DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Old friend back...

Thread: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Old friend back...

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Old friend back...

Yes it's back. All seems good with 5.1 HF1 but now back with 5.2. Probably due to Windows 10 update Sunday. Some a/c work better than others. Anybody else got this problem? Any fixes?

GPU is Radeon 6800, CPU Ryzen 7 5800.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hi Dave
    I've experienced the problem for the last several months with both 5.1 and now 5.2. For me it occurs consistently when I attempt to "disable" VR - Oculus Rift S. Have attempted many fixes - some appeared to work for a bit but the problem has always re-occurred. I have read about another couple of fixes over on the P3D forum under this same topic but have not tried them. I'm also given to understand that LM is planning a hot-fix intended to help. Wish I could report something more concrete.

Warren

Dave sorry I have never seen this problem but I run an Intel CPU with an NVIDIA GPU.

I've found this.
    Might be helpful.

Dave

I had this happen a few times so I rolled back the NVIDIA drivers and it went away.
    That was earlier this year and I've since upgraded to a 3090 GPU, aside from a single OOM message (on a 24G GPU!) I've yet to rejoin the fold!
    This looks like it might help but so did a number of suggestions.

The problem was all over the Interweb and it drove LM bat-chit crazy.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I had that issue with this new Dell Computer. However Dell's Lockheed person took care of via remote. According to Dell it was the Wacky ATI driver situation in case the Alienware center and ATI center having a Vegas Friday night Fight match lol and P3D was the Ref getting caught in the middle of an upper cut. They cured it.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Thanks for the help Guys. I've tried the Partition Wizard fix without success; an earlier P3D forum fix also was unsuccessful. I've been out most of the day but I'll try the latest P3D particledraw.fx fix in mpns's post when I next get a chance.

Thanks again - I'll keep you posted....

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mpni View Post
    Hi
    Have a look here and pearhaps, you can try the fix:
    Regards
    Michel
    https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...=6312&t=142590
    Preliminary testing after altering the the ShadersHLSL/ParticleDraw.fx file indicates the problem is solved. Will update if there's a recurrence, meanwhile awaiting the hotfix.

Thanks again mpni

DaveQ

Update - Recurrence when deck landing the RFN F-8 on the Enterprise, as with the original fail. Removed P3D.cfg file, remade the Particledraw.fx file and all well again (so far). Very flakey...

DaveQ

I got that with 5.1 and also now with 5.2 with a RTX 3080 and i9 10900, I can't understand why this still hasn't been fixed - it talks about Nvidia when you start P3D, so if they have some kind of Nvidia assistance, why is it still happening!

I created a post on their forum for 5.1 DXGI Hung and it ended up being many, many pages long!!

I'm still tracking this one. Pushed some sliders to the right and it came back. Deleting the P3D.cfg file fixed it. My latest guess is bathymetry which I turned on and that caused a 'fail'. But there may be other triggers as well. Running default settings avoids the issue rather than solves it.

DaveQ

Members who have read this thread: 0