Asobo and Oliver (Not) Fischer JU-52 for MSFS Released 9/28
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Asobo and Oliver (Not) Fischer JU-52 for MSFS Released 9/28

Asobo and Oliver (Not) Fischer JU-52 for MSFS Released 9/28

...at least, I think so? They only referred to him as "Oliver" and mentioned that he developed a JU-52 for older sims.

Coming this August along with World Update V: Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Per Live Dev Q&A: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1059056931

Assuming it is indeed the right guy, Oliver created a wonderful model of the Junkers for FS9 that eventually made its way to FSX.

Mod Edit: It has been confirmed that Asobo is partnering with a different Oliver other than Mr. Fischer.
    Mod Edit 2: This is now available on the in-sim Marketplace
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; October 1st, 2021 at 15:46. Reason: Status updated

Absolutely wonderful news! I really enjoyed his Bucker Jungman in FS2004 as well.

That is good to hear. I have already ported his Tante Ju to MSFS, and it is not an especially easy or clean port, but still fun. I would absolutely pay for a proper conversion, better still one that is upgraded.

August

Although they didn't go into great detail, they mentioned that there will be multiple versions of the Ju-52, and its sounds like there will be both BMW engined and P&W engined variants, each with their own sound package of recordings from both BMW and P&W powered Ju-52's. I especially like when it is mentioned that they aim to make it the most definitive and accurate Ju-52 possible, with absolutely no compromises or cut-corners.

Could be Oliver Moser, he did the Xplane payware Ju52, I have it and it's very good
    http://www.oliver-edmund-moser.de/flightsimulation.html

This news really makes my day. I thoroughly enjoying Mr. Fischer's previous releases of this iconic bird. Still my favourite old iron for low and slow.
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Could be Oliver Moser, he did the Xplane payware Ju52, I have it and it's very good
    http://www.oliver-edmund-moser.de/flightsimulation.html
    Yeah, and that looks fairly similar to the model showed on the stream, particularly the interior.

I blame Jorg, he only introduced him as "Oliver" and mentioned that he made a Ju52 for "earlier versions of flight sim".

There is some discussion on the forums surrounding this topic, no one seems 100% sure who "Oliver" is

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up..

Cant wait!

(however bug of prop animation is present )

The team is also proud to announce a new series of releases called “Local Legends” that will frequently coincide with World Updates. These aircrafts are famous in the region of the world update, but often are not as well known to a worldwide audience. For World Update VI, we chose a famous German plane from 1930 called the Junkers JU-52.
    In Germany, the Junkers JU-52 is lovingly called “Tante JU” or “Aunt JU.” The team has gone to great lengths to recreate the plane as authentically and accurately as possible. We scanned the entire plane with a high-resolution digital scanner to achieve an extremely high level of detail and accuracy. We were fortunate to have the support of Bernd Junkers, the grandson of the original designer, Hugo Junkers, and also worked with an organization that preserves one of the last surviving examples of this famous plane. To ensure complete accuracy, we consulted with one of the few pilots who flew one of the last Junkers JU-52. The Junkers JU-52 will be available in the simulator on September 7th for $14.99
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Really curious about what they will include in the package. Will it only feature the pratt & whitney fitted variants or also the ones with the original BMW engines?

As it sounds in the subtext they might perhaps have consulted the Ju-Air who ran the original engined machines until the tragic accident a few years ago.

Having enjoyed two flights in different Ju52s this is really THE big thing for me for MSFS and patience is not one of my virtues...

Alex

"Earlier version" of the sim, from an MSFS developper, cannot technically be XPlane.
    Earlier versions of MSFS are FSX or FS9.
    Then I would think he was referring to Oliver Fischer.
    But who knows...

Oh, I'm pretty sure this is the handiwork of Oliver Fischer. I had his Ju-52 in FS9 and it was a joy to fly!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Would love to have this bird. Got her in fsx and p3d...my first flight was in a Ju-52 in Ota Air Base, back in 1964 were I served as a maintenance mechanic and later as Flight Engineer. Difficult to start, have to inject fuel 15 times for each engine we pushed a kind of knob using our leg and foot. Sometimes we will get fire in carburettor intake. Usually use an inertia electric engine, listen to the proper sound pitch and pull a knob to start engine. Sometimes have to climb up behind the engine, wait for the proper sound pitch and pull an iron wire handle . Then you just slide down the wing. Was fun...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ju-52 02.jpg   Ju-52 01.jpg   Ju-52 03.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    Really curious about what they will include in the package. Will it only feature the pratt & whitney fitted variants or also the ones with the original BMW engines?
    Notice also Hamilton Standard propellers (with 3 blades even), yes, its a modern version of Tante Ju. A little pity but first day purchase for me.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Considering the decent price and the preview - quite obviously featuring the Lufthansa D-AQUI - this might definetely be the modern version. Since all the remaining Ju-Air planes are also equiped with the P&W engines recently, this is fine.

But either way a must have for me.

Junkers will be 9th of September, not 7th like the whole SU6:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/sept...A4FybMQ_LjKmYo

Forget about Junkers in this week:

Junkers JU-52, was set to release on Thursday. The team has decided to postpone the Junkers JU-52 a few weeks in order to polish a few remaining bugs present in the aircraft. We will announce the release date shortly as well. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yes it's also been confirmed this is NOT from Oliver Fischer but another Oliver.. maybe a mod could alter the title or perhaps a new thread is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Forget about Junkers in this week:
    Fine with me...anyway will only buy it if with the original BMW engines, 2 blade propellers...back to 1964...my first flight ever

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    maybe a mod could alter the title or perhaps a new thread is needed?
    Gotcha covered...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Gotcha covered...
    lol, it's perfect. Thank you.

Its the new date of release: https://www.flightsimulator.com/sept...ZiUmVG42fuLQZ4

28th of September.

Its coming ... I hope! I hope this date is still valid, it's Tuesday.

Yeah, I've been counting down the days too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Yeah, I've been counting down the days too.
    According the last Dev.op. from 23/09 - 28/09 is still ok for Asobo, so there is hope .

https://msfs-cdn.azureedge.net/wp-co...9/Slide1-2.jpg

Members who have read this thread: 0