Heres a kind of odd question

Thread: Heres a kind of odd question

SOH-CM-2023

Heres a kind of odd question

Hi All,

I was wondering what country has the most complete and detailed set of airports, specifically GA airports as most big commercial airports have been done pretty well. I was thinking that its either the UK with the UK2000 areas 1-6 (and the rest of the highly detailed airports) or the Aerosoft's Germany 1-4 and all of the other addons from them. I also think that South Africa has been done pretty well and Canada too. Just trying to get other peoples perceptions.

Sean

That question isn't that odd. The UK and Germany are indeed pretty well covered, France has VFR France which will bring you most French airfields (I don't think the FS9 version is still available) . There are several Scandinavian sites which have quite some freeware airfields (I don't know how complete these are). But I think the scenery from NL2000 really covers all airfield, airstrips and heli platforms you can find in the Netherlands....

Cheers,
    Huub

Gotta be the USA. MS is an American company and the US must be its biggest market, so it would be surprising if they didn't put their best efforts into depicting US airports. I'll be amazed if someone shows us that it's not so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Gotta be the USA. MS is an American company and the US must be its biggest market, so it would be surprising if they didn't put their best efforts into depicting US airports. I'll be amazed if someone shows us that it's not so.
    I completely agree with you about the default airfields, but I think in the aftermarket and freeware world, countries like the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and France were very well supplied.

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I completely agree with you about the default airfields, but I think in the aftermarket and freeware world, countries like the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and France were very well supplied.

Cheers,
    Huub
    I agree that in the default MS did a pretty good job. But I was more wondering about the aftermarket side of things. I totally forgot about the NL2000 project. What made me think about this is that in the UK I have literally hundreds of places I haven't flown to virtually with the combo of different projects including a bunch of small ultralight fields that I can go wander to and from. I looked at the Germany fields I have installed, and I could probably wander around that country for a couple of months and not hit the same field twice. I used to have a lot of GA fields for Israel so I might go back there and wander around.

Sean

The Czech Republic has an impressive range of airfields:

https://www.flightsim.cz/scenery/?sim=9

https://medlanky.bumper.cz/fs.html

There were some freeware gems, that are not available anymore (or only by mail ), the Giant Mountains (four fields), Prague and Brno city (Prague Tocna is excellent), Jeseniky area with two brilliant airfields.

And of course get Finland for free before it's gone:

https://files.fsnordic.net/sceneries

All sceneries even in 2021 in excellent quality.

When flying to Finland you might start your journey here and do a short hop over the Baltic Sea:

http://www.fs-estonia.de/EstonianLandscape_E.html

Also, Estonia and Finland come with their own landclass, so no UT Europe is required.

Members who have read this thread: 0