P3dv5.2 released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P3dv5.2 released

When was this announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Well, despite updating my video driver, plus attempts at various graphics adjustments, I have many payware aircraft with texture problems, I. E. Dino's Skyhawk and Simworks Phantom. Does not help that Simworks is out of the P3D business now. Oh well. I am planning to dump 5.2 and reinstall 5.1. I had zero problems with that version. I am running a 8700k cpu with a 1080ti card. Should not have these problems. NC
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

The issues I reported earlier have been resolved with several models mysteriously causing a CTD. It is FSL Spotlights that causes the mysterious CTD. If a model is selected that has this mod and the lights are ON in the FSL GUI then CTD. If selected but lights are not ON i.e. OFF then no problems at all. So it seems the current version of FSL Spotlights will not work with the improved EA and Dynamic Lighting fixes in the improved sim.

I'm having problems with AH and Justflight models. The mosquito shows no textures when the sim starts, gun flashes have disappeared and frame rates have fallen.

It'll probably come as no surprise that a lot of third-party effects files from P3Dv5.1 don't display/work in P3Dv5.2.
    Afterburner/reheat effects head the list, but quite a few lighting effects are also bent.

Dave

Ok I've just found this fix at Avsim.

"If you've already installed v5.2 and find yourself having performance issues, uninstalling the client, deleting the ShadersHLSL folder, and reinstalling the client has worked for many others to eliminate the problem."
    It worked for me.

Mike

I want to be able to run 5.2, but need to make sure that someone ELSE has actually loaded Simworks Phantom and Nimitz before I reinstall it again. Way too much work & effort; only to find it is still messed up. So, if anyone else is successful with these addons, please report back? NC

Cavok The install method works fine if you follow those steps. I let the install fix the shader issue and have had no issues there. I also found that some not all of the JF models have a hidden copyright switch, Carenado do this as well. If you just do a quick reinstall it should work.

This is the JF/AH Mossie all working no issues!

I want to be able to run 5.2, but need to make sure that someone ELSE has actually loaded Simworks Phantom and Nimitz before I reinstall it again. Way too much work & effort; only to find it is still messed up. So, if anyone else is successful with these addons, please report back? NC
    The aircraft loads fine. Weapons (no TacPack) also display fine. Reheat effects - fine. Lights? Not so good. Wing lights fine. Tail light and beacons non-op.
    Haven't tried taxi or landing lights.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-6-13_8-37-10-704.jpg   2021-6-13_8-37-23-170.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    The aircraft loads fine. Weapons (no TacPack) also display fine. Reheat effects - fine. Lights? Not so good. Wing lights fine. Tail light and beacons non-op.
    Haven't tried taxi or landing lights.

Dave
    So cockpit display is normal? On mine, the HUD, and all warning lights were all messed up. Do you have the Nimitz? If so, how does it look? NC

On mine, the HUD, and all warning lights were all messed up. Do you have the Nimitz? If so, how does it look? NC
    So you have tried it, then?

No issues in the cockpit - or I would have said.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-6-13_19-22-29-273.jpg  

Oops. Sorry. Thanks.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Anyone try UT in the current version??

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cg_1976 View Post
    anyone try ut in the current version??
    "ut"? Nc

Ultimate Traffic works fine for me in 5.2 .

For those of us who updated to P3Dv5.2 by updating the individual components, there's been a change:

The originally recommended sequence has always been:
    1. Client
    2. Content
    3. Scenery

but, with P3Dv5.2, this has been changed to:
    1. Content
    2. Client
    3. Scenery

It seems that certain effects were being disabled/removed by the original sequence. If you have followed the original sequence, simply remove and reinstall the Client.

Thanks, Henk, for this.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 1