Dorand AR.1 - new model for MSFS

Thread: Dorand AR.1 - new model for MSFS

Dorand AR.1 - new model for MSFS

Crazy time.... new model for MSFS and again historic?

https://secure.simmarket.com/realphy...200-msfs.phtml

LOL.

On screenshots looks very nice, see materials:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wow. Here I was thinking that as a flight sim "for the masses," MSFS would not attract the kind of obscure, esoteric add-on planes we used to see for FSX. But this month's offerings have been esoteric enough for anybody.

August

This one is another must have for me, almost anything 'Great War Vintage' will get my attention (and my $$$$).
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The exquisite modelling and the Greek flag on the fin of one of the paints sold me. Downloading now but I notice it is pilotless?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    The exquisite modelling and the Greek flag on the fin of one of the paints sold me. Downloading now but I notice it is pilotless?
    Can you test it? Pilot is present from external view?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It is indeed a "drone" in external view. No pilots:

Also I can not believe a plane was covered in "potato sack" canvas, even in 1917:

Control surfaces movement does not move the control wires with it, the surfaces just cut through them as they move.

It is easy to take off fly and land, no idea how the real one behaved. Gauges seem modern and along with the GPS it could represent a modern "hybrid" reconstruction.

I may have been too fast to buy, even the Greek paint does not seem authentic, I need to check.

I will look for a way to offer some constructive comments to the devs as the price is good and such "off the beaten track" creations should be encouraged.

This looks very much like the pièce de résistance of an experienced 3D modeler toy'ing around with the modeling and texture material capabilities of MSFS. The dashboard/gauges seem to come right out of a Bugatti Veyron. Notice the 'WWI style headphones' on the seat. Bummer no pilot to actually wear it. (looks like he left his reading glasses stuck on the left side of the cockpit coaming. Dev seems to be toy'ing not only with the MSFS materials but with us too.. ).

This thing looks like having been designed in 1914 and build one century later... Just out of curiosity i think i gotta have it.. Kinda cool

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lpdorand6.jpg  

Great observation - it is exactly like a magnum opus in 3D model making and texture work.
    It isn’t meant to showcase the airplane so much as the work
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'm just wondering where they put all the black boxes needed to make that glass panel work!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Looks great, but a pilot would be nice, I don't think they had drones in 1916..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Has been updated with a few improvements. One is obvious.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 0