PMDG DC-6 this friday
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: PMDG DC-6 this friday

PMDG DC-6 this friday

Robert just posted at PMDG forum that the MSFS DC-6 will be available this Friday from www.pmdg.com!

Read Robert´s post here:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...e-announcement

------
    ega

She’s really on Final now...

"Robert just posted at PMDG forum that the MSFS DC-6 will be available this Friday...."

This will be an ABSOLUTE no-brainer purchase (for me).

Hopefully the wizards at PMDG have determined a way around Asobo's utterly crappy, and barely usable MSFS flight model. Can't wait.
    Kent

aargh, and me being on a trip till sunday...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I will wait for you with bated breath Jam Kees!C

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    That would've been me last weekend.

We'll get her warmed up for you...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Looking forward to it! I never got around to acquiring it for FSX/P3D, so it will be a completely new experience for me. I've been really enjoying all of the screenshots you've shared, Cavaricooper!

John-I always appreciate your superb framing and technique- so your compliment is hugely appreciated.Ta mate!Carl

Sigh of relief.....

About time too ! I was on the virge of a nervous breakdown what with the plethora of amazing screenshots to digest ( that's on you, Carl ! ;-). Look but don't touch and all that. "Who's that lady" by the Isley Brothers in my head:

Who's that lady? Who's that lady?
    Sexy lady, who's that lady?
    Beautiful lady, who's that lady?
    Real fine lady, who's that lady?

Hear me callin' out to you
    'Cause that's all that I can do
    Your eyes tell me to pursue
    But you say, look yeah
    But don't touch, baby,
    No, no, no, don't touch

Well, coming friday NO MORE ! I shall be all over that Lady ! Make her growl, breath fire, drip oil, belch smoke and what not. And together we'll touch virtual Heaven as ever there was !

Friday the 18th of June, 2021 !

That date will go down into the book of Flight Simulation as the Historical Day of the arrival of the PMDG MSFS Douglas DC-6A and -B. An event that changed The World of Flight Simulation forever ! (i might be going a bit over the top here but that's what you get after having been exposed to the above mentioned plethora of gorgeous screenshots for so long..)

Btw, talking about that, Carl, this one nearly killed me :

No worries, i survived, but only just !
    Bring on Friday the 18th !!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Sigh of relief.....

About time too ! I was on the virge of a nervous breakdown what with the plethora of amazing screenshots to digest ( that's on you, Carl ! ;-). Look but don't touch and all that. "Who's that lady" by the Isley Brothers in my head:

Who's that lady? Who's that lady?
    Sexy lady, who's that lady?
    Beautiful lady, who's that lady?
    Real fine lady, who's that lady?

Hear me callin' out to you
    'Cause that's all that I can do
    Your eyes tell me to pursue
    But you say, look yeah
    But don't touch, baby,
    No, no, no, don't touch

Well, coming friday NO MORE ! I shall be all over that Lady ! Make her growl, breath fire, drip oil, belch smoke and what not. And together we'll touch virtual Heaven as ever there was !

Friday the 18th of June, 2021 !

That date will go down into the book of Flight Simulation as the Historical Day of the arrival of the PMDG MSFS Douglas DC-6A and -B. An event that changed The World of Flight Simulation forever ! (i might be going a bit over the top here but that's what you get after having been exposed to the above mentioned plethora of gorgeous screenshots for so long..)

Btw, talking about that, Carl, this one nearly killed me :

No worries, i survived, but only just !
    Bring on Friday the 18th !!
    Jan, you are the best!😂
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

I'm so looking forward to flying this.

Also getting the popcorn ready for all of the folks who take more pleasure in proving their rivet counting skills than in actually flying sims as they try to find things to nitpick, given the amazing level of detail in the tutorials.

Once I have this and AH's DC-3, I'm gonna be good until someone does a 727 and P-38.

Jan- I’m like a kid in a candy store, with my nose pressed to the glass case front.... let’s chat after you’ve spent a few hours with her. I look forward to your thoughts.C

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Also getting the popcorn ready for all of the folks who take more pleasure in proving their rivet counting skills than in actually flying sims as they try to find things to nitpick, given the amazing level of detail in the tutorials.
    As with all of the flight sim companies I most respect, PMDG themselves are the rivet counters in this scenario, so no one else need bother. You can see it in every aspect of their work. You can tell they have a vested interest/passion for the aircraft they do, and for doing things right.

Something is telling me this will not be a $14.95 purchase.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Their DC-6 for other platforms have been priced in the $70 (US) range. I doubt that will change here.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    At least x4 because of 4 engines 😉

Will get this one tomorrow even though I wanted to do the first flight with a yoke. Can't wait for that now now though.

Curiuos as to how the system modelling will affect performance. Running an older CPU that might become a bottleneck at some point.

Really looking forward to firing up this machine!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Everything you see from me has been with a 6700K and 1080Ti. I’m a happy camper.

That is good news, thanks!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Their DC-6 for other platforms have been priced in the $70 (US) range. I doubt that will change here.
    Me too but they said looong time ago, when they moved to P3D, that the huge price increase was due to the P3D commercial and training licenses. P3D was not a game! Well MSFS is a game...We will see if they are coherent or not. I doubt it but...

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    that the huge price increase was due to the P3D commercial and training licenses. P3D was not a game! Well MSFS is a game...
    Excellent point ! Let's see what they do.

Jan-

Your chariot awaits mate... sitting at Rotterdam just for you

... and for those L O N G Scandi Atlantic crossings...

Ok, Carl, now you've done it ! I'm dead and gone to virtual Heaven !

Oh, wait ! I think i already did that... Now what.....

I know ! Bring on that DC-6 package !!! Nothing yet...... 14:00 hours here in Holland, guess must be around 8:00 at the PMDG hangar.... Wakey, wakey boys !!! I am rattling at your door!!! Money in ze pocket !!

Thanks for the KLM preview, Carl, absolutely gorgeous !! Does it come with the package you think ?

Waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing................

I feel like a six year old birthday boy waiting for his present...

Jan-

I am not part of PMDG, I just beta test for them- the money in my pocket works out to about 1/8 cent per hour towards the cost of the aeroplane... that's not an incentive

Yes, ALL the liveries I have featured (and more) come with the Operations Center 2 Livery Installer. Once you install the DC-6 it will create a shortcut on your desktop to the OC2. You can then add liveries to your heart's content. As soon as she debuts, there will be an opportunity for our SOH talent to bring out their brushes and I for one cannot wait to see her in the splendor of MSFS. The new materials and textures really bring LIFE to this aeroplane (amongst the 10,000 other improvements).

Looking forward to the community's reaction- I particularly value SOH immensely.

C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Jan-

I am not part of PMDG, I just beta test for them- the money in my pocket works out to about 1/8 cent per hour towards the cost of the aeroplane... that's not an incentive

Yes, ALL the liveries I have featured (and more) come with the Operations Center 2 Livery Installer.
    Wonderful ! Thanks!

Once you install the DC-6 it will create a shortcut on your desktop to the OC2. You can then add liveries to your heart's content. As soon as she debuts, there will be an opportunity for our SOH talent to bring out their brushes and I for one cannot wait to see her in the splendor of MSFS. The new materials and textures really bring LIFE to this aeroplane (amongst the 10,000 other improvements).
    I can easily imagine and hoping to, within an hour or two, finally see for myself ! I'm sure my socks will be knocked off !

Looking forward to the community's reaction- I particularly value SOH immensely. C
    Actually i'm a little surprised about the, sort of, more or less, unsubstantial reaction here at SOH about the imminent release of the PMDG DC-6... Atleast compared to Avsim that shows 12 pages and counting about the release by now. We're still at page 1 here... Particularly also because avsim's clientele is not really known for its unsurpassed enthusiasm for vintage aircraft where'as we here at SOH do love the ol' bird or two very much. Atleast that has always been my understanding....

Still, interesting fact. Maybe it's like much more avsimmers said goodbye to FSX/P3D in favor of MSFS...

Members who have read this thread: 0