PMDG DC-6 this friday - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PMDG DC-6 this friday

The open windows are for the start. You won't need them open to smile at 50" or greater.

Where are the additional liveries and the manual? Instructions say in "Operations Center" but mine opens to a blank black page. Nothing available , no liveries or manual in file folder.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

to bad to see all this nice Pictures and i can not use my DC6

get no Refund,and at moment no fix..............so i have to wait for someone to fix it.....

if it work for you,have fun

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    John-I hope you noticed the start has been tweaked to be correct-Electric Power (Pref. GP) EstablishedLights & BeltsBeaconInverters x 3Generators x 4Start Switch to 3Main Fuel Pump 3 on lowFuel Pressure verifiedCrank 3At 9 blades Mags to bothIgnition BoostPrimeEngine catchesMixture to Auto Lean and then Auto RichStart Switch to 4... and so on.
    Yeah, I spent a half an hour reviewing some of the tutorial videos again, before I ever "stepped foot in" the sim, which definitely helped. I have to say that everything went perfectly well on my first attempt at starting the engines and the whole first flight. The only thing that went slightly awry was that when I thought I was turning on the wingtip position lights, I actually turned on the wing illumination lights (two very different things), but I "solved" that once I was in the air and noticed what I had done wrong.

For anyone who has trouble starting an engine:

- Make sure the fuel pressure gauges are reading that you have fuel pressure going to that engine (fuel booster pump on low and mixture Auto Lean).
    - Make sure the ignition switch is turned to both.
    - If you have electrical power on, but the prop doesn't turn when you press the starter switch, it will most likely be because the Engine Selector switch isn't pointing to that engine.

If none of this works, then check the maintenance log for any mechanical problems.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    to bad to see all this nice Pictures and i can not use my DC6

get no Refund,and at moment no fix..............so i have to wait for someone to fix it.....

if it work for you,have fun
    Banjoman-

You have been frustrated from the very beginning I'm sorry. Please go for a walk, have a beer, whatever.

Later let's try the following. UNINSTALL THE DC-6

EMPTY your community folder of EVERYTHING.

For now just COPY it to your desktop- then delete the folder

Start MSFS- it will make you a new one

Fly a default aircraft to make sure all your control mappings are correct

Exit MSFS

Download and install the DC-6 (remember whatever you did to stop blocking the pop-ups)

Start MSFS

Select the DC-6 and fly

DOES IT WORK?

If so you can add back your addons- ONE AT A TIME to figure out what's crashing your sim.

Use the EXCELLENT Addon program by @Bad_T available at https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker. Then with ONE click you can have an empty Community folder.

When you fly enable only the addons you need, in the areas you need (1 or 2 clicks with the PRESET function) and enjoy. You won't need to knit a sweater whilst waiting for MSFS to load.

When we get the next SIM update- ONE click disables ALL your addons and leaves you with an empty Community folder.

Brilliant Mod.

HTH- don't forget to decompress FIRST.

C

Banjoman-

You have been frustrated from the very beginning I'm sorry. Please go for a walk, have a beer, whatever.

Later let's try the following. UNINSTALL THE DC-6

EMPTY your community folder of EVERYTHING.

For now just COPY it to your desktop- then delete the folder

Start MSFS- it will make you a new one

Fly a default aircraft to make sure all your control mappings are correct

Exit MSFS

Download and install the DC-6 (remember whatever you did to stop blocking the pop-ups)

Start MSFS

Select the DC-6 and fly

DOES IT WORK?

If so you can add back your addons- ONE AT A TIME to figure out what's crashing your sim.

Use the EXCELLENT Addon program by @Bad_T available at https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker. Then with ONE click you can have an empty Community folder.

When you fly enable only the addons you need, in the areas you need (1 or 2 clicks with the PRESET function) and enjoy. You won't need to knit a sweater whilst waiting for MSFS to load.

When we get the next SIM update- ONE click disables ALL your addons and leaves you with an empty Community folder.

Brilliant Mod.

HTH- don't forget to decompress FIRST.

C
    i sit here over 6 hourīs now and try to fix this via support .

try every think they say,post pictures,install Driver and wait for the next answer wat maybee get that fixed........
    DOES IT WORK? Sorry,no.........
    glad it work for the most here, so have Fun! more Beer is not good.......but i have a break now....

Just like starting my Lotus on a cold winter morning. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Just like starting my Lotus on a cold winter morning. ;-)
    Classic! Thanks, I needed that.

C

From what I’ve read, multiplayer is causing some of the CTDs. If you are getting them, try turning off multiplayer in settings for now.

so what do I do if the download won't start after I used the verification code?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Check our your brower allows pop-ups. Took me a few seconds to noticed Firefox gave a warning that the site wanted to start a pop-up (to supply the download link).

Marcel

use edg for this..........

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Check our your brower allows pop-ups. Took me a few seconds to noticed Firefox gave a warning that the site wanted to start a pop-up (to supply the download link).

Marcel
    I checked, and gave PMDG an exception

ah, I submitted a ticket with PMDG and suddenly it works....go figure, only took 9 attempts
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I checked, and gave PMDG an exception

ah, I submitted a ticket with PMDG and suddenly it works....go figure, only took 9 attempts
    Same here, I had to go to bed so I checked this morning, still nothing until I hit "resend code" about 4 times, then I got the download. Problem with the install is that it installs on the C: drive without options of putting it elsewhere. I use the Addon Linker so nothing but shortcuts in my Community folder to an outside folder. I cut and pasted the main folder into my Addons Library and immediately " error reading .json file" so, I might have to do a bit of manual redirecting after work today...

Ok, I have MSFS installed in my 2 pc (second residence) via my Microsoft account, bought it in store. No problems installing my only two purchases Mb 339 and Fiat G91 on both. Stearman not yet checked. Will I be able to install this one Dc-6 in both machines ? Thanks

Darn only did one flight and the paintbrush is out of the can...

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    Same here, I had to go to bed so I checked this morning, still nothing until I hit "resend code" about 4 times, then I got the download. Problem with the install is that it installs on the C: drive without options of putting it elsewhere. I use the Addon Linker so nothing but shortcuts in my Community folder to an outside folder. I cut and pasted the main folder into my Addons Library and immediately " error reading .json file" so, I might have to do a bit of manual redirecting after work today...
    That's odd, it didn't give me any option where to install it either but it went straight into my MSFS community folder on my D drive.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

it does not work,but look right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unbenannt.JPG  

No problems with the install.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    it does not work,but look right
    Ok- you seem to be in the aeroplane now.... what isn't working? Have you read any of the documentation and watched any of the videos available to assist you?

Ok- you seem to be in the aeroplane now.... what isn't working? Have you read any of the documentation and watched any of the videos available to assist you?
    i canīt fly,but load short to check paint.........better than nothing.....
    man that bird look nice,had it on p3d......
    look like they wotk on this........wish i can fly this

I did a long flight (long for me) from Anchorage to Nome, Alaska this afternoon, through live weather. It makes it even more adventurous when you know things might not always work out alright with the aircraft systems/engines.

I devoted one hour to do a classic '60s Athens-Thesalloniki trip with the kind help of the brilliant AFE. I am a GA-military type so I never had any PMDG products in FSX-P3D. This one is a joy though, I must admit. I see myself spending more time in the future.

Under the Greek sun:

Olympic Airways over the actual Mount Olympos:

I am working on my older repaints - but will be available in Community. The Ops Center is not a good idea in my opinion.

Thomas

Today's flight was a bit more eventful. Had troubles on engine #1 at some point (all gauges in low position, no response, no power). Tried feathering it but no success. Was thinking about aborting the flight and performing an emergency landing due to possibly no oil pressure in a milling engine. Than I remembered that I might have hit a fire extinguisher while looking around with the mouse. That fixed the engine and brought it back to life, but it looks like I did some damage allready as the engine was still delivering less power. Continued the flight (Daytona Beach to Key West along the coast) and the sun set earlier than expected. While landing it was almost dark but with good runway lights I set her down smoothly even if a fair bit behind the numbers. Also need to check the navigation / autopilot interaction as some things didn't behave exactly as I expected. Passengers got some extra flight time due to some circles.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Members who have read this thread: 0