PMDG DC-6 this friday - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: PMDG DC-6 this friday

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Hey Kent! Hope all's been well with you Sir! I agree, I was a little stumped the C-118 and VC-118 (Independence) liveries weren't in the stack as well but hopefully they will show up sometime in the near future. I agree, PMDG hit a home run here and it's great to see FS2020 maturing as such which in my opinion is perhaps a bit ahead of the long development curve that plagued FSX and P3D at various intervals during their insipient and intermediate stages.

It's so good to finally see a simulator with the visuals for both the aircraft and scenery and with very reasonably priced addons and nice freeware showing up as well. I missed the DC-6 more than any other model leaving P3D behind but I'm good now!
    Bryant!

Just did a short hop from LAX to BUR (ORBX's well done rendition) in 1958 Western Airlines colors. I have pretty much downloaded all repaints available from the .to website (Western, JK's TEAL, a TAA variant, an FAB military DC-6B). I keep waiting for the excitement to wear off, but so far, I see NOTHING to dislike on the DC-6 (and I can be a curmudgeon!). Just love this airplane, and really enjoy it with the extra fidelity/realism the MSFS eye candy affords. I may become a propliner only guy! (In addition to AH's C-7/DC-3 and FR's C-54/DC-4, would LOVE to see JF's F27 released for MSFS....and would REALLY love an L-188 Electra [both pax and cargo variants])

Man, this is GREAT flying!

Kent

These screenshots look amazing! Virtually all of them look like photographs. JanKees, those paints with the mix of bare metal and paint look awesome.

Lovely paints Jankees.
    Is a British Eagle one on your to do list?

Someone doing this?

itīs the only DC 4 wat Lufthans use,i have no dc 6 found,
    so try to do this..............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5004_1.jpg  

try to get it in the colours........................

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wasy.JPG   Unbenanntyosimitea.JPG  

Kent, I spoke too soon! Right after I responded last night, I found these at Flightsim.to. I hope we see the VC-118 "Independence" soon as well.
    Attachment 83339Attachment 83340Attachment 83341Attachment 83342

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep...I saw those too. I suspect more military variants will come out. So far, I have also seen a Brazilian AF version on .to as well.

Kent

There is something weird with my engine No.4

Others are well. Just after the start in prder to warm up the engines. when I trottle up a little bit to set 10.000 rpm my No.4, Manifold RPM and BMEP goes crazy.
    I repaired the engine 3 times without success. I damaged my engine yesterday

No blower, Booster pumps in Low. I have low oil pressure as I couldnīt warm up that engine properly but I dont see anything else.
    Other engines are okay with the same config. Any idea?

There is something weird with my engine No.4

Others are well. Just after the start in prder to warm up the engines. when I trottle up a little bit to set 10.000 rpm my No.4, Manifold RPM and BMEP goes crazy.
    I repaired the engine 3 times without success. I damaged my engine yesterday

Low blower, Booster pumps in Low. I have low oil pressure as I couldnīt warm up that engine properly but I dont see anything else.
    Other engines are okay with the same config. Any idea?

Do you have a spurious axis commanding? Please check EVERY attached controller for signal being sent to Engine 4.Try just using F3 to increase to 1000RPM to verify it’s an input problem.

Got it. Thank you Carl. That was the problem.
    Really appreciated. I understand now why you felt in love with this beauty.

So glad you found the culprit- enjoy her, I do!

One thing I discovered was that I have to move my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Throttles VERY slowly or the physical position of the VC throttle levers will not stay uniform. So when I retard the throttles to idle on landing, I have to slowly retard them or one or more will not be at the idle stop and the reverse prop lockout gate won't release. Of course, on the real DC-6, throttle and pitch lever movement had to be slow to not shock the engine and/or put stress on the shaft and gears.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Storm- sounds like you’re sending 2 axis’ for Throttles. Either set 1&2 left and 3&4 right- or pick one axis for all 4.Yes, RW Throttle operation on transport category radials is always slow... lots of moving metal.

Tutorials

Going thru the individual PMDG tutorials has been a complete joy.
    There is so much to discover about this aircraft and its systems.

The video about cockpit lighting nicely shows what PMDG has done with the ASOBO realistic light effects.

Hoping to see some Air Tanker liveries come out for this as well.

Interesting info on the throttle movement speed. On takeoff, I've been noticing my #1 engine is 2 knobs higher than the rest. I'm assuming for P-Factor assistance?
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Hoping to see some Air Tanker liveries come out for this as well.

Interesting info on the throttle movement speed. On takeoff, I've been noticing my #1 engine is 2 knobs higher than the rest. I'm assuming for P-Factor assistance?
    Agreed. I think Im going to start on this TBM Inc DC-6 N90739. It began life for American Airlines "Flagship Georgia" Then was used by the Monkees for touring and then ended up as an airtanker for TBM until it met the scrapper.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Now....if we can just get the Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 and Flight Replicas DC-4/C-54 released for MSFS...we'll be in classic prop liner heaven!

Kent
    I could not agree more. I'd even add a Connie in the mix, lol. C'mon A2A!!!

Seeing the liveries like the Transavia, The Flying Dutchman, and others blew it for me.

I was no longer able to resist the itch to hit that "Purchase" button.

Purchased last night, and am now working my way through the videos. Can't wait to bring these radials to life and hear them purrr..
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

A quick question.
    Does the plane have minor random failures as a feature?

On a recent flight I noticed that the cylinder head temp for number 3 was low and closed the cowl flaps another notch. The temperature didn't go up. When I went to check the engine visually the cowl flaps where stuck open in their take off configuration and wouldn't close. Is this a bug with the auto flight engineer or did I run into a feature I didn't know about?
    Engine damage was turned off at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Panaka View Post
    A quick question.
    Does the plane have minor random failures as a feature?

On a recent flight I noticed that the cylinder head temp for number 3 was low and closed the cowl flaps another notch. The temperature didn't go up. When I went to check the engine visually the cowl flaps where stuck open in their take off configuration and wouldn't close. Is this a bug with the auto flight engineer or did I run into a feature I didn't know about?
    Engine damage was turned off at the time.
    Well, I don't know if a random fault system is being modeled, but on a recent flight I lowered my flaps lever and although I heard the hydraulic noise of the hydraulics the flaps did not go down and the flaps indicator marked position 0

[URL="https://flic.kr/p/2meR65c"]2021-08-02_14-24-23

I have noticed the lack of some textures at cargo plane. The same with default and custom liveries. Do anybody have this issue?

Yes- the pink is noted for a fix (post Asobo SU5 Hotfix).

Military versions.....

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Yep...I saw those too. I suspect more military variants will come out. So far, I have also seen a Brazilian AF version on .to as well.

Kent
    Hey Kent...I'm very confident that you'll be seeing another Navy variant .....soonŪ.

Awesome! Looking forward to it....

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 0