Raindrop

Thread: Raindrop

Raindrop

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Effects Add-ons

Description: Was messing around with the "raindrop" texture and this was the result that was the most pleasing to me, hope that you enjoy.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Raindrop
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks mksystem, nice to know someone is still tinkering with this Sim's eye-candy.

Looks like it will be a nice effect. Thanks for this.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks MK.The visual is great, but I've had to go without rain from the beginning. The sound doesn't work for me. Never has. I've checked the sound files and there is nothing wrong with those. Sound is just as it should be. But, for some reason, in the game it just sounds like a continuous buzzing, not the splatter of rain drops. It's the same in all my installs. Very distracting. So, I've just had to do without. Not a big problem.

Many thanks MK, just tried it out, and yes like it!

Worthless,
    You do realise that you could just remove (and keep safe) or rename the raindrop sound effect, and hey-presto, no annoying buzzing sound. So you have the great visual rain effect and no noise, which is more realistic really, as you wouldn't hear the rain hitting the ac with a headset on and dirty great engine(s) thrashing away.

Cheers

Shessi

p.s Oh MK I've got a surprise for you...

Thanks MK! Can't wait to try these out in a raid on Rabaul in Sara campaign - during a thunderstorm.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Many thanks MK, just tried it out, and yes like it!

Worthless,
    You do realise that you could just remove (and keep safe) or rename the raindrop sound effect, and hey-presto, no annoying buzzing sound. So you have the great visual rain effect and no noise, which is more realistic really, as you wouldn't hear the rain hitting the ac with a headset on and dirty great engine(s) thrashing away.

Cheers

Shessi

p.s Oh MK I've got a surprise for you...
    No! I didn't realize. What a handy suggestion. I never bothered with it before. Now, I've just done a little investigation. The c1prec4 file appears to be the culprit. Remove it and no buzz. Of course there is no sound either, but as you suggest, with all the other ancillary racket going on rain drops are the last thing you would hear. Thanks!

can someone upload a screenshot with the New Raindrops?

Icon22 Reply...

Mksystem,

What a unique and interesting effect, thank you very much!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0