engines have been replicated to the utmost fidelity, it is just a pity this has not exactly been forwarded to the external texture department...
    Just saying, guys...
    Hear yah :-) Tried to dirty up the Martinair's engines. Like you say it's evident on most pictures (only the repaintkit, does not supply the effect so is left out in most repaints.)
    Making good looking dirt is not so easy as it looks :-)

PS How would it be on the inner side of both the engines? The engine-exhausts are not present there, however the cowl-flaps are open there, so should this side be as dirty or less or none?

Marcel

Jan-I value everything you say- have asked the Dev to take a look. Stay tuned...

The exhaust is only on the outboard sides of the nacelles (as portrayed in the product paint schemes).

Found also a good one, shows indeed the "inboard" side was lot cleaner then the "outboard"

Members who have read this thread: 80