An IL-76 Panel....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An IL-76 Panel....

An IL-76 Panel....

After messing with Antonovs I've diversified all the way to Ilyushin...

The 76 is around in various permutations.. none is Native and most have so amy GAUs in them it takes a month to load.
    I decided to reverse-engineer a VC and swap out 'most' of them....only using one [out of spite] ...and created a matching [mostly] 2D panel from a screen capture.

Not quite finished....only been about a week....and yes, there's glass....and see-through blinds....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IL-76-Panel NEW.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	398.6 KB 
ID:	83120

Very nice, thanks..!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Looking forward to this one, nothing on the web that I've seen right now is in the same league. Just finished as far as I could get them in installing some IL-76s for FSX, the panels remain difficult to use due to problems w/the autopilot.

I'm currently attempting to swap out the last GAU as lo and behold it needs the logic gauge to get the gauges to function...and actually prevents the flaps from extending...so it's one or the other. Obviously some other gau or part is needed...and there's way too many to trial-and-error.
    Instead I'm trying to find some suitable looking gauges that are xml and avoid the logic totally...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    After messing with Antonovs I've diversified all the way to Ilyushin...

The 76 is around in various permutations.. none is Native and most have so amy GAUs in them it takes a month to load.
    I decided to reverse-engineer a VC and swap out 'most' of them....only using one [out of spite] ...and created a matching [mostly] 2D panel from a screen capture.

Not quite finished....only been about a week....and yes, there's glass....and see-through blinds....
    There's an FSX IL-76 at Russian Avsim site here

https://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircr...fsx-59780.html

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    There's an FSX IL-76 at Russian Avsim site here

https://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircr...fsx-59780.html

Ttfn

Pete
    That's the one I started with....thousands of GAUs and dlls [well....dozens]. The glass has the cloud issue so it's not Native...
    I DL'd every one I could find...to sift through and find the best....it's the best...except for the GAUs...

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    JAFO your efforts are appreciated, as one who has wrestled with various downloads for this aircraft as a whole and specifically for a good replacement panel will tell you. There are a couple of '76s out there that have a charming "booby trap," if you will, built into the autopilot. You can't activate the thing without the ground support gear appearing around the aircraft, at any altitude. It's a Russian-language panel and too bad, since it's very detailed w/many working gauges.

I've almost got it to a point where I can't tell whether I'm in the VC or the 2D....and only one gauge from a GAU ...I think it's outside my options to resolve....VC center console.
    I haven't tried the Autopilot as yet ...still busy getting bits to match...

There's 4 oil pressure warning lights for the VC I can't find....and 2 gauges I was going to add via GAU can't happen....the GAU crashes FSX....so I've written one in xml...and will probably write the other as well. This is the 2D.

Name:	IL76-panel-new.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	410.1 KB 
ID:	83197

I wrote a few more gauges....and now there's only one GAU .... and I have no clue how to replicate it as it does a lot in the center console...VC only....big knobs and such.
    I'll probably compile them all into the one cab file....and keep it neat and tidy...so it's a heck of a lot different to all those GAUs, DLLs and CABs that it once was...

Name:	Image25.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	417.3 KB 
ID:	83211

Thanks for doing this, it's sounding better and better...!

Its been fun watching your work progress.
    I hope all is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Its been fun watching your work progress.
    I hope all is OK.
    Yes...all's good....I got sidetracked doing another panel....actually 3...pilot 2D, Nav 2D and Pilot VC for the somewhat low quality Myasishchev M-50 Bounder ....sort of easy because it's a 'what-if' as there doesn't appear to be any details about reality. Then I had to code a bunch of gauges to do what I wanted them to...eg just getting radar switches to move was harder than expected [trial and error].

Here's what the main looks like...so far...

Name:	M-50 2D.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	438.8 KB 
ID:	83446

The IL-76 has a great lump of a radar hanging down...so I switched it on....yes, back to finishing this one...

Name:	il76-night.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	268.5 KB 
ID:	83534

Probably better in daylight...

Name:	il76-2D new.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	404.1 KB 
ID:	83535

Very nice to see in both states..

While I get around to compiling the Il-76 panel and bits for upload.....I've started on another one....An-22 ....no VC and the 2D panel was pretty plain...so going to see what I can come up with....early days...starts with a suitable photo...

Name:	an-22.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	371.5 KB 
ID:	83565

I quite enjoy these things...even if I have to rewrite gauges etc....quite a bit more to do with this one...yet...

Name:	an-22-2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	407.3 KB 
ID:	83585

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Stay in there, JAFO, we're rooting for you on the sidelines.

I think the Il-76 panel's done....all but 1 Gau removed.

Here's what I started with [when it wasn't crashing FSX]....

Name:	IL76-2D-Original.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	224.8 KB 
ID:	83669

...and here's what I ended up with....complete with functioning radar etc....not 'photo-real' but identical to the VC.

Name:	IL76-2D-New.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	388.4 KB 
ID:	83670

Looking forward to this panel.
    The Russian style of instrumentation you added greatly improves the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Looking forward to this panel.
    The Russian style of instrumentation you added greatly improves the look.
    Been playing with a Cyrillic 'style' font...that you can almost read...once you get the hang of it.

Just compiling this as a full upload...as I have effects as well, not just the panel...

The Ilyushin IL-76 Panel has been uploaded....as a complete aircraft upload as it includes other 'tweaks'...not just the panel.
    Only one GAU to say 'yes' to...instead of the dozens it used to have.
    Graphically it's pretty much identical as-was, other than now being exact to the VC.
    Screen-cap conversions work quite well...if the VC is good in the first place, and gets a more 3D look to the 2D panel...

Looking forward to it being available.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    The Ilyushin IL-76 Panel has been uploaded....as a complete aircraft upload as it includes other 'tweaks'...not just the panel.
    Only one GAU to say 'yes' to...instead of the dozens it used to have.
    Graphically it's pretty much identical as-was, other than now being exact to the VC.
    Screen-cap conversions work quite well...if the VC is good in the first place, and gets a more 3D look to the 2D panel...
    The entry is showing in the library but the download says not available.?

Members who have read this thread: 2