PMDG DC-6 this friday - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PMDG DC-6 this friday

GOT IT !!!

Have no words yet. Just installed with all liveries. First there's still the 5 Gig World Update to install.

By the way this PMDG masterpiece is downloaded, registered, installed and presented i can already see what a class act this is.

Sorry to read that it doesn't have to be this way always.... ( i have ultrafast internet and bought MSFS via Steam)

Good luck gents !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    First there's still the 5 Gig World Update to install.
    Bad planning, Jan😂👍🏻
    But I'm sure you will enjoy it in a minute.
    Got mine downloaded as well. Loading a flight on the ramp at EHAM.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

So what does one do after buying? Wait for a download link to be emailed? Nothing yet after more than 30'. Account in site says that the order is completed but nothing more, no link there. If it is just to wait more I don't mind, just to know how it works.

I wasn't originally planning to get this but I couldn't resist.

I haven't attempted to fly it yet but I have had a good look at it in Sim.

First off in the hanger the views seem to flip about all over the place often pointing down through the floor of the hanger instead of focusing on the plane.
    I also can't click the button to manually pan around the external view.

I then loaded on to the runway and put on my Oculus Rift for a good look round the cockpit, gauges and stuff look really nice, maybe a little too nice, it needs a bit of wear and tear. I'm sure the paint gurus can fix that though.

Then I noticed that the sound deadening and all the details on them are just flat textures, very early FSXish.
    I'm a bit disappointed in that, I thought we'd progressed past that stage.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Download and order went fine for me, price was lower than what I expected, seems to be quite fair. Everything is installed and ready as it seems. Quick look at the manual as this is my first PMDG product and than I should be ready to head out!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

@ Dimus : Yes, you should get an email with license code and download link, Dimus. Got mine almost instantly.

@ Robcap : Yes, Rob, i'm at EHAM too, East, in front of the DDA hangar where we spend a few glorious hours for real in the cockpit of PH-DDS, remember ?

I really have no words to say yet, completely gobsmacked, knocked of my socks and rocker, hard to believe this is 'real' and i'm not dreaming. For me this got to be the most beautiful, wonderous and exiting collection of pixels i have ever, ever seen unfolding before my still unbelieving eyes...

Say, Rob, don't you have a bit of reading to do first before opening up them throttles ??... I mean, i even have no clue yet how to unlock the controls...

I am going to need atleast a whole day to re-familiarize myself with this "It just can't get any better" flightsimming extravaganza ! I do remember the PMDG DC-6 from FSX of course but this is a whole new ball game ! While reading the manuals and re-watching the video tuts i'll take a few more flying lessons in my beloved Stearman.

Cheers,
    Captain Visser Esquire

I'm getting a bad name here....

" Hey!! Flying Dutchboy !! Get that rusty old crate off of my runway !! This is no playground ! Professionals only here !!"

now i get ctd when i use this plane.........this is very disapointing.......

video

Spectacular looking..!

Hey Jan,
    I did a quick circuit, more luck than knowledge.
    Now I will go read the manuals and the check the videos.
    Yeah, happy days at the DDA.
    And didn't we get to spend time in the Aviodrome Connie later?
    So, back to the books and tomorrow a new attempt to do it right.
    Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

My flight went quite well with some minor issues. I coulnd't request a landing at Daytona Tower, so I had to land unannounced. I don't know if there is a possibility to go from Cruise back to Climb Power with the AFE? As I descended to take a quick peek at Cape Caneveral and wanted to ascend again I did it slowly in Cruise mode. No big issue anyway as I'd set it up myself, but I didn't really bother to learn all the numbers as I wanted to make the AFE earn his money All in all this is hard to describe. Starting the engines was nice, tried it with too little primer at first, but as everything else looked good, I added some more fuel and those big radials came to life, purring like a kitten. As said before, I lined it up on the long grass runway at Fantasy of Flight, gave the AFE the go word and thundered down the grass. A very gentle pull on the yoke to make it fly, a slightly bigger pull to clear those power lines. Slow turn around and a low pass over the runway and the museum. The sound of it all and the heavy feeling of the aircraft are done incredibly. The visuals are a pure work of art, no other word really fits here. Than slow climb over to the cape, a circle around the assembly building, checking out what they have on the launch pads. Back to climb, following GPS towards Daytona. Everything fit again more or less with a wide approach over the ocean. Power setting on manual for the final I had to find the right power for the glide in. Came in a bit low at first, but it responded nicely to my corrections. Greased it down on the runway just behind the numbers. Maybe a bit more flaps would have been nice, but with the long runway at Daytone Intl. it was quite okay on 20°. Might be a good idea to hit the books and get some more information for manual operation. Also to understand how all the system work out in the background of course. I'd carefully say that this is worth every penny (maybe even twice over) if you like those vintage propliners with some system background.

I really loved my version from P3Dv4 but they hit this version out of the ballpark! This model shows that high end models shine in FS2020 which IMO solidifies the Sim as the ultimate version up to now. I can't wait for the 737NG3 to come out which I understand isn't too far off. Until then, this beauty is going to keep me very happy!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One of the easiest flying aircraft in MSFS so far. Was expecting more ground effect upon landing and some tire screech. Now for some reading.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Consider me thoroughly impressed! I just completed a very nice hour-long flight around the Twin Cities this evening, taking off from St. Paul Downtown/Holman Field and eventually landing at Flying Cloud. I decided I would do a full cold start-up on this first flight as well.

I am so glad that our esteemed colleagues seem to be enjoying her. This collection of antique aircraft enthusiasts is near and dear to my heart, and to know that most of you are impressed does me good. I’ve been working with PMDG since the MD-11 and this release is very special to me.Now, we just need the artists to grab their brushes...Best- C

John-I hope you noticed the start has been tweaked to be correct-Electric Power (Pref. GP) EstablishedLights & BeltsBeaconInverters x 3Generators x 4Start Switch to 3Main Fuel Pump 3 on lowFuel Pressure verifiedCrank 3At 9 blades Mags to bothIgnition BoostPrimeEngine catchesMixture to Auto Lean and then Auto RichStart Switch to 4... and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    So what does one do after buying? Wait for a download link to be emailed? Nothing yet after more than 30'. Account in site says that the order is completed but nothing more, no link there. If it is just to wait more I don't mind, just to know how it works.
    I hear ya. Being Canadian, don't know if that has to do with the delayed download ( CAD-US conversion, new account confirm etc.) Confirmed purchase, codes sent. I am anxiously waiting for the download too.

Got the email one hour after purchase. Now to find time to appreciate this classic (and classy) beauty.

i have to uninstall it,i get CTD even when MP is off...........
    Last edited by banjoman1960; June 19th, 2021 at 00:23.

No CTDs for me so far
    First flight just kicked the tyres and went for it .... hmmm, low power on centre engines, control response dubious but at least we're up...for a while, can only steer with rudder, watch those tre...
    Gust locks were on

Start again, all OK for a few circuits then I blew an engine so did a few 3-engine landings...better go read the manuals

Whatever i do , i can't seem to light-up the no2 engine

Pffff, first local flight, little stress wanted to understand the "Gyro-pilot"... still some studing to do, to dare to operate this on VATSIM.

Marcel

PS
    Is there somewhere a description, what is different modelled between the DC-6A, DC-6B? (Understand that the DC-6B has a passenger and cargo version)

I can really support that comment about opening the windows and cranking up the sound. My Arctis Pro Wireless headset in Atmos mode was very convincing. Startup was really good, but when the AFE opened up the throttles on the runway there was a BIG smile on my face!

Members who have read this thread: 0