WWII Italian airbase scenery

Thread: WWII Italian airbase scenery

WWII Italian airbase scenery

Does anyone know of any airbase scenery that is applicable for the WWII AerMaachi C.202 / C.205's?

Regards to you all,

Bill

Good Luck. I've been searching for a WWII version of Guidonia for years. I have zero talent to do one on my own even if I had visual resources to help. For such an important airfield, I have found few pictures from the era.
    Matt

Bill:

I've found these 2 fields - not sure where I downloaded them.

Milo is applicable for the RA; Venafro an allied ALG - advanced landing ground - parts of readmes included for you.

I've come across some North African fields set up for the German NAAF, but if memory serves me correctly, only Fiat CR32, 42 and Maachi 200 were used in North Africa.

Trapani_Milo_FSX --Milo airfield near the town of Trapani on the western tip of Sicily on the Mediterranean coast
    Also includes the airfield of Castelvetrano, about 15 miles south of Trapani

Originally built for the Regia Aeronautica in the 1920's, and very important for the supply effort for axis force's in North Africa. The airfield was joint operated with JU52 and Me323 gigants and Bf109 (JG27) fighters on the Luftwaffe side and Italian units operating Fiat CR42 and Ju87's

Venafro_ALG_Italy--This was originally a doddle for my own use but decided to put it out there :-)

Not a lot of info on Venafro, The RAF operated out of here through spring and summer 1944, including Spitfire's of 601 Sq, and the landing ground was an ALG similar to those along the south coast of England and Europe with metal plank runways. The rest is pretty much my imagination. Looks a lovely area to fly around in good weather, but in poor visability and the WW2 Italian mud, in not so sure.

Hope this helps, Good Luck
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

Members who have read this thread: 0