Asobo and Oliver (Not) Fischer JU-52 for MSFS Released 9/28 - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Asobo and Oliver (Not) Fischer JU-52 for MSFS Released 9/28

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    The Microsoft Store version is failing for some of us as well.

This house of cards is fragile enough without trying to balance it on top of Steam as well.
    The reason the house of cards is so fragile is because of the Microsoft Store. I know my advocacy for Steam is probably getting annoying at this point but it really is just better. No issues installing updates, no hidden files or inaccessible folders and all your in-game purchases are done via Steam, who have absolutely wonderful customer support and everything works just as expected.

On the the topic of the Junkers I am very pleased with it. This is sort of the sweet spot for me in terms of price point and fidelity. There aren't any third party developers who can match the 3d modelling and sound design that Asobo include in their aircraft. I enjoy the way it flies. I have no idea if it's "realistic" or not and frankly I don't really care, it flies how I would expect it to. Basically, if I have fun flying it and it behaves how I would expect an aircraft of that size and in that configuration would, I'm happy. For less than $20 you can't go wrong.

Now, can some of the owners shed some light here? Do the cabin doors open on this model?

BR,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Now, can some of the owners shed some light here? Do the cabin doors open on this model?

BR,

Seawing
    Yes, the main cabin door opens as well as the overhead window and the side windows. And yes, that changes the sound. Each window makes for a different sound change because it's near a different engine. Opening all three gets it "as loud as it gets". Which is too soft in my opinion and the opinion of many others. The sound design is top notch except for the volume issue, which I think they'll fix in the first update.

Overall I'm very pleased, it's well done except for a few minor issues, it has character, and it's fun to fly for anyone into classic aviation. The 1939 version is delightfully weird but functional, with a 1930s style AP that will only hold a heading, and a version of German 1930s radio navigation.

Dutch

now it looks nice, but I am totally unimpressed with the choice of paintschemes, not a single historic scheme included. I'm not sure if it is possible to repaint it since it seems to work with decals for the registration, and I can't find the decal file. This was something that annoyed me with the original default asobo aircraft, and here they do it again. Looks good as a model, flies ok I guess, but I move it to the back of the hangar for now

jk8205 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Sad but so true. This plane was supposed to be tied to the Germany/Austria/Switzerland WU so you would think we would get some accurate skins for the region, or any of the hundreds of great historical paints available, instead we get a set of skins that a bored 12-year-old might make up. And no help for the talented user community to create new ones. Definitely the least impressive thing about this plane.

August

Why not sticky.... it was released already 28/09.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looking forward to an update fixing all the animation errors (there are actually quite a lot of them), allow repaints and maybe include some documentation about the "autopilot" in the 1939 version. Or has anybody managed to get that thing working?
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    Yes, the main cabin door opens as well as the overhead window and the side windows. And yes, that changes the sound. Each window makes for a different sound change because it's near a different engine. Opening all three gets it "as loud as it gets". Which is too soft in my opinion and the opinion of many others. The sound design is top notch except for the volume issue, which I think they'll fix in the first update.

Overall I'm very pleased, it's well done except for a few minor issues, it has character, and it's fun to fly for anyone into classic aviation. The 1939 version is delightfully weird but functional, with a 1930s style AP that will only hold a heading, and a version of German 1930s radio navigation.

Dutch
    Hi Dutch,

thanks for the info! I will seriously consider buying it.

Best regards,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Why not sticky.... it was released already 28/09.
    Sorry - been dealing with all the 3rd party stuff to make sure they got their due and then a bunch of stress in the real world. Consider it stuck!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post

Dutch
    Hi Dutch,

how did you get the main cabin door to open?

Cheers,

Seawing

I finally have it. Yep very nice model and in VR the cockpit ('39) looks very nice and well done (however few things like brakes/rudder and flaps in the real Ju works a little different from the cockpit). For this price is really good decision. I didnt fly more yet and didnt check systems. Just short test.
    But what annoys me are the wheels in version 39. They made a mistake here. The wheels are thin, and they put new ones in the 39 version.

Modern - its ok:

But the orginal Tante Ju has this:

this issue is very visible.

Here Junkers presents his wheel and tire quite well :

btw. I added it to Zendesk as a bug.
    Last edited by YoYo; October 2nd, 2021 at 22:34.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

And something is wrong with shaft of propeller with higher RPM, looks like this :

But what annoys me are the wheels in version 39. They made a mistake here. The wheels are thin, and they put new ones in the 39 version...
    I think the 3d model was developed with the restored and modernized Lufthansa D-AQUI in mind and the "vintage" version is more of an afterthought.
    The detail and accuracy of the German instrumentation isn't really great either.
    There is one single gauge casing developed which suits as a blueprint for all gauges, and this one is very simplified and of a plain wrong construction and shape. Slipballs floating wihtout surrounding glass, flat painted mounting screws allover not even bump-mapped, a pneumatic-electrical compass that acts like a simple whisky compass, "always-on" funky white backlight at night on all gauges which is just a copy of the daylight texture while there should be some greenish radium glow on selected markers only, the list goes on...
    Do I enjoy the plane? Yes, I do! It's great value for 15 bucks and big fun to fly around. On the other hand it's an official MS addon and at least in the vintage version they should have jumped a bit higher than they did, after all they claimed absolute accuracy and realism for this bird.
    Okay, rant of, back to flying my Iron Annie.
    Mathias

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Do I love this model? Yes, I do!

I think it is beautiful!

I see and agree with all of the "points" stated above.

I'm not a real world pilot, nor do I work in the aviation industry, but I do love everything that is part of that.

I'll post that I think something is amiss with the position/view of the pilot's seat. I use TrackIR 5. I enter the cockpit and scoot my seat as far forward as I can go. I look down to make sure my position is correct in the seat. I now look up and turn my head to the left where I should see at least the full length of the engine cowling and the prop. Nope!

I hop over into the co-pilot's seat and repeat the same process for getting my butt in the correct spot and then I look to my left, towards the pilot's seat, and extend my neck upward like a giraffe and there she is.... the left engine is in the correct spot

I've looked at videos and photographs of the Junker 52 and the relationship of the cockpit and engines and I absolutely DO NOT want this to be that old tiresome rant that has grown like a "poison ivy" vine in many of the flight sim forums of the years " I can't see the wing from the cockpit"

I'll take her as she is.

I also noticed that when I was fooling around with taxiing on the power of the nose engine only I got a beautiful prop windmilling effect of the engines on the wings when I got her up to certain speed

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    .... just did a little more testing, sitting in the "landing" position gives a more appropriate view of the left engine cowling and prop, but when you look straight down at your seat, you are far too forward. It is fixable.

And on some angles (with the Sun) the prop discs looks very poor, the transparent texture here was done wrong:

however I like it a lot. In VR the cockpit has right size and looks very nice. Ju-52 is a obligatory plane for me like DC-3 in each sim .

Finally a Luftwaffe paint job. Sure you all know, available at https://pt.flightsim.to
    Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.10.03 - 16.45.07.69.png  

Next problem - FM, its a big plane, yep, but it flies (descent especially) like a .... glider ;>. Drag of the model is too small.

Never really understood the appeal of flying around pretending to be a Nazi but to each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Never really understood the appeal of flying around pretending to be a Nazi but to each their own I guess.
    This is a long topic that is not worth discussing because it has already been discussed 1000 times, but you can conclude that someone is not supposed to pretend to be a Nazi, he flies like a pilot of the model with realistic repainting. Thats all and it's better not to look for a second bottom here I suppose.
    Its not my skin but I have made dozens of swastikas on my skins or models kit and do not consider myself a Nazi, but a model maker.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Some intelligent people use to call it Historic Reality. Real facts of past times.
    Be safe, over and out

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Some intelligent people use to call it Historic Reality. Real facts of past times.
    Be safe, over and out
    Yes, but there's a difference between third-person history ("I know and acknowledge that it existed") and first-person history ("I want to participate in it.")

Also - some of us choose not to fly the Swastika not because we're in denial about history but because we're overly familiar with it. In fact, that history and my family's are quite bound up with each other.

That said, if people want to fly historically accurate paints, they should by all means have at it. Just understand we have our reasons, too.

Be safe as well - all best!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

This is a long topic that is not worth discussing because it has already been discussed 1000 times, but you can conclude that someone is not supposed to pretend to be a Nazi, he flies like a pilot of the model with realistic repainting. Thats all and it's better not to look for a second bottom here I suppose.
    Its not my skin but I have made dozens of swastikas on my skins or models kit and do not consider myself a Nazi, but a model maker.
    Right, I get wanting to fly a historically accurate livery. In combat scenarios, I see the appeal in flying historically accurate combat missions in their appropriate aircraft and markings. That I understand very well.

What I don't understand is why people choose to fly aircraft sporting Nazi imagery outside of some sort of combat or other scenario set during the period of Nazi Germany, that's all. There are historically accurate liveries that were not used by Nazi's as well. So why choose to represent the Nazi's?

As Alan said, if that's what you are into then please, by all means go right ahead. I'm not saying this repaint shouldn't exist or anything like that and I'm not judging anyone, I genuinely just don't understand the appeal.

Members who have read this thread: 0