PMDG DC-6 this friday - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PMDG DC-6 this friday

i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Ok- you seem to be in the aeroplane now.... what isn't working? Have you read any of the documentation and watched any of the videos available to assist you?

Good Morning,
    PMDG was very fair,they offer a Refund...
    but i ask,
    can we wait wat happen after the update wat is in work ?
    maybee it work then,were a shame to give up now?
    i spend the hole day to give infos and try..........i had this one for p3d and miss it .
    so now i want it to work!!!

for them OK

also Windows did a Update this Night
    https://www.ghacks.net/2021/06/14/kb...game-pass-app/
    and a lot other,net framework etc.

the best i am in the air now

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    Good Morning,
    PMDG was very fair,they offer a Refund...
    but i ask,
    can we wait wat happen after the update wat is in work ?
    maybee it work then,were a shame to give up now?
    i spend the hole day to give infos and try..........i had this one for p3d and miss it .
    so now i want it to work!!!

for them OK

also Windows did a Update this Night
    https://www.ghacks.net/2021/06/14/kb...game-pass-app/
    and a lot other,net framework etc.

the best i am in the air now
    Good to hear- they're a good bunch.

TAKE YOUR TIME- read the INTRO and some of the Flight Manual while you are relaxing and then, together with your prior experience, RELY on the AFE. That should have you up and running.

You would not believe the amount of persons who installed MSFS and tried the DC-6 as their first addon. Amazing.

She is an incredible simulation of a glorious age in flight.

C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    You would not believe the amount of persons who installed MSFS and tried the DC-6 as their first addon. Amazing.
    Now that is what I call ambitious!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

jk5909 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5841 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5886 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5924 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

what can I say? Very pretty aircraft, and easy to fly too, I even managed a landing (sort of..)
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    jk5909 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    jk5886 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    what can I say? Very pretty aircraft, and easy to fly too, I even managed a landing (sort of..)
    Hi Jankees, that Delta Air Transport (from my home town, based in Deurne at the time) is magnificent! Brings back memories!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

@jankees- this is the sort of thing I've been WAITING for TEAL is a LOVELY color

C

The cause for CTD's has been identified and an update will be released early this coming week. For now the workaround is to turn OFF multiplayer.
    https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...fs-multiplayer
    I worked for me!
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Here’s a fun real-life video that is a great behind-the-scenes on DC-6 airliner ops in 1950.

https://youtu.be/MiA6K4ZU1b8

Someone in need of a "Mac"?

Love the high resolution of 3 time 4096x4096.

Marcel

USAF VC-118A 53-3240 is available. I choose the community way of installation. Hope you like it.

https://flightsim.to/file/16678/usaf...force-one-1962

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    USAF VC-118A 53-3240 is available. I choose the community way of installation. Hope you like it.
    https://flightsim.to/file/16678/usaf...force-one-1962
    Did you put in some "fake" windows or did i miss a model?

Marcel

Marcel, there are different external model variations. For instance, the DC-6B model that the included 'United' paint scheme and some of the other airliner paint schemes use has lots of windows.

John is right, but all the VC-118A are using cargo door compartments, so I decided to use DC-6A with fake windows like the real one had. Works in most cases nice.

Thomas

I was flying this thing in/around a thunderstorm today, and it felt like trying to control a barge in rough seas. I just love the way it 'feels' in the air - it seems very natural/realistic to how it should feel with amount of surface area and weight. I was almost blown into the side of a mountain, which was a bit scary too - it takes quite a bit of airspace to get this thing turned around.

all still work in progress:
    jk5935 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5959 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5972 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5970 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

It's Father's Day, so I'm going to pull out my Dad's old RCAF log books and duplicate a flight he took in the North Star ( DC-6) in 1952 up to Frobisher Bay to service an injured Lancaster. Happy Father's Day dads!

Beautiful screens in here guys. I feel like MSFS has just got a big piece of what was missing with this addon. Took her from Lelystadt for a few passes over the Eau Rouge at the Spa Francorchamps race track and finally to Aachen Mastricht which is the closest airport to my real place where she can fit (except for Geilenkirchen AB). I understand the Localizer option of the Gyropilot now, still have issues with the speed governors. Well, glad to still have things to wonder about.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Another very enjoyable flight around the Twin Cities this evening. #2 wasn't performing as well as the other three, so I did some preventative maintenance after this flight.

As usual....PMDG delivers top quality. BEST flying airplane to date in MSFS, in my experience. Interesting that there are no C-118 paints like were provided in the P3D version.

Still...a WONDERFUL machine. I managed to get it off the ground, around the pattern, and back down in one piece...but I need to read the manual before I try more.

Now....if we can just get the Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 and Flight Replicas DC-4/C-54 released for MSFS...we'll be in classic prop liner heaven!

Kent

Hi Thomas & John,

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    John is right, but all the VC-118A are using cargo door compartments, so I decided to use DC-6A with fake windows like the real one had. Works in most cases nice.
    I see, yes i did notice the different "A" en "B" models. Indeed like the VC-118A the one i'm paiting is a sort of a "combi" model, so with the cargo-doors yet still with lot of windows (less then the "passenger" mode).

Marcel

Leave it to me to provide a dumb answer to a smart question. The extra windows do look very convincing, Thomas!

I just uploaded a few paints on the .to site:
    jk5922 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5905 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5964 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

The TAL to follow soon..

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    As usual....PMDG delivers top quality. BEST flying airplane to date in MSFS, in my experience. Interesting that there are no C-118 paints like were provided in the P3D version.

Still...a WONDERFUL machine. I managed to get it off the ground, around the pattern, and back down in one piece...but I need to read the manual before I try more.

Now....if we can just get the Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 and Flight Replicas DC-4/C-54 released for MSFS...we'll be in classic prop liner heaven!

Kent
    Hey Kent! Hope all's been well with you Sir! I agree, I was a little stumped the C-118 and VC-118 (Independence) liveries weren't in the stack as well but hopefully they will show up sometime in the near future. I agree, PMDG hit a home run here and it's great to see FS2020 maturing as such which in my opinion is perhaps a bit ahead of the long development curve that plagued FSX and P3D at various intervals during their insipient and intermediate stages.

It's so good to finally see a simulator with the visuals for both the aircraft and scenery and with very reasonably priced addons and nice freeware showing up as well. I missed the DC-6 more than any other model leaving P3D behind but I'm good now!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like all the extra bare metal on this, Jan Kees! Here are just a few shots from a flight from St. Thomas to St. Kitts.

Members who have read this thread: 0