oh ****

Thread: oh ****

oh ****

I restart my computer with a windows update, I want to start MSFS and I get this:

not good, I think, now what? Anybody got any suggestions? Uninstall and install again?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

after some digging, found this:
    Open Registry Editor Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE → SYSTEM → CurrentControlSet → Services
    Remove the GamingServices and GamingServices.Net
    Restart Computer
    Go to your Windows Store → 3-dot-menu → Downloads and Updates → Check updates
    Gaming Services should install now without issue.
    Double check by rebooting and going back to Windows Store and trying to Get Updates again - you should be Up to date.

which did the trick, with a bit of patience in the above screen...phfew!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Glad you got it sorted! Thanks for sharing the solution in case any of use end up hitting the issue.

You can also get knocked off the XBox servers with an upgrade. It's happened to me several times. Just reboot the server and off you go again. Damned annoying.

Unbelievable. I faced the exact same issue this past weekend and managed to mess up my MSFS install. Thanks to the gents at Jetline Systems for walking me through corrective actions-- to include a fresh install of MSFS 2020 (which would not have been necessary had I not tried to "fix" it myself)!

Kent

Unfortunately for me, doing what jankees suggested totally messed up MSFS. I saw the same post last week and tried it and MSFS woundnt even start . Had to reinstall MSFS , total time consumer . It works for some and not for others . I figured I would try it cause the sim wasn’t running , ctd multiple times etc . It works well now . And I’m afraid to update MSFS down the road for anything because will it / won’t it mess up everything again ? Lol

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 1