The old Quarantine Staion at Portsea.

Thread: The old Quarantine Staion at Portsea.

The old Quarantine Staion at Portsea.

Maybe we should return it to use during COVID lockdowns!

These are the original barracks dating back mid 19th Century IIRC.

Again I'm unsure of the construction date but it was late 19th or early 20th Century.
    Quite typical 'Victorian' style.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I thought the idea of quarantining was to keep people apart from the community for the communities protection. Quarantining in inner city hotels?
    Yeah....
    Right.......

Right on, probably the lesser of two evils in the beginning of the COVID outbreak, but at least the men in the grey suits have finally decided that the purpose built facility proposed for Avalon is the right way to go.
    Just for once the NT used their heads and took over one of the accommodation 'camps' built during the mining boom for quarantine purposes and it has been very successful, and the other States need to do the same.
    COVID is going to be with us for a long time and once it's done we still need to have this type of quarantine protection in place.
    The originals in these photographs were originally in operation to guard against the 'Plague', Diphtheria, Pneumonia and all the 19th and early 20th century nastiness, they were way to small to be of use during the so-called 'Spanish Flu' infection, and were last used (briefly) during the post WW.II
    migration influx as temporary processing centres.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0