New perspective look at the Blue Angels

Thread: New perspective look at the Blue Angels

New perspective look at the Blue Angels

I just watched this Ward Carroll Youtube video today on the Blue Angels, and it was fascinating. I have always been a huge fan of the Blue Angels (who isn't?) and this YT vid gives some really intersting info as well as an inside perspective on a show day as Ward Carroll got to fly in a demo once as a back seater. My favourite line from the video is when the pilot he was flying with said "it may look like we're really close, that's because we're really close"

https://youtu.be/_VV2XzFjzmk
    Last edited by scotth6; June 19th, 2021 at 06:52.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Interesting history on the Blue Angles.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I have been watching many more youtube vids on Ward Carrolls channel, and I highly recommend. He was a Tomcat Rio and instructor, and has some excellent first hand experiences which he shares with lots of detail on the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WardCarroll/videos
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

They were here last weekend for the Pensacola Beach Homecoming show. We didn't go. Never do. I hate crowds! Here are, however, some pictures that were posted on a local forum. NC

GO NAVAIR!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blues3.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	435.3 KB 
ID:	83607

Name:	blues2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	490.1 KB 
ID:	83608

Name:	blues.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	83609

They are coming to town in October for San Francisco Fleet Week! I will second that "Go NAVAIR"!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 0