An IL-76 Panel.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An IL-76 Panel....

Yes....it shows as 'status unknown' .... whatever that means .....gonna have to chase up an admin for help.

I've re-uploaded it....perhaps it's sorted now...

Edit...I see it has some 'hits' so it's accessible now...

Now that it's up OK....I'll get back onto that AN-22 one...

JAFO, just wanted to thank you for an outstanding job on the IL-76 panel. I appreciate the subtle English conversions in the otherwise Cyrillic markings. I never tried the IL-76 before, but I'm glad this prompted me to give this one a whirl. This is a very excellent model and will take some time getting used to all of its nuances. Thank you and looking forward to all of your upcoming projects. Terry

Thanks JAFCO I second what Simtech said. If anyone is interested your panel will work in the Beriev A-50 AEW Mainstay which you can get at Avsim RU. I could never get the vc to work in FSX. Now with your panel its a perfect fit and all vc and 2d panel functions work. Thanks Robert

Glad you guys are liking it....now I'll have to look at the Beriev...

Quote Originally Posted by demile View Post
    The Beriev is a 2004 model, like the IL-76...and by the same person [Monumentum].

I did a quick and dirty load....remming out the GAUs....there were 3 or 4....no response to stick initially...did a few swaps to stuff like smoke...and the datum is different...all the engines are wrong height...so I'll need to correct that....the VC and 2D work just fine...same coder...same model as such....got yaw and bank to respond...pitch is stuck like there's a autopilot issue...so need to look a bit closer...

Beware low flying aircraft....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image9.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	83771

Beriev flies really heavy....more sluggish than a 225....so probably needs some tweaks in the elev section. Gonna be a truck with that radar on top...but maybe it's overdone... [issue with going to FSX].
    I did get it off the ground...needed a lot of muscle...particularly when you use an X65F stick [that doesn't move]...

Your right about the elevator. The plane wants to pitch up all of the time. I wish there was a trim wheel so you could get some kind of adjustment on it. I also noticed the throttle levers don't move in the vc like your 76 does. Here are my smoke sys parameters using the 76 smoke from yours.
    [smokesystem]//------------------------------- Afterburner....3 stage burner toggle
    smoke.1 = 10.5, -33.0, 1.0, JAFO_225_St1-Smoke // 10% N1 RPM smoke Engine1 - L Outer
    smoke.2 = 8.5, -33.0, 1.0, JAFO_225_St1-Smoke // 40% N1 RPM smoke Engine1 - L Outer
    smoke.3 = 11.5, -33.0, 1.0, JAFO_225_St2 // 80% N1 RPM smoke Engine1 - L Outer
    smoke.4 = 18.5, -19.8, 1.8, JAFO_225_St1-Smoke // 10% N1 RPM smoke Engine2 - L Inner
    smoke.5 = 16.5, -19.8, 1.8, JAFO_225_St1-Smoke // 40% N1 RPM smoke Engine2 - L Inner
    smoke.6 = 19.5, -19.8, 1.8, JAFO_225_St2 // 80% N1 RPM smoke Engine2 - L Inner

smoke.7 = 18.5, 20.0, 1.8, JAFO_225_St1-Smoke // 10% N1 RPM smoke Engine3 - R Inner
    smoke.8 = 16.5, 20.0, 1.8, JAFO_225_St1-Smoke // 40% N1 RPM smoke Engine3 - R Inner
    smoke.9 = 19.5, 20.0, 1.8, JAFO_225_St2 // 80% N1 RPM smoke Engine3 - R Inner
    smoke.10 = 10.5, 33.3, 1.0, JAFO_225_St1-Smoke // 10% N1 RPM smoke Engine4 - R Outer
    smoke.11 = 8.5, 33.3, 1.0, JAFO_225_St1-Smoke // 40% N1 RPM smoke Engine4 - R Outer
    smoke.12 = 11.5, 33.3, 1.0, JAFO_225_St2 // 80% N1 RPM smoke Engine4 - R Outer

Yep...those look good.....datum was different.

Changed all sorts of things with the elevs....even the airfile....still flies like a brick....shall dig deeper...

Thanks for the nice work on the 2D and VC panel.
    I noticed on the 2D panel, co-pilots side, a missing gauge. Using the vc gauge entry fixed the issue, see attached for panel.cfg edit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fix1.jpg   2D Panel.jpg  

Dang it....I missed that as part of the final rework... I had swapped that out...and corrected it on the VC but forgot the 2D.
    You've got it right...how it was supposed to be.

That's what you get for doing 4 panels at once....the 76, an AN-22 one....and a bit of fun with an M-50 Bounder - with 2 cockpit panels...

The replaced gauge has new graphics and Cyrillic font tho main reason was to go metric...

lights

I changed some of the light positions and added the strobe.
    I used the data from the original aircraft.cfg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lights.jpg  

I actually didn't touch the lights...at least not recently...as these days I use the smoke section for...er....smoke...

Looking at The Beriev....I managed to take off without issue...but had swapped out the air file and stuff...as it can't be too different from the 76....in any detail. The aircraft.cfg can't be a straight swap as the datum is different..you'd have to leave the exhausts same as the 76 as well.
    The Panels are a wee bit different...no mag compass bracket...and you'd see the probe on the nose....so perhaps I can do a specific version for the Beriev....simple enough.
    I like the dark grey paint scheme on one of them....might see how it swaps to the 76 as well...

Oh....and there's no 'Sturman'/Navigator post...so I'd remove that...

Doesn't take a lot of time...not when you have a layered PSP for the 76.....this'll be the A-50....when I get to up it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image11.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	384.3 KB 
ID:	83792

Edit....except I'll get the wiper on the inside of the probe.....[dang layers]...

Members who have read this thread: 2