A request. Or maybe it's just a question: unarmed B-26

Thread: A request. Or maybe it's just a question: unarmed B-26

A request. Or maybe it's just a question: unarmed B-26

Let's face it: converted warbird executive transports from the 50s and 60s are just plain cool. Look at the Howard 250, 350 and 500 and the On Mark Executive and Marketeer (the Executive represented by the "Marksman" FS9 model and Real_Old_Salt's "LAS S26" being a Marketeer). With the SOH Marauder available, is there any way to get an unarmed version to fake into an executive transport, like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000091266.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	83297

Who would I contact to get something like that underway? Full disclosure: I am useless with 3D modeling programs myself, although I know my way around Illustrator and Photoshop quite well. I spend most of my FSX time cruising around the CalClassic 1959-ish world, and having a Marauder to go with my Howards and On Marks would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    Let's face it: converted warbird executive transports from the 50s and 60s are just plain cool. Look at the Howard 250, 350 and 500 and the On Mark Executive and Marketeer (the Executive represented by the "Marksman" FS9 model and Real_Old_Salt's "LAS S26" being a Marketeer). With the SOH Marauder available, is there any way to get an unarmed version to fake into an executive transport, like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000091266.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	148.5 KB 
ID:	83297

Who would I contact to get something like that underway? Full disclosure: I am useless with 3D modeling programs myself, although I know my way around Illustrator and Photoshop quite well. I spend most of my FSX time cruising around the CalClassic 1959-ish world, and having a Marauder to go with my Howards and On Marks would be awesome.

Hi,
    In principle, modelers do not create models to please but to please themselves. Sharing is another thing. Of course the professionals do according to the market! Good luck for your requst!
    JMC

Although a very nice, freeware B-26 is available, it is no easy task to overhaul the 3-D model and alter the texture sheets. The FS9 A-26B, A-26C, B-26K/On Mark Marksman project was unique and a very rare occurrence in the flight sim world.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2023
    Shoot Milton a message on here. I think he's pretty free with his source files. Just need a modeler to make the changes. (Not me, I can't use GMax)
    You can't take the sky from me...

I have uploaded all of my projects' gmax source to FSDeveloper.com in the Resources section. Anyone may download, alter, improve, or redo them as they wish without further permissions from me.

Both the FS9 and FSX native versions are there and available.

I have retired from modeling and FS. All my stuff has been archived, shared, or put away in storage.

Good luck with your request.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 0